Status
Not open for further replies.

NightWalker81

DeepSixFix said:
Agreed!

So true! It?s all about escapist fun.

Your English is fantastic, thanks for participating! :whip:

Thank you very much! :) :)

Yeah, I love Indiana Jones but, you know, sometimes I think the fans take the series too seriously. It's OK, and I understand, but in the end, maybe it's only for fun. I don't think Mr. Spielberg and Mr. Lucas wanted to make a masterpiece. They only wanted to give us adventures in the old fashion and entertainment cinema.

I'm in positive mood for the movie. I think Indy has always given fun to us, and the less I can do is wait for him with illusion!

Fantastic page and forums, by the way. This is one of the best forums about the series I have ever seen. There are very interesting topics, people who knows much and a lot of documentation.

Crack that whip

Pale Horse said:
Disney's pretty much confirmed they have more stories to tell. When and how are still up in the air, but killing off a character seems to directly contradict the 'more stories' mantra.

That means I get no Shane-esque ending to Indy V. (n)

I, for one, would prefer for the movie to maintain continuity with the TYIJC bookends, even if they're absent from TAOYIJ. I therefore hope the movie will leave Indy alive (though if they want to have him lose the eye, as distressing as it might be to see, dramatically it'd be so much the better, especially since it would would pull double duty in not only strengthening ties to the show and answering that lingering question, but perhaps also address complaints about Indy's indestructibility re: the fridge).

Z dweller

Pale Horse said:
Disney's pretty much confirmed they have more stories to tell. When and how are still up in the air, but killing off a character seems to directly contradict the 'more stories' mantra.
Precisely.

And the only way to tell those stories going forward is by casting a new actor as younger Indy.

It's going to happen: get over it, people.

Indy 5 is Disney's best chance to successfully introduce the new actor alongside Ford, and I am betting they won't miss it.

Crack that whip

Z dweller said:
Precisely.

And the only way to tell those stories going forward is by casting a new actor as younger Indy.

It's going to happen, get over it people.

Indy 5 is Disney's best chance to successfully introduce the new actor alongside Ford, and I am betting they won't miss it.

I don't know. I think they're thinking of a final adventure for our classic Indy, and then after a pause going full reboot.

Z dweller

Crack that whip said:
I don't know. I think they're thinking of a final adventure for our classic Indy, and then after a pause going full reboot.
Why would Disney do that? There is nothing to be gained with that strategy.

Much better to give Ford most screen time in Indy 5 (which is going to be the last "classic Indy" anyway), while introducing a new actor in flashback scenes, so audiences get used to it in readiness for futures movies, set in the 20s and 30s.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Z dweller said:
Why would Disney do that? There is nothing to be gained with that strategy.

Much better to give Ford most screen time in Indy 5 (which is going to be the last "classic Indy" anyway), while introducing a new actor in flashback scenes, so audiences get used to it in readiness for futures movies, set in the 20s and 30s.

Chuckle, he's said the same thing you did, just a bit differently. They need a new actor. "How" is just the devil in the details.

The ancient veterans of this site wanted Indy to die Noir-like (ambiguously or not), never to return. That fever dream is now broken.

phantom train

It's been a long time since I posted on this board. Good to hear about a new, forthcoming IJ film in 2019 - I never thought there would be another after KOTCS (which I did like, but that's another thread).

In any case, here are some thoughts/questions about this forthcoming film:

Hopefully with Indy 5 they'll try to stay close to Harrison's age for the IJ character (as in KOTCS). I.e., IJ was born in 1899. Harrison Ford will be 77 in 2019. So, the IJ character would be 77 in 1976. So, to try to stay even somewhat close to HF's age the film has to take place in either the late 1960's (which is stretching it) - or more likely sometime in the early - mid 1970's.

Will there be flash-backs to an earlier time in Indy's life/adventures? If this is the case, they need to do a good job with the casting here for the younger Indy - that will be critical. Obviously, I was a big fan of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV series back in the '90's & felt that Sean Patrick Flanery played a great late teen & early 20's Indy. However, SPF is now 50 and may be too old to play this role again - depending on what time period this flash-back takes place, of course.

Lastly, even if Indy 5 is terrible, I still want it to come out - since, at the least, the release will almost certainly mean more IJ merchandise. There's still a lot of figures/vehicles I want to see from the first three movies that haven't been made yet.

Z dweller

Pale Horse said:
Chuckle, he's said the same thing you did, just a bit differently. They need a new actor. "How" is just the devil in the details.
I know, you ancient veteran! :rolleyes: And the how is what we've been discussing.

Will the new actor already be introduced in Indy 5, or only in later installments?

Methinks the former, and I am not alone

Johnny Nys

I haven't seen "The Age of Adaline" other than the trailer, but I wouldn't mind Anthony Ingruber as a college age Indy stumbling upon something during his first dig - something similar to the "Crusade" prologue, I guess, but more in style of the "Raiders" prologue. Perhaps a dig where he first met Sallah, even though that meeting was already established in Les Martin's Young Indiana Jones book "The Tomb of Terror". But then they could have Sallah come back, needing Indy's help with whatever they encountered in their past. That could be Marion's cameo, sitting with Indy on the porch of their house, enjoying the quiet life, then they get the news of Sallah, perhaps in a similar way as how Indy got the Grail Diary from his dad, and then Marion urges him to go help their friend, for old times' sake.

Dr.Sartorius

a54337dc69a9db390b57b6291f641893.jpg

Udvarnoky

QBComics said:
There goes any hype I may have had. :/ Hopefully he's just working on the first draft.

Raiders and Temple had the same writers from beginning to end. Last Crusade and Crystal Skull changed hands a few times.

50/50 chance?

Z dweller

There's bound to be a million rumors between now and 2019.

What makes you think this first one is anything more than clickbait at this stage?

QBComics

Z dweller said:
There's bound to be a million rumors between now and 2019.

What makes you think this first one is anything more than clickbait?

It's The Hollywood Reporter. They're credible.

curmudgeon

Sorry.

But I'll try to be positive and say... well, there's another person on the project who'll be trying to make up for the last film.

Z dweller

curmudgeon said:
Sorry.

But I'll try to be positive and say... well, there's another person on the project who'll be trying to make up for the last film.
Please, God, don't let it be Shia... :sick:

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean now, sorry... for a second there I thought you knew something so dire you wouldn't share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.