Hitler's Holy Relics by Sidney D. Kirkpatrick

WilliamBoyd8

I just read Hitler's Holy Relics by Sidney D. Kirkpatrick, published in 2010.

The book is subtitled "A True Story of Nazi Plunder and the Race to Recover the Crown Jewels
of the Holy Roman Empire".

I haven't seen it discussed here before, but it is in line with at least two of the
Indiana Jones films.

To his credit, the author does not mention Indiana Jones but the back cover descriptions do.

Kirkpatrick describes the efforts of German-born Walter Horn, a U.S. Army first lieutenant
and art historian, to locate the missing crown, orb, scepter, imperial sword, and ceremonial
sword of the Holy Roman Empire in Europe at the end of WWII.

The objects, along with the Holy Lance of Longinus (Spear of Destiny) and many other artifacts,
had been stolen by the Nazis from Austria after the Anschluss in 1938 and, conceivably,
could have been used by Nazis to motivate Germans in the creation of a Fourth Reich,
or to crown Hitler as a new Holy Roman Emperor.

There is lots of discussion about Nazi mystical beliefs and practices, especially those
involving Heinrich Himmler, the Reichsführer of the SS.

At one point Lt. Horn wonders about what would happen if Himmler met US General George Patton,
both of whom had occult interests.

At the end of the book, Lt. Horn recovers the Holy Roman Empire relics, is promoted to
Captain and given a Nazi bigwig's fancy car, and is sent to chase "Hitler's coin collection".

Supposedly Hitler's coin collection included some Roman gold coins, like this one:

post_byzantine_justinian_solidus_victory.jpg

Byzantine Justinian Solidus
Struck AD 527-537, Constantinople, 21mm, 4.43gm
Is Justinian holding the Holy Lance?

A really interesting book.

:)

AustrianGoodbye

Awesome post my friend, this has been my area of interest over the recent years. What sparked my interest was listening to friend of mine propose that Hitler wasn't killed in WWII. I researched it myself having read the study of DNA on the bones supposedly belonging to Hitler, the events of Operation Paperclip, and the CIA documents declassified that reveal the submarines that landed in Argentina. I have listened to many researchers including Joseph P. Farrell on the secrets of the Third Reich, mysteries of the occult, secret research, and the continuation of the Third Reich which could be seen as the Fourth Reich.

I'm currently reading The Secret King: Karl Maria Wiligut, Himmler's Lord of the Runes by Stephen E. Flowers. This book, ten years in the making, contains the collected occult writings of Karl Maria Wiligut, the runic initiate and shadowy ?Secret King? of Germany. His works were originally published in the rare ariosophical journals Hag All All Hag and Hagal. Heinrich Himmler --the leader of the SS and possibly the most powerful figure in the Third Reich (although I argue that Martin Bormann was the true power-head) -- commissioned Wiligut to write private reports on Runes, secret Germanic traditions, and prehistory.

I also was very intrigued by the book Heinrich Himmler's Camelot by Stephen Cook and Stuart Russell. I visited the Castle about two weeks ago after reading this book. It is about the history of the Wewelsburg Castle and Ideological Center of the SS great documentary source book on the SS with rare photos and cool collection for your private enjoyment.

Anyways thanks for the recommendation, I'm going to order this book tonight and continue my own research. :D

otto rahn

I've just read "Hitler's Occult War" by Michael Fitzgerald. Too much of it is derivative for my taste, he seems to have taken one part "Occult Reich" by J H Brennan, One Part "The Spear Of Destiny" by Trevor Ravenscroft, added a touch of "Satan And The Swastika" by Francis King and a little bit of "Morning Of The Magicians" by Pauwels and Bergier, mixed them together and reheated the result.

I have not read any of the books mentioned in this thread. But they all sound very interesting.

I am also very interested in the subject of the Nazi's and their obsession with the occult.

I have recently read two books concerning the possibility that Hitler survived WWII and escaped to South America. One was kind of cheesy, but the other was very well researched.

Fascinating subject. Right now I'm kind of sitting on the fence. I think there is an equal amount of evidence to support either theory; that Hitler survived and escaped, or that he died in the bunker.

But as for the subject of Nazi occultism. Very interesting. Raiders of the Lost Ark is fiction, but is it too far from the truth?

The 1930's was a fascinating decade. There WERE actually teams of Nazi Archaeologists combing the world. For real! It's thanks to them that we today have ...Indiana Jones!

AustrianGoodbye

Smalldog said:
I have not read any of the books mentioned in this thread. But they all sound very interesting.

I am also very interested in the subject of the Nazi's and their obsession with the occult.

I have recently read two books concerning the possibility that Hitler survived WWII and escaped to South America. One was kind of cheesy, but the other was very well researched.

Fascinating subject. Right now I'm kind of sitting on the fence. I think there is an equal amount of evidence to support either theory; that Hitler survived and escaped, or that he died in the bunker.

But as for the subject of Nazi occultism. Very interesting. Raiders of the Lost Ark is fiction, but is it too far from the truth?

The 1930's was a fascinating decade. There WERE actually teams of Nazi Archaeologists combing the world. For real! It's thanks to them that we today have ...Indiana Jones!

It's not very far off at all, in fact I believe the team that went looking for spear of destiny was successful but the team was captured and executed by enemy soldiers.

As for the books you read on Hitler in Argentina which ones did you read? (both good and bad)

Did you read the one by Harry Cooper's Sharkhunters?

WilliamBoyd8

Like a bad penny (or bad solidus) the Holy Lance of Longinus (Spear of Destiny) has come back to haunt Indiana Jones.

:)