My Old Indy Jacket

kevblee

Hey guys, got an Indy Jacket that's about 22 years old....was wondering if the pecards leather conditioner is ok to put on it...it's lightened in color....and is rather "stiff" in places. Some of the more concealed areas of the leather...that was never really exposed to light is still pretty dark. Will the pecards help to darken the jacket any? Thoughts, thanks!

Team Indy

I don't know about "pecards" (did you mean "pockets"?), but how about you show us your pics of the jacket and anything else you may have picked up along the way?

InexorableTash

As a fan of Pecards-brand leather conditioner, I say "go for it". It will darken the leather somewhat but only temporarily, unless you leave it in the sun.

Goodeknight

Yes, it will darken it. If it's that old, and "stiff" in some places, then it's probably extremely dry. And usually when leather dries out it lightens. Adding Peccards will bring the color back considerably. Not back to original, but probably even better than original. Good an "aged."

How does it fit? (I'm assuming you're not the original owner, unless you discovered it packed away in a forgotten box or something.)

kevblee

Ha, no, I'm the proud original owner. I have been wearing it for 21 or so years..since it was brand new...funny thing is that I can't remember what color it was when I bought it...I just know it was never super dark...like a Todd's jacket. It always looked like more of a Last Crusade jacket....and it has shrunk a bit...cause I have not gotten fat! :whip:

It would be great to soften it up some...and darken to boot! I will use some
and see what happens! Thanks guys, :)