Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters

Grant Lutjens

I voted LC. Although i havent seen Raiders... SO far LC GREATLY outclassed TOD to me. I personaly didnt care for TOD. Lighter,more relaxed i like better.
So i can pretty much guess i will like LC better than Raiders.
I mean no offence. TOD was pretty good. But LC was WAY better.
P.S. Although i like LC the best my favorite scene so far is where he cuts that rope bridge in TOD.... lol. What a nutcase :D (Smart nutcase))

XMarksTheSpot

Although I love them all, I voted for LC. I just love that movie. Sean Connery was great, I love that River Phoenix was in it at the beginning. And too the fact that the first real exciting action sequence took place in Italy was wonderful.

The chemistry between father and son was just unforgettable as well. :D

indy fan

Raiders!!!

Raiders of the Lost Ark is not just the best Indiana Jones movie but the greatest movies to ever be made. Millions will probably disagree with me but I seriosly doubt that I will ever see a better movie than Raiders unless it is Indy V. The Last Crusades and the Temple of Doom were also two of the greatest movies to ever be made (yes, even better than Star Wars) although I am a big fan of Star Wars.

AndyLGR

My favourite is Raiders.

I have fond memories of the film. When we had our first video player at home in 83 or 84 I think, this was one of the first films my dad rented for us to watch. I couldn;t get enough of this film and still can;t I suppose, its exciting, funny, action-packed, great characters - everything you could want from a movie I guess.

A good test of a movie is if you could watch it one at any point and get hooked striaght away. Raiders is one of those films, you could jump in at any point if its on TV and be hooked immediately.

Harrison Ford seems born to play Indiana Jones, its a career defining performance and despite how many other great films he's been involved in, this will be his Casablanca, his Godfather, his Spartacus, his Ben Hurr. The film will be timeless, its that good.

LC was another great film and proved that there was still a lot of life in the franchise at that time, they nearly managed to re-create the magic of Raiders.

TOD although a good film, is a little too dark, but a great foil for the other 2 as it shows a different side to the chracter. I suppose it could be compared in tone to The Empire Strikes Back after Star Wars.

IAdventurer01

Personally, I like Last Crusade the best. However, I couldn't agree more about Raiders being the defining film, the one least likely to fall into obscurity 50 years down the road. Raiders is that classic film, Last Crusade simply expands upon it.

Ancary

My fave would be Last Crusade too. I like a lot the plot, the continuity btw the young Indiana (spiders, the cross...the hat) and the actual Indiana we know, and the constact interaction btw Indiana and his father. I´ve enjoyed the trilogy a lot, but being difficult to choose, my vote has to go to LC :)

Dr.Sartorius

Right now Raiders is my favorite. Sometimes Last Crusade is (not very often). Temple of Doom was my favorite for a long time. That one influenced me the most when I was younger.

The Whip

Raiders, its not even close. The other two are great popcorn flicks, but Raiders is a true classic. The characters are more complicated and interesting, the casting was better than the others, and there was a real reverence and sense of awe for the ark that was missing from the other pursuits. The story moves better than the others, the editing and pacing is spot on.

One of the things Speilberg is a master of is including details that sell the story... I love the details in Raiders. The way the date squishes in Sallah's hand... Indy bending the Mercedes hood ornament as he falls under the truck... drunk Indy's shirt being untucked as he runs around the markets of Cairo... the way Indy's voice trails off: "son of a bi....

Raiders has the best imagery its almost poetic. (The back lit shot of the diggers on top of the well of the souls at sunset for starters). Its never silly, it never wanders. Its tight, lean, every shot has a job to do.

Raiders is my favorite movie of all time the other two just don't come close (as good as they are.)

Shortie

1. Last Crusade. The story, action & comedy was great.
2. Temple of Doom- Short Round was the best new character in this movie.
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark- Only because I've seen this one a bunchof times.:)

berelain19

Hi! I'm new! I voted Raiders! But it's very closely followed by Crusade!
These movies are my favourite of all movies and I know them by heart.
I chose Raiders because it's the first and I like the simplicity of the story.
Nowadays,movies are drowned by their multiple plots and characters.

Vendetta08

Raiders and Crusade were both great. Temple, IMO, it lacked the greatness from the first and third. I much prefer it when they're being chased by Nazis and looking for a religious artifact rather than infiltrating a cult Indian temple. I liked having small bits of mystical things happen in the first and last, but the second just went too far, an Indian who can rip people's hearts out, voodoo dolls, etc. Also, it wasn't Globe trotting at all. The went from Shanghi to India, those were the only two places they went in the entire film. I believe Spielberg and Lucas noticed that ToD wasn't as good as Raiders so they went back to the Raiders formula for the third. Also notice how Raiders and Crusade both made more than Temple in it's box office run. But for an up, I really loved the opening scene of Temple of Doom. I'm not sure but I think it was an homage to James Bond(the tux and margarita).

LVskywalker

well, i love every single Indy movie, but i think Raiders is my favorite. I don't know why, i guess it is because i like the whole ark story. (y)

P.S.: My first post on this board... :whip: