Do you read comics other than Indiana ones?

Cammy

I read all sorts of comics, as I'm really into comics. I also write comic book reviews, I'm writing a comic book as well as a novel.

Is anyone currently reading Civil War? That's gotten quite a lot of media attention. I read mainly DC, a bit of Marvel and quite a lot of independent comics. Do you read any other comics besides Indiana Joes comics?

Gotro

I read comics whenever I can. I have quite a collection of Ultimate Spiderman allong with some oriental comics. One of my favorite indy (as in independent) comics would have to be battle pope. Seeing Jesus in a "What Would I Do?" t-shirt cracks me up :D

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't get into comics until college. I followed the beginning and end of Gen 13. Now it's just Strangers in Paradise, which ends next year.

Abe Vayoda

I don't read Indiana Jones comics, though I often will pick up a Superman or Batman, or Spider-man. I like some of Alan Moore's work as well, though I'm not as fond of much of it as others. Like Moedred, I didn't get interested in comics till college. Still not a heavy reader of them, but I wish I had more than I do. ?Unfortunately, my town doesn't have a comics store and our bookstore refuses to stock comic books... crazy I know.

Joe Brody

Gotro said:
One of my favorite indy (as in independent) comics would have to be battle pope. Seeing Jesus in a "What Would I Do?" t-shirt cracks me up :D

Moedred said:
I followed the beginning and end of Gen 13. Now it's just Strangers in Paradise.. .

roto13 said:
The Watchmen is the greatest comic book series in the history of the universe.

Links people! Links! Enlighten the ignorant here, namely me.

IndyBuff

I've never been a fan of comics but if I could find the Indy ones I would certainly read them. I used to have a couple Young Indy comics but they're packed away somewhere and I haven't been able to find them.:(

Cammy

Not to scare anyone but this is a list of the comics I'm reading at the moment...

Red Sonja
Street Fighter
Shadowpact
Blue Beetle
Amazing Spider-Man
Civil War
Supergirl
Superman
Batman
Hatter M
Tron
Green Lantern
New Avengers
JSA (Justice Society of America)
Legion of Super-heroes
The Flash
Transformers
Conan
Claw the Unconquered
Lady Death
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Rebellion
Ion

Hmm... I can't think of any more for the moment but I just love reading comics!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Gen 13 did an Indyesque story arc with #'s 3-5, collected in the now-hard-to-find TPB "Lost in Paradise." It probably deserves a mention on The Raider because the creative team soon left the title to make Danger Girl. Gen 13 were college-age Gen Xers, with the usual assigned powers (fire, strength, anti-gravity). Writer Adam Warren arrived late to flesh out the characters.

Strangers in Paradise is about lipstick lesbians in Houston routinely hassled by the mob. Actually most the girls are straight. No capes, well written.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I read Lara Croft:Tomb Raider comics, Star Wars, MAD magazine's Spy vs Spy, X-men on the odd occasion and even Wonder Woman.

Joe Brody

VP said:

Speaking of which, a couple of years ago Disney's updated Daisy for its House of Mouse show. . . .she's now sporting a pony-tail and acts the spunky blonde type. Joe approves. It really helps distinguish her from Minny.

Houseofmousecdcover.jpg

Oh, and the Battle Pope mag was funny. Give roundshort a second and he'll be in here pimping Christopher Moore books.

Junior Jones

VP said:

I read Aku Ankka in English. (Along with Mickey Mouse and Uncle Scrooge) http://www.gemstonepub.com/disney/

Also, Slave Labor Graphics is publishing a line of Disney comics that appeal to more grown-up audiences (not that Donald and Mickey are strictly for kids). The best in that line is Gargoyles continuing the animated series from about ten years ago. They're also publishing The Haunted Mansion, Tron, and Wonderland.

Cammy

Tron is one of the comics I'm reading from Slave Labor Graphics, and I have to say I'm really enjoying it and I'm looking forward to the next issue.

roto13

Right now, I'm reading Monster. It's a psychological manga, and it's good so far. A doctor in a corrupt German hospital operates on a little boy instead of a VIP and loses his job, then his whole world falls apart.