The Frank Darabont Script

Benraianajones

That sounds cool but I am glad they opted for Russians. I wish they'd made Spalko's death scene a bit longer and somehow included that kind of thing in to it though.

Kingsley

An alien Hitler?!

Ok...
Wedding scene?
Indy dealing with his age in a different way than Kotcs?
Marion's and Henry Sr. importance in the story?

Daring Dragoon

Yes, it ends with a wedding scene. Sallah and Henry are here as well.

Also, only a handful of people have the script. I don't want to send it out just yet. Which is why I at least want to reveal as much as I can on here.

Daring Dragoon

Wilhelm said:
What kind of character was John Hurt in that script? Harold Oxley? Einstein? Abner?

Oxley is mentioned but he is dead. The only other role I could see Hurt playing is Marion's husband.

agentsands77 said:
And DD, could you tell us about the "giant snake" sequence?

Marion and Indy are walking through the jungle. Marion keeps bringing up his relationship with Willie Scott where Indy says that last he head, she moved to Hollywood to marry some big shot director. Marion freezes in her track when a giant snake slithers down from a tree.

Indy glances back. A large JUNGLE SNAKE is slithering up behind
him. Rising calmly, he scoops the snake up, grabbing it behind
the head. It twines furiously in his grasp. She's stunned:

MARION
I can't believe you did that.

INDY
I got over my fear a long time ago.
People change, you know.
(off her look)
Relax. It's just a snake.

He tosses the snake off into the foliage, walks on as we
DISSOLVE TO:

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I'm quite sure you're making all of this stuff up.

Indy and Marion talking about Willie Scott sounds like BS. I'm not sure about the wedding. And Oxley dead? Last thing we heard was that he was in there. But ...who knows.

edit: mmmmhhh...or...not?! We've heard about another "giant snake" moment. But we've also heard that he got over his fear or something.

Benraianajones

Willie Scott and Indy in a relationship? I can't see they'd ever be in one...she was just a show girl caught up accidently in Indy's adventure, then they parted ways...?

Even if thry had a brief fling...surely Indy met a couple more people on his adventures...

Daring Dragoon

torao said:
I'm quite sure you're making all of this stuff up.

Indy and Marion talking about Willie Scott sounds like BS. I'm not sure about the wedding. And Oxley dead? Last thing we heard was that he was in there. But ...who knows.

edit: mmmmhhh...or...not?! We've heard about another "giant snake" moment. But we've also heard that he got over his fear or something.

Sorry, Oxley is alive. He was thought to be dead, but he does show up towards the end. His role is small. Barley any dialog.

Is the Indy character noticeably more bitter prior to the Marion reunion? Is the tarzan swinging scene in (though no doubt with a different character involved)? Was there any offspring of Indy at all?

And if you are making this up well done on some of the dialogue you're suggesting as it sounds very plausible - especially the one with Henry Sr early on...

Daring Dragoon

StwongBwidge said:
Is the Indy character noticeably more bitter prior to the Marion reunion? Is the tarzan swinging scene in (though no doubt with a different character involved)? Was there any offspring of Indy at all?

And if you are making this up well done on some of the dialogue you're suggesting as it sounds very plausible - especially the one with Henry Sr early on...

No, he's not really bitter. Acts exactly like he did in Raiders. There is one quick scene with Indy riding on a horse, grabs a vine and swings off the horse into a river.

And no, no Indy offspring at all.

TheLastCrusader

Daring Dragoon said:
No, he's not really bitter. Acts exactly like he did in Raiders. There is one quick scene with Indy riding on a horse, grabs a vine and swings off the horse into a river.
Sounds fantastic! I missed these kind of moments in KotCS to be honest.

The Man

Daring Dragoon said:

And no, no Indy offspring at all.

Is Marion's psychotic condition elaborated upon, or is she 'alright'?

Daring Dragoon

In another scene, Indy and Marion encounter another snake but this one is HUGE. It swallows Indy whole and slithers away. Marion and a bunch of soldiers chase after it, firing at it with guns, until Indy cuts his way out of the snakes stomach.

Later that night, while he is sleeping, a tiny snake slithers into Indy's tent and he screams. The fear of snakes is back.

MolaRam2

Daring Dragoon said:
In another scene, Indy and Marion encounter another snake but this one is HUGE. It swallows Indy whole and slithers away. Marion and a bunch of soldiers chase after it, firing at it with guns, until Indy cuts his way out of the snakes stomach.

That sounds kind of stupid. Are the CGI monkeys (swinging and attacking communists) also in Darabont's script?

I think Lucas and Spielberg forgot that they were making an Indy film and instead wanted it to be a live action version of The Jungle Book.

Daring Dragoon

MolaRam2 said:
That sounds kind of stupid. Are the CGI monkeys (swinging and attacking communists) also in Darabont's script?

I think Lucas and Spielberg forgot that they were making an Indy film and instead wanted it to be a live action version of The Jungle Book.

There is a scene with a swarm of Monkey's, but they aren't attacking the Russians.

Raiders90

Daring Dragoon said:
There is a scene with a swarm of Monkey's, but they aren't attacking the Russians.

What year does Darabont's script take place in?

Also, does the "It's not the mileage, it's the years" line find it's way into this script?