Bond......................James Bond

00Kevin

Indyfan
Kumba said:
Definetly; Bond could kick Solo's @$$! Arg, those lucky bastards in Britain already have DAD! I think you should watch the movies in order, Attila. Some people may think Dr. No is boring, but it is a very good detective film, and has a very well written script. You should probably stay away from some of the Roger Moore Bond films, such as A View to a Kill, haha, I'm sure 00Kevin knows what I'm talking about! Oh, and Attila, is your cave located under Stonehenge?

hmmm

DAD DVD: yes, indeed, but look on the bright side, we MIGHT get indy 4 B4 britain :D

Dr. No: yes, a good film, really the one that turned SC into a star overnight, a good film, but less action compared to the modern films.....still, enjoyable.....they have enough good lines/suspense and bond girls to fill in the gaps :D

AVTAK: Bwahahaha, personally I enjoyed this one, the theme song was rather good, only bond theme to be #1 on both the US and UK charts :D.........anywho, roger moore is 59, and a bit old for the role.......but I think even worse is For your eyes only, a teenager falls for 55 year old roger :eek:

:D

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Kumba said:
Definetly; Bond could kick Solo's @$$! Arg, those lucky bastards in Britain already have DAD! I think you should watch the movies in order, Attila. Some people may think Dr. No is boring, but it is a very good detective film, and has a very well written script. You should probably stay away from some of the Roger Moore Bond films, such as A View to a Kill, haha, I'm sure 00Kevin knows what I'm talking about! Oh, and Attila, is your cave located under Stonehenge?

No, it's in the mountain that Macchu Picchu is built upon... ;)

Kumba, as much as I'm enjoying this, let's give it a rest. And before you make those sorts of comments again, I would suggest asking yourself if you've seen any great films that were made before 1962 - a year you no doubt know the significance of. I've haven't been living in a cave, my friend.

[Edited by Attila the Professor on 05-26-2003 at 11:35 am]

NileQT87

yeah im a girl. i find cute unpredictable and scruffy solo better looking than prim and proper slicked back tuxed bond.

Finn

Staff member
Re: Re: Dilemma #1... sorry, but I have to.

00Kevin said:
Ookay... but why didn't Q use his own inventions to himself? :D Or then he discovered "the Meaning of Life"... ;)

00Kevin

Indyfan
It was too late, he could freeze his age but not make himself younger, plus it was only an experimental model used only on

bond

and

Moneypenny

:D

and they lost the formula shortly after

Canyon

00Kevin said:
NileQT87-Solo_Baggins said:
you stink man! Bond is better then solo anyday..........

Aarrghhh! Had to post. Just couldn't help myself!

Bond better than Solo?! No WAY!!!

<small>well, perhaps I will watch some Bond films at some stage, perhaps when I'm on my 3 month sabatical from the Indy Trilogy (August to November)</small>

Oh BTW, a question for 00Kevin
Kev, seeing as you are a HUGE Bond fan, when you watch Last Crusade, is it strange seeing Sean Connery as Indy's dad, as you are probably used to seeing him as Bond? I'm just curious. :D

00Kevin

Indyfan
well, not much, SC looks COMPLETELY different between the origonal bond films and LC, in bond he is in 30's, black hair

in LC, looks like he's in his 60s/70s and looks very different

IT's strang though, LC was a bond film reunion

glover, davis, connery, doody and many more!

Kumba

Attila the Professor said:
Kumba said:

No, it's in the mountain that Macchu Picchu is built upon... ;)

Kumba, as much as I'm enjoying this, let's give it a rest. And before you make those sorts of comments again, I would suggest asking yourself if you've seen any great films that were made before 1962 - a year you no doubt know the significance of. I've haven't been living in a cave, my friend.

[Edited by Attila the Professor on 05-26-2003 at 11:35 am]

No significance?! HA! I'll let you know I know much about the world before 1962! You're just mad because you couldn't think of a clever way to get me back! AND, Bridge over the river kwai came out in the 50s, and it was a great film!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Kumba, my friend, I'm not mad. Now let's drop this before someone says something they regret. If you're trying to provoke me, it's not working.

And by the way, I didn't say that 1962 has no significance, but merely that you should know why it is significant...it's the year Dr. No was released. Furthermore, the Fifties are clearly before 1962, and a great number of wonderful films were made both before and after 1962.

I admit I may be somewhat behind the times, but I don't mind. The past is more pleasant than the present, in my mind, so I get most of my entertainment from it. Now, seeing as I have no more to say, this discussion is closed.

swords

Whats everyone's favorite Bond?

This may seem odd, irregualar, out of touch with movies in general, but Roger Moore is the best Bond. Nothing beats 60s cool Connery, but Moore has a way of carrying a action movie and making it fun, funny, witty, and hilerius. Theres exceptions no doubt, I think the closest Moore has ever come close to portraying a serious Bond was "for you eyes only", which is still very Moorish in itself.

And the Moore era had the coolest reoccuring villian (besides Oddjob), JAWS.

Whats everyones fav actor?

00Kevin

Indyfan
actually oddjob was not a reoccuring villian, did you mean blofeld???

well, connery all the way, perhaps the golden age of bond, his films were solid gold, the best bond

they were all good, lazenby and dalton are way unrated

but connery is still the best!

swords

Yep, movie mistake

It was unintentional. I meant Oddjob.

BTW, another good question worth asking later...

Dalton's the worst.

Kumba

Alright alright, sorry mr. attila, I seemed to have lost myself in all of the confusion, with the war and everything. (hahaha, that's my excuse, although the war is not what it was in April, U.S. troops are still being attacked and killed).

Jastro_Indy

Swords, ill have to disagree. Dalton could have taken the series back from Moore's Bond to Connery's, if given the chance.

Because he only made two movies, he was unable to create his Bond: The darker side.

And he was Welsh like me.

Quest

my list of bond actors from no.1 to the one i least like:

Sean Connery (he IS bond just as much as Harrison IS indy)
Pierce Brosnan (he IS bond of the modern age)
Timothy Dalton
Roger Moore
David Niven

did i miss any? :O

swords

Who's David Niven? There was George Lazenby...

Dalton is good, actually he brought 'to' his own Bond to the frachise that separated him and made him unique. I'll refraise what I said and say he's my least favorite. He was too dark and I couldn't see Bond that way(though thats Fleming's intention in the first place, a hard core Bond).

Connery and Moore brough a certain humour to their roles which I enjoyed more.

I love the finishes to both TLD and LTK though, the tanker chase especially which, incidently, is one of my favorite Bond chases.