Any ToD fans out there?

LostArk

Indy Starman said:
Oh yes! I shall join! (Yes, I do have MSN also.)

Post your MSN here or PM it and I'll add you. The_Raider doesn't have his movies with him and I'm going out for an hour so we'll watch it then. Will you be online?

Agent Crab

LostArk said:
Post your MSN here or PM it and I'll add you. The_Raider doesn't have his movies with him and I'm going out for an hour so we'll watch it then. Will you be online?

I will be online.

I'll PM you my MSN.

Raider S

After Raiders, Doom is my favorite by far. It was the one I was most into as a kid. By the time Crusade came out I was "too grown-up" to care.

Doom's Indy is the most over-the-top and comic bookish of all the films. It's a good ride save a few dumb moments.

Doom also had the best poster - Indy with a machete in the doorway of a temple. Still have the original 'teaser' one sheet of that. Probably got it from the Star Wars fan clun. Now that's going WAY back...

martinland

LostArk said:
Well then rewatch it with us now :rolleyes:
Silly me... :rolleyes:
...I just got it: You're going to watch the film whereever you are at the same time and commenting on it using a live chat.

That's just a superb idea (I projected all three of them two weeks ago; now I've already watched KOTCS four times at the cinema w/ all my family members and friends; except w/ our six year old daughter - you bet she would have liked to; and I will watch Raiders again in two days)!!

Maybe we should do the same on a grand scale at the end of the year, when we all have the new DVD :cool:!

LostArk

We couldn't watch it last night due to technical difficulties but we will soon. It'd be very, very awesome to do an Indython (4 movies + YIJ) on a large scale.

Foxy Oxley

Not a "Doom" fan but how is the jumping out a plane in a rubber raft, sliding down a mountain, then falling off said mountain into a raging river any more or less believable than surviving 3 waterfalls?

MolaRam2

Foxy Oxley said:
Not a "Doom" fan but how is the jumping out a plane in a rubber raft, sliding down a mountain, then falling off said mountain into a raging river any more or less believable than surviving 3 waterfalls?

The 3 waterfalls was repetitive and the waterfalls looked like CGI. Sliding down a mountain=don't see anything wrong with that. Jumping out of a plane in a raft=a little bit of a stretch, but not that ridiculous.

Foxy Oxley said:

The 3 waterfalls scene was disappointing...the camera was drawn back so far, I felt detached from the action.

The Doom scene felt more engaging.

I'm cool with the '3 Waterfalls', just not the way it was executed. They built up so much with Oxley repetitively chanting 'it drops 3 times.'

DocWhiskey said:
Temple of Doom isn't my favorite Indy movie, but for some reason, it's the one I choose to see the most, especially with friends. Kinda hard to explain. I love ToD.

Me, too...In the past month, I haven't seen Raiders once.

I've rewatched TLC a couple times and TOD the most. I usually fast forward through the "Black Sleep of Kali" part and turn it off after the bridge has been cut.

Avilos

MolaRam2 said:
the waterfalls looked like CGI.
Well the "Making of" Book said crews went and shot real footage of Waterfalls.

I think the problem with that scene is there should have been more Point of View
shots. So we could experience the journey down the falls with the riders.

LostArk

Avilos said:
Well the "Making of" Book said crews went and shot real footage of Waterfalls.

I think the problem with that scene is there should have been more Point of View
shots. So we could experience the journey down the falls with the riders.

They were real waterfalls.

LostArk

When more people really want to watch it ;)
I want to organize a rewatch where we can all start at the same time and discuss it live in this thread.

Avilos

LostArk said:
They were real waterfalls.

Yes! So its amusing to hear some complain that they look fake!

On another forum I visit people were saying a sunset at the beginning of the film looked fake, too CGI looking. When the behind the scenes documentary footage proves there was no CGI in that shot at all. It was just a real sunset that was filmed.

LOL!

IAdventurer01

Although off topic, I think we've stumbled across why some think the CGI was overused - they're seeing CGI where it's actually real! And if it's that easily confused, what's the problem?

Oh, and ToD - despite being my least favorite, is has grown on me recently for whatever reason. So, yeah - I'll watch it again. (y)

Mutt-Jones III

Okay.

LostArk said:
When more people really want to watch it ;)
I want to organize a rewatch where we can all start at the same time and discuss it live in this thread.

Private Message me when it's time. :whip: