Band of Brothers

Major Eaton

San Holo said:
Who is your favorite character?(I think Bull was mine)

I would have to go with Winters. I mean, look at what Damian Lewis did with the character. He ran with it. And this was non-fiction! Not to mention, he got the blessing and recognition from the real-life counterpart(Richard Winters). He stands out more than anyone in the series because of Lewis. His American accent was also spot on. Everything about his portrayal and performance was top notch.
lewis011001_450x333.jpg

Matthew Settle did an excellent job with Captain Speirs too. My second favorite character. He played a very fanatical soldier to perfection. Just watch the episode "Carentan" when they dig in on the outskirts.:D
444358374_f04a9f8a14.jpg

Donnie Wahlberg as Captain Carwood Lipton. He gives a pleasantly surprising performance. Fantastic job.
tve28810-1-1365.gif

Shane Taylor as Cpl Eugene Roe (medic). The cajun medic who defied great odds to aid anyone down in his vicinity. He does an outstanding job in the series!
large_bob06-bastogne4.jpg

These are some of my favorite characters from the series. I am a huge fan. I'm sure many people here on the Raven forums have seen this great series. For anyone who has not, give it a rent. The blu ray is the supreme version for it as well. Get that instead of the DVD, if you can.:D

Montana Smith

Major Eaton said:
These are some of my favorite characters from the series. I am a huge fan. I'm sure many people here on the Raven forums have seen this great series. For anyone who has not, give it a rent. The blu ray is the supreme version for it as well. Get that instead of the DVD, if you can.:D

I concur entirely. Band of Brothers was a fantastic series. I have to settle for the DVD tin set, and it'd due for a re-watch, if I hadn't already got a mountain of new DVDs to watch!

XanaduEli

I actually cried my eyes out watching this scene in History class. It was when we were studying the holocaust earlier this year.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qk9GzQc2s6o?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qk9GzQc2s6o?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Gear

My grandfather ran away from home and joined the army when he was 16. They shipped him to England to train as a paratrooper. He graduated and made 11 jumps into the European theater. However, he told about how he had made two "secret" jumps into Germany of which the government never gave him credit for. He brought home a 1939 Nazi coin as a souvenir.

He rarely talked about the war, it was something he didn't like to remember. Knowing this, I never asked him about it, but I listened when he told stories, mostly of mischievous trouble.

Everyone's are important stories, they teach a lot about life. When they're gone and forgotten, something's wrong.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The Pacific

I finally watched the two Spielberg / Hanks miniseries on HBO Now. Really excellent. The surviving Marines featured in The Pacific are pretty much all gone now, including one from my hometown the credits said was still alive. I suppose the same is true for Band of Brothers. Snafu played by Rami Malek from Mr. Robot was a highlight. Here's someone who knew Merriell "Snafu" Shelton.
His younger son and I played baseball together in the summer leagues. We?d see Snafu at the games, but he kept to himself. He was short and stocky, and had a hard, hard face. He smoked filterless cigarettes, I remember that, and that he loved to gamble. But mostly, he was this distant, mysterious man.