Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

The Tingler

It's as possible as anything, but nothing's been confirmed. I'm prepared to bet on September 2009, one year after Force Unleashed.

Shortie

Yeah that's a good date. I think they moved it back so they wouldn't have two big games in one year. Though having Indy this year would of made more sense.

DIrishB

Shortie said:
Yeah that's a good date. I think they moved it back so they wouldn't have two big games in one year. Though having Indy this year would of made more sense.

Not if the rumors of an Indy animated series come true, in the same vein as the Clone Wars series. Hopefully with a different approach to the art/visuals...Indy shouldn't look like a Pixar rip-off.

But yeah, if this game is released in late 2009, it could be a sort of lead in to an animated series in 2010.

Again, this is all rumor and speculation, so take it with a grain of salt.

Irfaan

DIrishB said:
Not if the rumors of an Indy animated series come true, in the same vein as the Clone Wars series. Hopefully with a different approach to the art/visuals...Indy shouldn't look like a Pixar rip-off.

But yeah, if this game is released in late 2009, it could be a sort of lead in to an animated series in 2010.

Again, this is all rumor and speculation, so take it with a grain of salt.

Sound interesting...

I know this is going to be sad to say, but i feel as if we are the only ones participating this game :( I really want some new indy, i have played LEGO indy to death! Got all the achievements for that game too. Lucasarts should at least give details/documentaries on the upcoming Indy game to forgive the delays and to create hype.

You know the saying, as long as it's Indy, we're in for it!!!! I have been a big fan of Indy for more than 8 years, and i'm only 18 lol.

Oh well, i guess i still have some young Indy dvds to watch, and some novels and comics too.

that could be any game in the world.I find it highly suspect that after two years of no new screens we get two pictures of a shack in Jamaica (Jones Kingston company, so I surmise Jamaica)

I dunno

DIrishB

I'm not saying it is from the game, but they certainly look as if they could be. Comparing them to the screens that were released way back when, the textures, lighting, etc all seem to match up pretty seamlessly.

As you said, it could be from any upcoming game, etc, but I'm willing to believe they're from SoK at this point.

RaidersoftheArk

It's in Dutch. To summurize:

The Indiana Jones could be related to the Duke Nukem Syndrom. The technique used in Star Wars Unleashed (bend technique) was part of the Indiana Jones video game concept. Lucas Arts put aside the production of the Indiana Jones game and continoud on Star Wars unleasht. To still show that the game Indiana Jones and the staff of kings is in production,two screens have been given free from Lucas Arts enterprise.

More or less translated and summerized.:D

Snakes

I'm very glad to hear this game is still being made. I hope they release it for PC and Wii though. Also, in the special features on the KotCS DVD, they talk about some of the objects in the crates the Russians smash to get to the coffin. Apparently one of the crates contained the Moses' staff. I wonder if the new game will end in Hangar 51...

DIrishB

RaidersoftheArk said:
It's in Dutch. To summurize:

The Indiana Jones could be related to the Duke Nukem Syndrom. The technique used in Star Wars Unleashed (bend technique) was part of the Indiana Jones video game concept. Lucas Arts put aside the production of the Indiana Jones game and continoud on Star Wars unleasht. To still show that the game Indiana Jones and the staff of kings is in production,two screens have been given free from Lucas Arts enterprise.

More or less translated and summerized.:D

Thanks for the translation! Nice to see they're releasing info, albeit VERY slowly. Least that means the game IS still in production.

Indy's brother

RaidersoftheArk said:

Check out the writing on the crates:

phpThumb.php

Sorry, I thought the pic would be bigger, the two crates on the left say: JONES BREWING CO. KINGSTON

Dewy9

Snakes said:
I'm very glad to hear this game is still being made. I hope they release it for PC and Wii though. Also, in the special features on the KotCS DVD, they talk about some of the objects in the crates the Russians smash to get to the coffin. Apparently one of the crates contained the Moses' staff. I wonder if the new game will end in Hangar 51...

Yeah, that was cool! It was a replica of the one used by Heston in The Ten Commandments. Looks like this one might end up in the hands of Uncle Sam also.

Wow hadn't seen them, now thats what I'm talking about. So, South America, Istanbul, and some sort of underground flooded cavern.. cool

Irfaan

Very nice pics, i am glad they finally released some sort of media for this game! It's looking absolutely gorgeous! I will buy this day 1!!! I hope some stores here have some preorder goodies!!! I really can't wait to hear more.

And i also really don't mind if it comes late 2009, just as long a they update us with info i won't mind :)

HovitosKing

If the game keeps getting bumped back, it's going to feel sub-par once it does come out when compared to the array of nextgen products being released over the next few months. Namely, Tomb Raider: Underworld. Just sayin'. And no, I don't think the Indy game is going to surpass any of these other games in graphics, gameplay, nextgen advances, etc.