Trilogy on Blu-Ray

Crack that whip

I'm sure many are, but the wording doesn't seem as definite as one might like, or perhaps it's an error. I think others are just awaiting official confirmation.

But yeah, I totally want all four movies in high-def.

metalinvader

While I'm thrilled to hear news on both of these releases the link to cooltoyreview isn't working nor can I find it on the ctr page.:confused:

metalinvader

The Man said:

From Google translate...

Colleagues from blu-ray.com noted that the first three parts of Indiana Jones, "Raiders of the Lost Treasure," "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" and "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" in late 2009 in the United States Blu-ray Disc to appear. During a Power Point presentation from Lucasfilm were the plans disclosed. Pictures of the presentation were quickly removed from the network disappeared, apparently because the announcement was only a mistake or an unwanted advance.

So,Nothing we hadn't figured out.

Dyonus

I want another Lego Indiana Jones, but I don't want to buy it if all they're going to do is add on Kindgom of the Crystal Skulls. I do want to play it, but not if I have to buy a whole new game for it.

When I bought Lego Star Wars, I bought the complete one. I never bought the two games separately.

Granted...I never bought Lego Indiana Jones. I got it free with my 360.

As for the BluRay set...I don't even have a BluRay player...and I just bought the four movies recently (separate because I could buy them separately cheaper than the boxset.)

FROM THE WEBSITE THE DIGITAL BITS
2/2/09

Good news for you Indy fans... our industry sources have confirmed that the planned Indiana Jones Trilogy Blu-ray release this holiday season is the real deal. Look for it in the 4th quarter, obviously from Paramount and Lucasfilm.

The Man

indyclonejr said:
FROM THE WEBSITE THE DIGITAL BITS
2/2/09

Good news for you Indy fans... our industry sources have confirmed that the planned Indiana Jones Trilogy Blu-ray release this holiday season is the real deal. Look for it in the 4th quarter, obviously from Paramount and Lucasfilm.

The perfect Christmas present...(y)

vf wing

I still can't get behind the blu-ray format. It could be years before I embrace it. However, when and if I do, these will be among my first purchases, and the few films I will bother to double-dip for.

DoomTown

vf wing said:
I still can't get behind the blu-ray format. It could be years before I embrace it. However, when and if I do, these will be among my first purchases, and the few films I will bother to double-dip for.

Same here. I'm sure I'll eventually jump onboard like everyone else, but it'll just take longer...;)

DoomTown

Dyonus said:
I want another Lego Indiana Jones, but I don't want to buy it if all they're going to do is add on Kindgom of the Crystal Skulls. I do want to play it, but not if I have to buy a whole new game for it.

When I bought Lego Star Wars, I bought the complete one. I never bought the two games separately.

Granted...I never bought Lego Indiana Jones. I got it free with my 360.

As for the BluRay set...I don't even have a BluRay player...and I just bought the four movies recently (separate because I could buy them separately cheaper than the boxset.)

How cool would it be if they added a "Fate of Atlantis" lego along with the "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" to the new Indy lego game. I would like that.:whip:

Dewy9

vf wing said:

Same here. I have an HDTV and when my brother brings over his PS3 to watch a movie, I really can't tell the difference between that and one of my movies which have been upconverted. Personally, it doesn't live up to the hype.

Fate of Atlantis

KVoss said:
How cool would it be if they added a "Fate of Atlantis" lego along with the "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" to the new Indy lego game. I would like that.:whip:

Apparently it's going to be an extra in the Staff of Kings

Playmount

Don't Give Up Yet!

Dewy9 said:
Same here. I have an HDTV and when my brother brings over his PS3 to watch a movie, I really can't tell the difference between that and one of my movies which have been upconverted. Personally, it doesn't live up to the hype.

Before you write-off Blu-ray forever, several things might be at play here (no offense intended if you've already considered these):

• First, what Blu-ray were you watching (some have botched transfers with excessive DNR which removes detail)?
  • Are you watching in a darkened room or are there lights on which could wash out the screen and limit your perception of contrast, cause reflections or in any way interfere with properly viewing the picture?
  • How big is your HDTV (more than 42")?
  • How far are you sitting from the TV (a minimum viewing angle of 30 degrees is best* - 42" screen = 5.7 feet)?
  • Is your HDTV properly calibrated or are you using factory settings (have you tried using Digital Video Essentials' Blu-ray calibration disc)?
  • What is your HDTV's contrast ratio (more than 1000:1)?
  • What is the resolution of your HDTV (a non-standard resolution like 1366x768 or native 1080p)?
  • What resolution was the PS3 set to (same as TV)?
  • Were you using HDMI, Component, S-Video or Composite inputs (HDMI is best)?
  • Was the PS3 set to YPbPr or RGB (YPbPr is best for Blu-ray)?
* Maximum SMPTE recommended viewing distance: It results in a more immersive experience, and also lessens eye strain caused by watching a smaller image in a dark room.

The PS3 upconverts standard DVD very well and it is one of the best Blu-ray players out there, I own one and use it in conjunction with a 720p front projector. On an 8 ft. wide screen, at only 1280x720 the difference is VERY noticeable, I assure you. At that size, in a completely dark room, with proper black masking, curtains surrounding the image and proper seating, it is very similar to being in a cinema. But even on my small 32" cheap Costco off-brand 1080p LCD in my bedroom, you can see the difference. It's there, it's real and it isn't hype.

Check out any of the screenshot comparisons at AVSForum or simply check out this review of the KOTCS Blu-ray which has full-res screenshot comparisons between DVD and Blu-ray:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews42/indiana_jones_kingdom_crystal_skull_blu-ray.htm

Hope this helps. :)