View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #108
replican't

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetMeAtOmar's
That's the point. It's an obvious joke that seems to have gone right over your head. Ford is playing a veteran anchorman, who dyes his hair ridiculously dark for his age out of vanity ala Mike Wallace, who sported jet black hair into his eighties. I'm sure Ford's not admiring himself in the mirror between takes, thinking "Damn I look incredibly youthful!" Debate Ford's acting skills all you want, but to deride him for sporting obviously dyed hair for a role in an absurdist comedy makes you look like a clueless, unhealthily obsessed tool.

Nice - thanks for the kind language there.

Here's a heads up - I was responding to the post that said he looked like Indy again, not to the 'role' he's playing in Anchorman and how appropriate to that he appears.

This just in: if he looks like Indiana Jones in those pics, I'm a monkey's anus.

No doubt some of you more braincell-challenged members here will now chime in with comments along the lines of "Yes, you're a monkey's anus, douchebag" and other similarly witty intelligent quips. So let me save you the oxygen.
replican't is offline   Reply With Quote