The Mayan Calendar and 2012

Gary2880

Thankfully i don't believe in any god or any other floaty non existant being and presume the worst thing to happen in 2012 to be the London olympics. Unless there is an unsheduled one the closest armageddon will be in 2880 (namesake) when a dirty big asteroid is due to come painfuly close to us. But i definatly wouldn't worry about the "wrath of god" (y)

Insomniac

gear guardian said:
10th. I graduate in 2010 but if I can't get all of my credits... SUPERSENIOR!! :eek: :dead:
Nice me 7th grade supposed to be in eight but started a year late... my sister is graduating at 16 because of her credits!!!:p Pretty freaky!!!

Gear

Same here. Started a year late.

I have the OPOSIT problem as your sis. :eek: !!

7th grade. Do you mean junior high?

Rayder

All of this talk of coming to an awakening has made me think of the book The Awakening, but don't read it, I thought it was terrible
Anyway, I think this Mayan calander doomsday thing is a bunch of BS. I read somewhere that they had their calanders maped into segments with so many years per segment (like a couple hundred years, or something like that) and and that 2012 was the end of one of these segments. Apparently they used the night sky to map out their calander and in 2012 our solar system somehow alines with the center of the galaxy, well I was thinking that maybe they had to wait so long to continue writing their calander because of how they read the stars to map out the calander and that they couldn't do the next one yet because of the demise of the Mayans, and so we are left with the one that ends in 2012

Gear

Yeah, sorry. I didn't have a lot of time to respond to your last post and I had a dumb moment.

"Do you mean junior high?" :rolleyes:

Oregon schooling, stupid rule #1: "No personal e-mail or web forums and games" .... guess what I'm doing right now and where :hat:

Insomniac

gear guardian said:
Yeah, sorry. I didn't have a lot of time to respond to your last post and I had a dumb moment.

"Do you mean junior high?" :rolleyes:

Oregon schooling, stupid rule #1: "No personal e-mail or web forums and games" .... guess what I'm doing right now and where :hat:
sorry about that...:eek:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rayder said:
All of this talk of coming to an awakening has made me think of the book The Awakening, but don't read it, I thought it was terrible

Yeah, I know. All that crap about trying to swim out farther and farther. Who does she think she is?

moedred is that a self portrait?

I think its fitting like a fedora that the mayan culture is included in the "Crystal Skull" film. I have said all along that I thought the 4th film would be connected to the maya and aliens. Alot of people are still upset that Indy 4 contains elements of these two subjects,but to me it seems relevant of the times. We are approaching 2012,the end date of the mayan calendar,its the perfect time to do a Indy film concerning this matter especially since an enormous amount of people believe (scholars and students alike) that the mayan gods may have been alien or interdimensional beings. I am so psyched that they chose this subject matter rather than some biblical piece again,it would have been too stagnant and redundant to pull Indy back into biblical escapades,instead now we have a film that actually pertains to our time period and the new myths we face as we approach 2012,I hope that the calendar is referred to in the film,that would be sweet. Indy is a new mythological character for our times and trials that we face as we head towards 2012.

Nurhachi1991

yeah but the myans were a bunch of godless heathans. I wouldnt believe anything they said i go by whats in the bible

The mayans had many gods,18 significant ones actually,so dont call them godless,they may not believe in the fictional god of pearly white gates but atleast they had the creativity to come up with something better than a white bearded dictator that sits on a throne in the clouds. Ive read the bible, for me its an interesting piece of fiction and thats it.

The_Raiders

Nurhachi1991 said:
yeah but the myans were a bunch of godless heathans. I wouldnt believe anything they said i go by whats in the bible

Yeah same here, I think if Jesus tarys His coming the years will pass by like always ;)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Nurhachi1991 said:
I wonder why so many people hate on the bible when its one of the only religons that makes SENSE

Kid, I defended your jacket and I reasonably explained why you shouldn't have asked about the avatar. So please be clear that I am not seeking to persecute you when I ask, as a theist myself, what justification you have for a claim that many would find offensive.

Nurhachi1991

well my friend its faith.... Im constantly hearing people say that jesus was this and that and that the bible is not true and blah blah the list goes on forever and that is all very offensive to me and to alot of other people

this subject is on the myans and the 2012 doomsday prediction

im just stating my own personal opinion about the subject just like people said there own personal opinions about my jacket and if what i sad offended you than iam sorry

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Nurhachi1991 said:
this subject is on the myans and the 2012 doomsday prediction
Good, so you know the rules about drifting off topic:
The Open Discussion forum was created for off topic threads. In this forum, you will find Hot Topic debates. Politics and Religion, as usual, tend to be the most heated topics and therefore, are heavily watched by Management.
Theological threads rise like waves occasionally, and I admit they're fun to ride. But it's best not to splash around trying to make one.

Nurhachi1991

yes i do know the rules

and like i stated before if i offended anyone than Iam sorry and i do mean that

Moedred said:
Spreadin' the news...
but see that offends me and most likely other people

what do you mean god wont be here to save us?

Last edited by a moderator:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
ninepinejones said:
moedred is that a self portrait?
I guess I should have clarified, that's not me, just some furry street lunatic I would disagree with if I could take him seriously in the slightest. I didn't take the photo either.
Nurhachi1991 said:
yes i do know the rules
Double posting is defined as posting a message in a thread twice (or more) in a row. Please use the EDIT button and edit your original post if you need to add something.

Last edited:
I really did not think that was you Moedred but I just had to make sure.
(I thought maybe for a second you were "stuck in Lodi" too long.)

Remember all who thread here that we speak here of something more than just the Maya,The Chinese and certain Native American tribes had ancient calendars that ended on 2012 also.