The Official Trailer Thread

IrishLuck1980

Can someone explain to me why when I watch a HD mov in Quicktime, everytime the screen is dark or black, I see massive digital blocks? I downloaded the 720p version. My PC can more then handle that, why is it so ****ty?

scifiwolf

Roswell.jpg

deckard24

Ok, I recorded GMA and it was crap! It was not even half the trailer, with those idiot hosts talking over it! Am I missing something or was that the GMA spot?:confused:

I then watched the Yahoo trailer, and I'm kind of speechless! Ford looks fantastic, action looks topnotch, comedy... check, music sounds great, but something feels off! Maybe I need to watch it a few more times. I think I've been so pumped for it, that I don't know quite how to process it.

Did anyone else think that it looked like there waa lot of cgi in the trailer, and that Janusz Kaminski's style was very evident?

Last edited:

DaveTheHutt

Haven't seem the trailer yet, but re. these CGI comments... get over it, people; there's no way it won't be used. It allows stunning vistas and effects at relatively low cost. In its own way its no different to the matte paintings and models used in previous films.

And does anyone think that the CGI in this film will be worse than, say, the weirdly grey-green Messerschmitt with thick black lines around it going into a tunnel in LC? Or the 'where's my razor?' matte painting in TOD? Or... you get my drift.

blueseattle

Im really not sure what I think, but I'm excited, I'm perplexed, and I'm overwhelmed. It...looks...so...new? Haha. I guess it's just been so long.

MAY 22ND!!!

sandiegojones

Wow! Looks like a fun movie!!! Can't deny the wherehouse is in Roswell (see frame at 1:26). I don't think the CGI is too obvious like some.

IrishLuck1980

I'm sorry, but this Quicktime is horrible. I'm playing the 720p version and everytime the screen switches or it's a dark scene, I can see digital blocks. Now my PC is more then capable of HD playback. This is horrible. Either I'm doing something wrong or Quicktime sucks.

OC looks normal to me.

sandiegojones

metalinvader said:
Marion????

It's Indy!

Looks like Marion to me (the color of the outfit looks more like Marion's) - the trailer is small.

Also, looks like the destination map is more 3D this time!