Michael Jackson Dead(?)

Le Saboteur

Finn said:
What about David Hasselhoff?

I think he garnered more fame in the '90's on Baywatch. Tom Selleck will come in a clo-ose second; if only Magnum had been more popular.

Nothing defined the eighties the way Miami Vice and Michael Jackson did.

Finn

Staff member
Le Saboteur said:
Nothing defined the eighties the way Miami Vice and Michael Jackson did.
Gotcha. You were referring to the known faces of the golden decade. I was simply going for a playful remark by trying to find a bygone fellow who has something of a reputation of goof and weirdo...

I watched Knight Rider as a kid, but it's not one of the defining series of the 80s to me. I'd also go with Miami Vice for that, though my personal favorite has to be MacGyver. Man, that one takes me back.

Stoo

Nurhachi1991 said:
WooT I finally got to order my Beat It shirt!!!! The one with the keyboard on it :D
As great a dancer as he was, the only thing "cool" about Michael Jackson's music is that he used Eddie Van Halen for the guitar on that song. (10 points for the person who knows which guitarist played on Weird Al Yankovic's, "Eat It".)

Grab a banana. Grab a whole bunch.
It doesn't matter what you had for lunch.
Just eat it!
Eat it.

Nurhachi1991

Stoo said:
As great a dancer as he was, the only thing "cool" about Michael Jackson's music is that he used Eddie Van Halen for the guitar on that song. (10 points for the person who knows which guitarist played on Weird Al Yankovic's, "Eat It".)

Grab a banana. Grab a whole bunch.
It doesn't matter what you had for lunch.
Just eat it!
Eat it.

Have some more chicken have some more pie it doesnt matter if it's grilled or fried :p

kongisking

Damn, I feel awful about this. I used to be one of the biggest MJ bashers (and can you honestly blame me? His face!:eek: ), but now with him gone, the guilt is seriously hitting me hard. I've realized that as nutty as he was, he was still a human being entitled to the same respect and acceptance as me or you, and I treated him like a feak.

And yes, from what I've seen and heard of his past work (I wasn't around back then; only seventeen, remember?), he probably was an incredible talent and the most influential artist of the late twentieth century. As bad as his modern reputation has gotten, I respect his old self and his achievements. I have seen that documentary mentioned above, and I never realized how tragic and touching this man's life was.

And now, after years of being a personal favorite punch-line of mine, I actually found myself in tears as I watched the sad, sad story of the King of Pop.

As I said, I feel awful.

RedeemedChild

kongisking said:
Damn, I feel awful about this. I used to be one of the biggest MJ bashers (and can you honestly blame me? His face!:eek: ), but now with him gone, the guilt is seriously hitting me hard. I've realized that as nutty as he was, he was still a human being entitled to the same respect and acceptance as me or you, and I treated him like a feak.

And yes, from what I've seen and heard of his past work (I wasn't around back then; only seventeen, remember?), he probably was an incredible talent and the most influential artist of the late twentieth century. As bad as his modern reputation has gotten, I respect his old self and his achievements. I have seen that documentary mentioned above, and I never realized how tragic and touching this man's life was.

And now, after years of being a personal favorite punch-line of mine, I actually found myself in tears as I watched the sad, sad story of the King of Pop.

As I said, I feel awful.

There is no need to beat your self up. God is understanding, merciful and forgiving. God understands you better than we do and I?m not going to beat up on you either.

I profess to be a Christian and I know good and well that I?m not perfect for I make mastakes as well and I was not to nice on Michael Jackson durning his lifetime due partly to the hateful rubbish the televisions networks were pumping out at the time.

Nevertheless I?ve repented of the errors of my ways and I have made peace with God and the whole Michael Jackson situation and I indeed miss him and hope and pray that I will meet Michael Jackson in heaven one day.

Now before someone starts saying Michael Jackson is dammed and that he will not walk through the gates of Heaven let me remind those who would start that rant that the Bible tells us as follows:

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Alright this was to heartbreaking, my whole family broke down and cried when Paris spoke to the crowd, My mom just could not take it. Its really sad to see a child crying and sad after they have lost someone so dear to them. God Bless the Jackson Family.

object>

imgad

Last edited:
Whatever happened to in lieu of flowers, donations should be made to...

Los Angeles city officials say $1.4 million was spent to provide security, traffic control and other services surrounding Michael Jackson's memorial service.
The police department said Wednesday that more than 4,000 officers worked to secure Staples Center, Forest Lawn cemetery, and other areas that attracted fans and members of the media. Their deployment cost $1.1 million in overtime pay.

What a gigantic circle jerk for this drug abusing, child rearing...(n)

Ugh, all this post-facto Jacko love is seriously disgusting. And that $1.4 million number really exemplifies everything that's wrong with this tabloid-driven society.

**** Jacko and all this lunacy surrounding his death. None of you give a **** about him, it's just trendy to pretend that you do.

Nurhachi1991

ResidentAlien said:
Ugh, all this post-facto Jacko love is seriously disgusting. And that $1.4 million number really exemplifies everything that's wrong with this tabloid-driven society.

**** Jacko and all this lunacy surrounding his death. None of you give a **** about him, it's just trendy to pretend that you do.

I disagree Resident I have liked Michael Jackson since Elementry school granted I lost interest in his later music but I was always a fan of him. The bandwagoners are the people that are just buying his cd's now people that never owned any of his merchandise.

I have most of his CD's from Off the Wall to Dangerous also I have moonwalker on sega, a beat it doll still in the package,a few posters, and captain EO on VHS with 3D glasses so I do give a **** about him his music was a big part of my childhood and his death reminded me of that

DocWhiskey

ResidentAlien said:

Hey RA, does it get lonely up there? You know, up on your pedestal?

DocWhiskey said:
Hey RA, does it get lonely up there? You know, up on your pedestal?

You want to foot the bill for some *******'s funeral?

I guarantee you there will be a major shake-up politically if the Jackson family isn't held accountable for that outrageous fee that's so far on the backs of the constituents.

DocWhiskey

Foot the bill?

The guy died. And I liked his music. So I feel we lost a great entertainer.

That's it. Not much to it.

I don't care about the whole political or financial side to all this. It's not my problem. Simple as that.

DocWhiskey said:
Foot the bill?

The guy died. And I liked his music. So I feel we lost a great entertainer.

That's it. Not much to it.

I don't care about the whole political or financial side to all this. It's not my problem. Simple as that.

No, it is your problem. And the problem of all the taxpayers. An ENTERTAINER dies and we're supposed to pay for him? No, I don't think so. And it's that detached, passive attitude that highlights the very idiocy that this country devolved into. Idiocracy for real.

DocWhiskey

Higher taxes?! You mean we're going to have to pay for someone's else's problem?!

Yeah, it's the same thing every year. What the hell can I do about it? Refuse to pay?

Should I somehow single handedly tell the world, "Hey everyone! Let's not care that Jackson died! Because our taxes will rise!"

What happens happens.

Life's unfair. I'm not going to sit around and pout about it. Because life is too short. And Jackson's death is a reminder of that.

DocWhiskey said:
Higher taxes?! You mean we're going to have to pay for someone's else's problem?!

Yeah, it's the same thing every year. What the hell can I do about it? Refuse to pay?

Should I somehow single handedly tell the world, "Hey everyone! Let's not care that Jackson died! Because our taxes will rise!"

What happens happens.

Life's unfair. I'm not going to sit around and pout about it. Because life is too short. And Jackson's death is a reminder of that.

No, Jackson's death is a reminder that any low-life piece of **** can be turned into a martyr with a little PR spin.