Indiana Jones Omnibus: The Further Adventures Volume 2

michael

phantom train said:
The "Temple of Doom" 3-part adaptation was great. Excellent covers, especially #1 with Indiana Jones w/tux in the foreground.

I love that cover! It illuminates such suspense!

phantom train

Glad to see others are enjoying these reprints as much as I did.

I wanted to also add that I was looking over the volume again, and noticed (for the first time) that Michael Golden ALSO did the cover art for #23 - Excellent!

Stoo

Hey, phantom train, you'll be also happy to know that Golden did the cover for #25, as well.:D

phantom train

Stoo said:
Hey, phantom train, you'll be also happy to know that Golden did the cover for #25, as well.:D

Thanks very much for the info. I had read "Furthur Adventures of Indiana Jones" off and on in the '80's, but by the time the 20's issues came out I had stopped following the comic - so, I hadn't realized he did these covers. Looking forward to Volume 3 so I can see this.

Peru1936

I got my copy for Christmas. I've read the first two stories already. "Deadly Rocks!" is quite good. "Demons" is terrible. Looking forward to the rest.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
When they burst into her bedroom, Willie says something kinky that's not in any version of the script. Can someone provide an image or quote...?

Peru1936

Moedred said:
When they burst into her bedroom, Willie says something kinky that's not in any version of the script. Can someone provide an image or quote...?

Indy and Shorty come into her room together after Indy disposes of the thug(gee) in his and Shorty's room and Wille says:

"Well, Dr Jones, you're a little late, but I guess I can forgive --
{next frame} "Hey! Wh-what's the kid doing here?! Look, I'm as liberal as the next gal, but--"

"Check the baseboards, Shorty!"

I just finished reading the omnibus last night. It was quite good. It has a couple stinkers ("Demons" being the worst; what a terribly put together story), but I think it's generally better than the first further adventures omnibus.

phantom train said:
I wanted to also add that I was looking over the volume again, and noticed (for the first time) that Michael Golden ALSO did the cover art for #23 - Excellent!

That is a great cover, isn't it?(y) I recall being quite impressed with that story's concept, but not so much the execution, so 13 year-old me scribbled out a "rewrite" of the tale! I wish I had it now just to have a reminder of how much worse my version was! :D

phantom train said:
I had read "Further Adventures of Indiana Jones" off and on in the '80's, but by the time the 20's issues came out I had stopped following the comic - so, I hadn't realized he did these covers. Looking forward to Volume 3 so I can see this.

Your experience mirrors my own. Issue #24 was the last one I bought back then. I guess we're about the same age (I'll be 39 in August).

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
0002y79c

There are only 2 ways to interpret Willie's suspicions, and with the better one, Shorty likes to watch. This is even worse than rearranging the dialogue in Raiders to suggest Marion was getting a periscope ride of her own.
0002zr4y

Last edited:

Stoo

Moedred said:
There are only 2 ways to interpret Willie's suspicions, and with the better one, Shorty likes to watch.
Personally, I never noticed this panel until you brought attention to it and it's pretty shocking to see in a comic of that time. The other interpretation, the ménage-a-trois, is downright INSANE!:eek::eek::eek: One could elaborate on why Willie would have those suspicions but...EEESH!
Moedred said:
This is even worse than rearranging the dialogue in Raiders to suggest Marion was getting a periscope ride of her own.
As Shorty would say, "Very funny!".:) It's also worse than Indy sleeping with a 15-year-old-Marion.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
Personally, I never noticed this panel until you brought attention to it and it's pretty shocking to see in a comic of that time. The other interpretation, the ménage-a-trois, is downright INSANE!:eek::eek::eek: One could elaborate on why Willie would have those suspicions but...EEESH!

Anything goes in 1935 Shanghai.:p I didn't miss that panel. I thought it was a little weird, and maybe Willie especially in hysterics, becomes even more illogical in her thinking.

Moedred said:
This is even worse than rearranging the dialogue in Raiders to suggest Marion was getting a periscope ride of her own.

You know, I totally missed that one. Though I could interpret that as she refused to be bedded by Belloq and just wasn't talking to him. The question is would it be in Belloq's character to be a gentleman to Marion or would he just rape her?