Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters
After numerous arguments, biases and debates, the jury is still out. Which Indy film is, unequivocally, the best? You must choose, but choose wisely. :hat:

Darth Vile

I'll wait until Thursday to vote... but it may take at least 12 months (and several viewings) before I can really determine how I feel about KOTCS after having circa 30 years of reflection on the other three.

Fish1941

No matter what choice we make, it's all subjective. One might as well just ask which is your favorite INDY movie.

Fish1941 said:
No matter what choice we make, it's all subjective. One might as well just ask which is your favorite INDY movie.

And that is very true, which is why we have been discussing personal biases and preferences and how they influence subjective opinions and perceptions but, as with any poll, the objective is to collate data to compare the responses against the results.

HebrewsThought

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but Last Crusade is currently my favourite film. Raiders and it may eventually trade off, but for now it's Crusade.

Let's hope Kingdom is at least better than Temple. I'll tell you after midnight tomorrow night.(y)

QBComics

Thursday, I will cast my vote. Right now it's ROTLA, but KOTCS may win my 2nd fav. LC & TOD are tied to me.

The_Raiders

Yeah, I don't think you can decide which one is the best, becasue everyone likes different films better then others. I for one think ROTLA is the best, others don't, no big deal, and I think KOTCS may take my place as favorite, for other it won't, that's it. :hat:

oki9Sedo

Attila the Professor said:
Isn't this question a bit premature?

Its about a year or two premature, I think. It will take months or maybe a year for people to come to a final decision on what the film is like. Initially people's perceptions of the film's quality will be blinded by the fact that its brand new and fresh.

oki9Sedo said:
Its about a year or two premature, I think. It will take months or maybe a year for people to come to a final decision on what the film is like. Initially people's perceptions of the film's quality will be blinded by the fact that its brand new and fresh.

For some but I think most will know once they've seen it which one is the best.

oki9Sedo

Agent Spalko said:
For some but I think most will know once they've seen it which one is the best.

No, the reverse. People's ability to assess the quality of the film itself will be tainted due to their inability to set aside the novelty factor of seeing a brand new Indiana Jones film.

As of right now it is Last Crusade followed closely by Raiders and then Temple of Doom. However I will have to wait about 36 hours to vote; after I have seen Kingdom of the Crystal Skull which I have high hopes for :).

Kooshmeister

Rats, no "all of them" option. I think they each have their strengths and weaknesses and my opinion of "which one is the best" changes from time to time. :D

Kooshmeister said:
Rats, no "all of them" option. I think they each have their strengths and weaknesses and my opinion of "which one is the best" changes from time to time. :D

That's why you will have to "choose wisely." :D

SPECTER

"If you eat four pounds of sausage, how do you choose which pound tasted the best? Well, the first one, of course," this sums it up for me, there all great but having to choose Raiders is best.