Just Talked to Karen Allen about Indy 5!!!

indyclone25

you guys must have been at the 930 showing we got there at the 7pm showing and got to meet her also --- wasnt she great !!!!!!

She was extremely nice and so sweet!! We had a great time...We went to the 7:00 Raider's and after the movie, we went straight to her. She was sitting all by herself...I kinda felt bad, but was happy cause she took so much time with us(y)

I saw you and your son in full Indy gear!! You guys looked so cool in your get-up...I was thinking of doing the same, but I could imagine how warm you might have felt inside the theater.

Anyways, I am still in shock that I got to meet my favorite actress!

Robyn

Thanks for posting this!!:hat: She's one of my all time favorite actresses too!:cool: I don't care what anyone says, I just know she's gonna have a big part in Indy 5!:)

NickTurner

Robyn said:
Thanks for posting this!!:hat: She's one of my all time favorite actresses too!:cool: I don't care what anyone says, I just know she's gonna have a big part in Indy 5!:)

Hope so! Def under used in CS.

tastethecourage

Awesome!

I think it's time to officially open up an Indy 5 forum. So many articles, so much speculation, and so much direct info from Harrison (and now Karen Allen).

The script is being written now. This is terrific news. Let us pray that maybe Kasdan is working on it, or at least that it's not a clunker and gets shot down.

Fingers crossed!

Johnny Nys

Now that's one cool video. I actually got a bit emotional, seeing her sitting there, thinking what a shame it was she didn't get the chance to make something more of her character in Skull as she did in Raiders.

Robyn

Indyfan4ever said:
^^ Oh ya...she is a wonderful actress....or as she likes to call herself, actor (y) She just needs a better screenplay to work with...

That's just what I've been saying!:) All Karen needs is someone who knows how to write Marion!(Kasdan!) A big part for Karen is one of my biggest hopes for Indy 5!! But like I said it's so good to hear others on this board feel the same way! :hat:

If anyone is interested, I also met Richard Dreyfuss, from JAWS and Close Encounters, a week before!:whip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC25XgKl4wE

Awesome! Thanks for the link, wish I could have been to that one too!

vf wing

I hope she isn't sidelined in 5 either, although I can see where some had a problem with Indy's huge entourage in Skull. I'm curious to see how it all gets worked out!

Karen Allen 'certainly' ready for more Indiana Jones

Still, she's game for playing Marion one more time if the long-rumored fifth Indiana Jones movie comes to fruition and Ford, now 70, brushes the dust off the old fedora and trademark whip.

According to Allen, it's all on George Lucas' shoulders.

"If he comes up with a story and if he wants to go forward and do another one, Steven says he's completely on board and wants to do it," said Allen, who turns 61 next month. "I certainly would want to do it, and I know Harrison would love to do it.

"We just have to wait for George to get his act together."

Last edited by a moderator:

Kernunnos

Rocket Surgeon said:
Ah! NEW same old, same old!

;)

I suppose NEW same old, same olds are preferable to a definite "No, we will NEVER make another Indy movie. It's all DEFINITELY over."

Goodeknight

Kernunnos said:
"We just have to wait for George to get his act together."

Given aliens and crystal skulls were George's idea, I don't know if the world, Harrison Ford, or the space between spaces has that much time to spare.

I think they ought to be saying, "We're waiting until George isn't looking. Then we're going to make a real Indiana Jones movie." That'd be a quotable quote. Almost as quotable as Spielberg saying, in essence, 'George thought of the aliens thing decades ago and we all thought it was lame. But we couldn't come up with anything better, so we just went with that.' (Of course I'm paraphrasing, but only a bit.)

goodeknight said:
Given aliens and crystal skulls were George's idea, I don't know if the world, Harrison Ford, or the space between spaces has that much time to spare.

I think they ought to be saying, "We're waiting until George isn't looking. Then we're going to make a real Indiana Jones movie." That'd be a quotable quote. Almost as quotable as Spielberg saying, in essence, 'George thought of the aliens thing decades ago and we all thought it was lame. But we couldn't come up with anything better, so we just went with that.' (Of course I'm paraphrasing, but only a bit.)

Kernunnos said:
I suppose NEW same old, same olds are preferable to a definite "No, we will NEVER make another Indy movie. It's all DEFINITELY over."

I hope they don't leave us hanging on to the cliff untill they wring every last dollar out of every other possiblility.

Maybe, just maybe, IMAX, the Marathon, etc. is serving as a test to see how extensively they poisoned the waters of good will with that Crystal Skull...

Jesus! Get out there any buy folks! Beg, borrow and steal!! :sick: