Ancient aliens

Gabeed

Well, he does get a bit weird later on. I don't know what to think of his Nephilim stuff (never have really looked into Bible apocrypha that deeply), but I will say that, regarding the worldwide flood myths, this is an interesting feature to consider: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burckle_crater

And Stoo, you're completely right in pointing out the narrator's over-reliance on the literal Bible passages, when the Bible's reliability as a historical work itself is in question. There's a great TV program, I think done by Nova a couple years back, which discusses the problems of biblical archaeology, in particular with trying to discover the vaunted City of David, and seeing that the Bible just doesn't mesh well with the archaeological evidence. Some biblical events do fit with the historical narrative, and in fact I did some archaeological work for a brief time at a site where a biblical battle possibly took place (now sadly abandoned to the chaos of the civil war in Syria), but these are limited.

Last edited:

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
Why waste three hours debunking ancient aliens when Däniken and Tsoukalos already did a pretty good job of that all on their own?
Montana Smith said:
Sounds like the debunker did a Däniken and shot himself in the foot.
No, man. It's good. Watch it. (Just concentrate on the facts & put the Biblical stuff aside. You should be able to enjoy it that way.):p
Gabeed said:
Well, he does get a bit weird later on. I don't know what to think of his Nephilim stuff (never have really looked into Bible apocrypha that deeply), but I will say that, regarding the worldwide flood myths, this is an interesting feature to consider: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burckle_crater

And Stoo, you're completely right in pointing out the narrator's over-reliance on the literal Bible passages, when the Bible's reliability as a historical work itself is in question. There's a great TV program, I think done by Nova a couple years back, which discusses the problems of biblical archaeology, in particular with trying to discover the vaunted City of David, and seeing that the Bible just doesn't mesh well with the archaeological evidence. Some biblical events do fit with the historical narrative, and in fact I did some archaeological work for a brief time at a site where a biblical battle possibly took place (now sadly abandoned to the chaos of the civil war in Syria), but these are limited.
Very cool that you did some work on a Syrian dig, Gabeed, and I would love to see that "NOVA" episode. It was always a quality program.

Discussing this 'debunking video' is a sticky wicket. Most of it is straight-forward, factual debunking but it does venture into religious silliness (Christian or otherwise).

G_d must be some type of higher being but I've never received a logical explanation for this:
How can a woman become pregnant through her ear?:confused:

Answer = Aliens.:p

The documentary attempts to explain that it's not an alien but G_d. What's the difference?:confused:

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
No, man. It's good. Watch it. (Just concentrate on the facts & put the Biblical stuff aside. You should be able to enjoy it that way.):p

Discussing this 'debunking video' is a sticky wicket. Most of it is straight-forward, factual debunking but it does venture into religious silliness (Christian or otherwise).

That's it, though isn't it? He was only debunking the aliens because he had another agenda. It was a conflict of false histories.

Stoo said:
G_d must be some type of higher being but I've never received a logical explanation for this:
How can a woman become pregnant through her ear?:confused:

Answer = Aliens.:p

Sounds more like Family Guy.

earsex.jpg

Stoo said:
The documentary attempts to explain that it's not an alien but G_d. What's the difference?:confused:

It's a political difference. It shifts the balance of power. Puts a spanner in the works.

The suicide bomber no longer goes to heaven, but serves E.T.'s ulterior motives. :p

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
That's it, though isn't it? He was only debunking the aliens because he had another agenda. It was a conflict of false histories.
Have you watched it?:confused: Be honest, now, Smiffy! The guy makes it clear that he was a once an Ancient Alien BELIEVER. (You'll probably make jokes about him having some epiphany that changed his mind even though he presents some very good information.)

NOTE: This documentary is not a vehicle for promoting Christianity nor Hinduism (nor any other religion).
Montana Smith said:
It's a political difference. It shifts the balance of power. Puts a spanner in the works.
The only REAL difference between the two is the NAME.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Have you watched it?:confused: Be honest, now, Smiffy!

No, and I don't intend to.

I was just commenting on the comments made about this commentary.

Stoo said:
The only REAL difference between the two is the NAME.

If only people really believed that were the case.

Zeus, Jupiter, Odin, Shiva, Jabba the Hutt.

Montana Smith

Mickiana said:
A kind of Nephilim of snails!

How very dare you!

Don't you believe the truth imparted by the prophet George Lucas, whose words were recorded for us by St. Alan, Dean of Foster? :confused:

biggrin.gif

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Mickiana said:
I tend towards the sacrilegious.:hat:

So you don't think this ancient alien is a god?

jabba_the_hutt_han_solo_star_wars.jpg

Oh, wait.

By Odin's toothbrush, what is that monstrosity?

Looks like the Word of George isn't set in stone. Now I don't know what to believe. :confused:

"Sacrilegious" you say?

Sounds fine to me! :hat:

Mickiana

Jabba is big, he has powers - he can resist a Jedi's influence - and apparently he'd like to mate with a humanoid woman - an issue in the Ancient Aliens Debunkation movie - but he ended up being just an overfed slug done in by a slip of a princess in an alloy swimsuit with a bit of bike chain!

Stoo

Mickiana said:
I tend towards the sacrilegious.:hat:
Since they were both born via immaculate conception, would you say that Darth Vader is Jesus Christ?:p

---
I recently watched, "Prometheus", and have since been reading up on it. This quote from Ridley Scott keeps popping up:

"NASA and the Vatican agree that [it is] almost mathematically impossible that we can be where we are today without there being a little help along the way... That’s what we’re looking at [in the film], at some of Erich von Däniken’s ideas of how did we humans come about."

I know that The Vatican recently admitted that there could be the possibility of life on other planets but I've never heard any official word on the Holy Office saying anything about 'being helped' by aliens. Does anyone know what Ridley is referring to?:confused:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Since they were both born via immaculate conception, would you say that Darth Vader is Jesus Christ?:p

This was a most concerning turn of events. George is no doubt another false prophet. :p

Stoo said:
I know that The Vatican recently admitted that there could be the possibility of life on other planets but I've never heard any official word on the Holy Office saying anything about 'being helped' by aliens. Does anyone know what Ridley is referring to?:confused:

The Holy Orifice has apparently spoken.

<Fart>

Gear

Stoo said:
I've never heard any official word on the Holy Office saying anything about 'being helped' by aliens. Does anyone know what Ridley is referring to?:confused:

They do, by saying God created Humans.

Mickiana

Stoo said:

Quite unlikely in both scenarios. Reminds me of the urban legends where claims it must have happened at the public bath require sperm to swim at least metres through chlorinated water, arrive at their target and complete the rest of the journey successfully! :gun:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:

That really spins concepts like 'Original Sin' and 'Saved by Grace' into whole new territories, doesn't it.

otto rahn

Finn said:
Good catch. Apparently they're involved in the Templar conspiracy as well:

M3l0b.jpg

Scary stuff.
Hmm Quaker Oats, Templar biscuits. Those religious types are obviously controlling our minds through our food !:p

Gabeed

I just came back to lay some flowers down at the gravesite of this thread. This was a fun thread, and deserves to be remembered.

Flower-arrangement-funeral-white.jpg

I actually plan on reading some Hancock and Von Daniken when I get the chance, now that I'm back in the States and can get a library card for books written in English. Such reading will be done with a healthy amount of skepticism bordering on meta-anthropological examination of the author, I would guess. But nevertheless pseudoscience has long fascinated me, and their spokesmen perhaps even more--are they knowing, deliberating snake oil salesmen trying to make a buck? Or are they the vainglorious uneducated, perhaps with an unorthodox upbringing, who long for that Galileo feel of being set against the dark "establishment?"

time-raider

I just came back to lay some flowers down at the gravesite of this thread. This was a fun thread, and deserves to be remembered.

Flower-arrangement-funeral-white.jpg

I actually plan on reading some Hancock and Von Daniken when I get the chance, now that I'm back in the States and can get a library card for books written in English. Such reading will be done with a healthy amount of skepticism bordering on meta-anthropological examination of the author, I would guess. But nevertheless pseudoscience has long fascinated me, and their spokesmen perhaps even more--are they knowing, deliberating snake oil salesmen trying to make a buck? Or are they the vainglorious uneducated, perhaps with an unorthodox upbringing, who long for that Galileo feel of being set against the dark "establishment?"
Lol, I missed this place.