Indy's middle name is Walton

Indyologist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones

See under Indy's "biography." Doesn't it sound like the perfect middle name for Indy? It just pegs him as the son of a scholar, doesn't it? Verrrry classy and distinguished sounding!

I'm not sure where they got the information for Indy's middle name, though. I'm guessing it was mentioned somewhere in the YIJC. (?)

Either way, I just love this Wikipedia entry!

VP

Moderator Emeritus
That's bull****, there are no sources for this information. Just deleted the middle name.

Junior Jones

It is official. "My name is Henry Walden Jones, Jr."
It was one of the first lines in My First Adventure; a voice over accompanying scenes of Indy's birth, him as a toddler playing with Indy the puppy, his father without a beard, etc.

When the episodes were re-edited into movies, a few minutes of new footage was added before going into what was once the first half of Curse of the Jackal.

VP, you might want to go put that back.

Indyologist

VP said:
That's bull****, there are no sources for this information. Just deleted the middle name.

I would take Junior Jones's advice and put it back since he quoted the source.

Indy: Do it-- NOW!!
Willie: OKAYYY!!!

Got it? :whip:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Junior Jones said:
It is official. "My name is Henry Walden Jones, Jr."
It was one of the first lines in My First Adventure; a voice over accompanying scenes of Indy's birth, him as a toddler playing with Indy the puppy, his father without a beard, etc.

When the episodes were re-edited into movies, a few minutes of new footage was added before going into what was once the first half of Curse of the Jackal.

VP, you might want to go put that back.

Wow! I really need to get that episode! I have Curse of the Jackal the original but not My First Adventure.

Indyologist

roundshort said:
Somebody touched a nerve . . .

I know! What the heck is his problem with this thread, anyway? :confused: Sheez, now people are getting teed off with me even when I'm NOT using the "J" word (Jesus)!!! What the heck?? :confused: :(

What's your problem with this thread I started, VP?

Maybe he's jealous because he doesn't have a cool middle name like "Walden." Maybe his is "Aloysis" or something lame like that...
nixweiss.gif

Last edited:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Just put it back yourselves, Wikipedia is free for anyone to edit. I Googled it and all references were Wikipedia ones.

roundshort

Indyologist said:
I know! What the heck is his problem with this thread, anyway? :confused: Sheez, now people are getting teed off with me even when I'm NOT using the "J" word (Jesus)!!! What the heck?? :confused: :(

What's your problem with this thread I started, VP?

Maybe he's jealous because he doesn't have a cool middle name like "Walden." Maybe his is "Aloysis" or something lame like that...
nixweiss.gif

Maybe the memories of sme names Walden are too painful for him to want to remember . . .Maybe a Walden broke his heart long ago . . .

Jay R. Zay

VP said:

wow, he's even a mod when he isn't at the raven. :eek: do you sometimes write admonitions to your little sister when she gets annoying? do you suspend her from your room? do you tend to end discussions with your friends with something like "harry, this discussion is no longer indiana jones related, goodbye"? :p

Indyologist

roundshort said:
Maybe the memories of sme names Walden are too painful for him to want to remember . . .Maybe a Walden broke his heart long ago . . .

Oh, poor VP. Some nasty Walden bwoke his widdle heart? :rolleyes:

A big thanks to whomever put this information back on Wikipedia where it belongs.

Jay R. Zay

VP said:
It was me, BTW.

A quick reminder for everyone: http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=9205

VP, seriously... everybody makes mistakes. but when you behave like a cowboy shooting at sight (as, in this case, deleting information because YOU haven't heard of it yet), this isn't just a mistake.

this "hey, everybody can make mistakes" line is not for people who behave as if they were impeccable. if you think "i can make mistakes", you should act more carefully. if you think you don't need to act carefully, you don't need respect when failing because of this.

this sounds like somebody stole my purse. i believe it was my neighbour. so i beat him up real good. next morning, somebody else admits that he stole it. can i say then "well, everybody makes mistakes sometimes"?