Votes: 3 7.0%
  • The Last Crusade

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters

Dr.Jonesy

Last Crusade.

It's very...comedic and butchered Sallah/Marcus. It's also too action-light and feels a bit empty as a whole.

Temple of Doom and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull aren't really overrated. They're both a bit underrated. I mean sure they're Indy films and well liked but don't get the love Crusade or ROTLA get.

But to me, Crusade is only loved because Sean Connery made people laugh in the movie.

Temple Raider

Dr.Jonesy said:
Last Crusade.

It's very...comedic and butchered Sallah/Marcus. It's also too action-light and feels a bit empty as a whole.

Those are some of my problems with it as well. Seeing Sallah and Marcus reduced to bumbling and silly comic relief still doesn't sit well with me when I watch the movie, and their inclusion still feels pretty useless.

Dr.Jonesy

Djd1 said:
Whether you go by reviews, general public perception or the majority of Indy fans - then yes. Most of us ;)

Ahh...so you're going to play the whole 'Everyone hated the last Indy card but you' huh? This means war...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From TheRaven Forum;

Who Likes KOTCS? - Likes - 118 - - 81.94%
Dislikes - 26 - - 18.06%

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=19049&page=7

This video is very, very telling...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKeqD8w2fb0

Not to mention on places such as KOTCS' Facebook and Myspace you've got tons of positive reviews/comments. Even on places such as 'TheForce.net'.

-Entertainment Weekly Review A-

-Yahoo! Movies Score by Users - B

-NY Times Review- A

-Billboard Review- B

-Saturday Evening Post- A (This is the Indiana Jones you've been waiting for)

-RottenTomatoes Score; 77% (A very good score, mind you.)

-Saturday Evening Post- A (Quoted as saying; "This is the Indiana Jones you've been waiting for!")

-Top 3 DVD sales of 2008

-BoxOfficeMojo Surveys; 41% gave it an A, 37% a B. Compared to Temple of Doom's 37% A ratings, with each film having the same number of votes, relatively.

-CinemaScore= B+ average from surveys taken

-Featured on Empire Magazine's Top 500 Films of All Time; as voted for by readers and EmpireOnline users.

-Comcast Cable Guide Score 3 stars/4; same as other sequels and based on viewer votes.

-Most watched film on Cable in 2010; "?Crystal Skull? was the year?s most watched cable theatrical among P25-54 (2.29 million) and the year?s most watched live-action theatrical among P18-49 (2.18 million), total viewers (4.70 million) and households (3.28 million). It was also USA?s most watched movie since 2008 among P25-54, P18-49, total viewers and households, and since 2009 in P18-34."
Link; http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/1 ... 010/75796/

-"NBC Movie Of The Week" Sunday 9/04/11

-http://www.empireonline.com/500/8.asp

"The film received mostly positive reviews. Rotten Tomatoes reported that 77% of critics gave the film positive reviews, based on 246 reviews. The consensus was: "Though the plot elements are certainly familiar, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull still delivers the thrills and Harrison Ford's return in the title role is more than welcome."[110] Metacritic reported the film had a score of 65 out of 100, indicating "generally favorable reviews," based on 40 critics' reviews.[111] Yahoo! estimated an average rating of B from 15 reviews.[112] A CinemaScore survey conducted during its opening weekend indicated a general "B" rating.[113]

Roger Ebert gave the film 3.5 stars out of 4, a rating he also gave to The Last Crusade. Ebert argued that the only critical criterion for judging the latest film was comparing it to the previous three. He found it "same old, same old," but that was what "I want it to be."[114] Leonard Maltin also gave the film 3 1/2 stars out of 4, though he had only given 2 stars to Temple of Doom and 2 1/2 to Last Crusade. "After a 19-year hiatus," Maltin wrote, "Indy returns with the same brand of high adventure that marked the original Raiders of the Lost Ark."[115]

The film was nominated for Best Action Movie at the 2009 Critics' Choice Awards.[116] The Visual Effects Society nominated it for Best Single Visual Effect of the Year (the valley destruction), Best Outstanding Matte Paintings, Best Models and Miniatures, and Best Created Environment in a Feature Motion Picture (the inside of the temple).[117] The film ranks 453rd on Empire's 2008 list of the 500 greatest movies of all time.[118] At the 51st Grammy Awards, John Williams won an award for the Mutt Williams theme.[119] It was nominated at the Saturn Awards for Best Science Fiction Film, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Costumes and Best Special Effects. It won Best Costumes.[120]"

Check out the comments on here; http://www.myspace.com/indianajones/comments

What does the film have against it other than a Razzie (which the Shining was awarded) and South Park? Exactly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got more if you want! But don't try and tell me I'm in some minority because I happen to love KOTCS. I got the same flack for TOD for years. KOTCS was very positively received and rated highly thank you very much! Hate the film and be lukewarm about LC all you want, but both these films were positively received and are loved, LC obviously moreso.

Long live Indy, guys!
:hat:

Brooke Logan

I don't think any were over-rated. Except maybe Kingdom, but I don't know how well it is rated among the others so I don't know if I could say it got over-rated.

I think the rest of them deserve any praise they got and then some. If anything I'd say Temple and Crusade are under-rated.

Temple Raider

Considering TOD and KOTCS both get a lot of negativity and neither has ever gotten the praises of ROTLA and TLC, both definitely count as underrated.

Djd1

If you can draw any conclusions from this poll (and I think it's difficult due to the slightly ambiguous question), it seems to be that there's a section of fans who don't think LC is actually that good. Perhaps the question should have been do you think either Raiders or Last Crusade are overrated? Simply because, generally speaking these are the two most popular films with the fans. If this were the question it's fairly obvious that not many of us would think Raiders overrated but quite a few think LC overrated. If you asked what was your least favourite film you'd get a completely different answer to what this poll shows as far more would vote for CS or maybe ToD

mikieson

Djd1 said:
If you can draw any conclusions from this poll (and I think it's difficult due to the slightly ambiguous question), it seems to be that there's a section of fans who don't think LC is actually that good. Perhaps the question should have been do you think either Raiders or Last Crusade are overrated? Simply because, generally speaking these are the two most popular films with the fans. If this were the question it's fairly obvious that not many of us would think Raiders overrated but quite a few think LC overrated. If you asked what was your least favourite film you'd get a completely different answer to what this poll shows as far more would vote for CS or maybe ToD

Actually I think most people are voting their "most overrated IJ movie" like they would vote "whats your least favorite"..they are combining the 2 questions "I THINK" into this poll..
Not sure how you can get a proper count on either questions as its mostly going to end up being..."well, I just dont like this one"..
As for me...all 4 films are great. Nothing can top the first one just because i was out first look into Indys world. BUT all the movies get a 10/10 for me. They all accomplish what they sat out to do..ENTERTAIN..

Djd1

I think the vote is probably split between those who are trying to answer the question posed and those who are simply voting for the least favourite. I voted LC because I consider it over rated. If I were to vote least favourite I'd vote CS by a distance. Maybe it was just me who struggled with the question

Montana Smith

mikieson said:
BUT all the movies get a 10/10 for me. They all accomplish what they sat out to do..ENTERTAIN..

KOTCS did not entertain. It's anti-tainment. It's alleged that the Chinese Government use it instead of Chinese water torture and they're getting excellent results. :p

mikieson

Montana Smith said:
KOTCS did not entertain. It's anti-tainment. It's alleged that the Chinese Government use it instead of Chinese water torture and they're getting excellent results. :p
so....you saying that I wasnt entertained by KOTCS? OR that probably a few million other people werent? I think its only a select few harsh critics that have anything really horrible to say. AND even if the movie had come off as well as ROTLA people would have still complained because thats what people do best. just my opinion on it..

Montana Smith

mikieson said:
so....you saying that I wasnt entertained by KOTCS? OR that probably a few million other people werent? I think its only a select few harsh critics that have anything really horrible to say. AND even if the movie had come off as well as ROTLA people would have still complained because thats what people do best. just my opinion on it..

I was not entertained.

I was bored by most of it.

Hence I found it anti-tainment.

mikieson

Montana Smith said:
I was not entertained.

I was bored by most of it.

Hence I found it anti-tainment.
bored? OR came into it wishing for a 30 year old HF? Times change. AND for a nearly 70 year old HF and taking a chance of introducing new characters and bringing back old ones and giving Indy a son I feel they pulled off a pretty good movie.

I can say I hate the jungle swinging scene,but thats it.AND it only lasts what,a total of 5 seconds?.... Boring? I cant find anything boring about the movie lol..
I can see lots of people hounding Shia,SS and GL for no reason though. They pulled off a good movie and tried to make it the same and at the same time something a little edgy.
I bet if you replaced Shia with another actor...Took out the alien vibe..Took out the jungle swinging and let Indy use his gun people would feel different?

Montana Smith

mikieson said:
bored? OR came into it wishing for a 30 year old HF? Times change. AND for a nearly 70 year old HF and taking a chance of introducing new characters and bringing back old ones and giving Indy a son I feel they pulled off a pretty good movie.

I can say I hate the jungle swinging scene,but thats it.AND it only lasts what,a total of 5 seconds?.... Boring? I cant find anything boring about the movie lol..
I can see lots of people hounding Shia,SS and GL for no reason though. They pulled off a good movie and tried to make it the same and at the same time something a little edgy.
I bet if you replaced Shia with another actor...Took out the alien vibe..Took out the jungle swinging and let Indy use his gun people would feel different?

After the fridge it was dull. Lame characters. Lame jokes. Nothing of substance to keep the attention.

It's a film I wasn't bothered about seeing. As I've recounted before, I only saw it because there was a cheap DVD on a table in front of me.

It was a meh experience. It was Indy. It exists. It was poorly constructed. It was one too many Indy movies.

I've seen it three times. Twice on DVD, once on blu-ray. I have no inclination to see it again. KOTCS is elevator music for the eyes and ears.

mikieson

Montana Smith said:
After the fridge it was dull. Lame characters. Lame jokes. Nothing of substance to keep the attention.

It's a film I wasn't bothered about seeing. As I've recounted before, I only saw it because there was a cheap DVD on a table in front of me.

It was a meh experience. It was Indy. It exists. It was poorly constructed. It was one too many Indy movies.

I've seen it three times. Twice on DVD, once on blu-ray. I have no inclination to see it again. KOTCS is elevator music for the eyes and ears.
Man...im sorry to hear that. In case you have the movie on Bluray I'll take it since you dont care for it. I love it..

Djd1

I was desperate to see it and desperate to like it but I too was bored. After they got to south America it got really bad. I didn't think there was a single scene that worked. I don't mind what age ford is. It's all down to a decent script and I don't think they had one. An aged Eastwood or Connery were compelling and Ford could be too with the right material. I'm glad you liked it though.

Montana Smith

mikieson said:
Man...im sorry to hear that. In case you have the movie on Bluray I'll take it since you dont care for it. I love it..

There was no discernible improvement with the Blu-ray over the DVD in any department. It was the first Blu I picked up, primarily to test it against the quality of the DVD.

To be truthful I only made it half way through before I couldn't take any more - so I've only watched KOTCS two-and-a-half times.

The best movie of 2008 featuring Indy's Ark was undoubtedly Doomsday. Now that's entertainment. (y)