Should Tom Selleck have been Fedora in LC?

Raiders90

I remember reading that some early rumors had it that Tom Selleck was going to play the role of Fedora in LC - in a nod to his original casting as Indy and the cosmic circumstances which forced him to not be able to take the role. In retrospect, do you think the Beard should've done it for him - and would it have been cool?

High Road to China shows he could play a gruff pre-war adventurer type well, and this photo suggests he would've looked good in the 'Fedora' costume:
high_road_to_china_again.jpg

g_magnum_01.jpg

Duaner

I don't know about him playing Fedora, but I like the idea of putting Selleck in a small role in a nod to his original casting of Indy. I always had this crazy idea after watching the TV-movie "Ike: Countdown to D-Day" back in 2004, that Selleck should have played President Eisenhower in Indy 4. With the 1950s setting, it would have worked nicely. I know that's crazy, but I had that dream over a decade ago.

Tom-Selleck-as-Eisenhower.jpg

Indy McFly

I have always found the back stories of Hollywood more interesting than what actually happened. Having Tom make a cameo would be interesting. Keep in mind he may be kicking himself for turning down the role. I am glad he did, but it may be a little sore subject for him deep down. :whip:

Gear

Ironically, what if Selleck had played Forestall in a prequel to Raiders?

"A friend of yours?"

" A competitor. He was good. He was very, very good..."

Indy McFly

Gear said:
Ironically, what if Selleck had played Forestall in a prequel to Raiders?

"A friend of yours?"

" A competitor. He was good. He was very, very good..."

He would have just been a dead guy smashed up against a wall.

moon_tan

I have a very negative opinion of Tom Selleck now. I have meet him and he was in a very foul mood. He has a temper and he is violent and this happened on a set of The Closer in Southern California. He slapped an audience member in the face for something he thought was said, but he slapped the wrong person. He should not be slapping anyone for any reason at work. :gun: Tom Selleck should have been arrested that night in front of the cast and crew who were witnesses, as well as the audience members whom had already been let in.
I do watch Blue Bloods, but not because of Tom Selleck. It is a good, dramatic program for CBS and I enjoy the other actors work, but I usually will leave the room when Selleck is on and just half-listen.
So my answer is "NO". I would not have liked Tom Selleck as "Indiana Jones".
I have met Harrison Ford with Steven Spielberg briefly. Harrison was very nice and kidding with me while he was standing with Steven Spielberg.
Harrison Ford IS "Indiana Jones". (y) I'm sorry they did not make more Indiana Jones films in the 1990's.

Finn

Staff member
Raiders112390 said:
Without the mustache he'd have hit well.
One of the things you always wonder when you look at him... would he have shaved it off for the role or no?

CtvCh6y.jpg