New Acquisitions!!

Billy Ray

Yeah, with the exception of very few pieces, I am not really a carded/packaged collector. Frankly, I just don't get it, but for some reason I am having a hard time breaking the seal (so to speak) on this guy. I mean, it's just a plastic bag...nothing special, and they are pretty easy to come by...but, like you say, he has been in there for 30 yrs! The rest of my vintage Indy stuff is loose, so I am sure I will get around to it...not sure what I am afraid of...like maybe he will turn to dust when exposed to air...LOL. I think I need help :p

indyclone25

ROB98374 said:
Congrats on your purchase. I love limited edition items.
I also have that set. I wonder how many others here have them?

of the short round bust or the short round artwork?
i have the short round bust i bought mine right before they were out of them last year and they had them for 30 bucks

Henry W Jones

Billy Ray said:
Yeah, with the exception of very few pieces, I am not really a carded/packaged collector. Frankly, I just don't get it, but for some reason I am having a hard time breaking the seal (so to speak) on this guy. I mean, it's just a plastic bag...nothing special, and they are pretty easy to come by...but, like you say, he has been in there for 30 yrs! The rest of my vintage Indy stuff is loose, so I am sure I will get around to it...not sure what I am afraid of...like maybe he will turn to dust when exposed to air...LOL. I think I need help :p

I will have take a video of me opening mine to show you he will not turn to dust. If anything his head would explode. :p

Goodeknight

ROB98374 said:
Got a set of water bottles this week.
I don't think I would drink from them... but they look cool.
photobucket-5852-1330204082701.jpg

Look closely at the third one with hieroglyphics, and you'll discover that they're not glyphs. It's actually an Arabic "style" script, but it's not even Arabic. I don't have mine in front of me right now, but I believe it says something like "Indiana Jones" and "Why did it have to be snakes." (in Arabic lettering)

I thought that was interesting. I got that one, and the second one with the whip and hat logo. I do drink from them.

Henry W Jones

Almost got 'em all!!!

Just bought a vintage Kenner "Indiana Jones German Disguise" figure and a the clear stand for my Marion figure. By Wednesday of next week Indy (Whip and Pistol), Indy (German Disguise), Belloq (Ceremonial Robes), Sallah and my stand will be here to round off the figures in my vintage collection. Now all I need is a horse and a convey truck and I'll have a complete set. (y)

Last edited:

Henry W Jones

1981 Kenner Indy (Whip and Pistol) showed up in the mail today still on card.:D (But he's not on card anymore);) He was as cool :cool: today as he was on my seventh Birthday. Since I paid $$$handsomely$$$$ for it I think I'll not break off his thumb this time or blow him up with a firecracker because my friends think it would be cool. (Gotta love hind sight):whip:

fenris

Henry W Jones said:
1981 Kenner Indy (Whip and Pistol) showed up in the mail today still on card.:D (But he's not on card anymore);) He was as cool :cool: today as he was on my seventh Birthday. Since I paid $$$handsomely$$$$ for it I think I'll not break off his thumb this time or blow him up with a firecracker because my friends think it would be cool. (Gotta love hind sight):whip:

So you're the kid they based Sid (toy story) from! Hehehe!

Anyway, here's my latest acquisition... An ACME Artifacts headpiece that i got from COW member Indiana Jeff.

Headpiece_ACME_SideA.jpg

Headpiece_ACME_SideB.jpg

Finally! A real headpiece prop, not a crappy self-made one... Hehe.

Howlrunner

New stuff that arrived over the past two days:

Indy2.jpg

Coyle's new "Raider" hat and 10 foot whip.

Indy1.jpg

Aztec calendar stone and "crystal" skull from Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull (theme park ride in Japan), miniature terracota warrior figure from Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (computer game), black Heart of the Dragon "pearl" from Emperor's Tomb, miniature Easter Island statue from Indiana Jones and the Interior World (novel) and Mayan statue from Indy's desk in his classroom.

And (not pictured) Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol. 3. :)

indyclone25

ROB98374 said:
I just got this one today...
photobucket-4427-1331092052352.jpg

i got mine last year , man isnt it a cool looking game , to bad ljn dropped the ball on alot of the indiana jones stuff they really didnt market it well and it was real scarce.

digitalfreaknyc

indyclone25 said:
i got mine last year , man isnt it a cool looking game , to bad ljn dropped the ball on alot of the indiana jones stuff they really didnt market it well and it was real scarce.
Are there any pics of the inside?

Indy's brother

InexorableTash said:
Any details on this? It looks like it might be a tequila decanter.

Funny, when you do a google image search for Diosa tequila, a ton of pics of adult film star Jessie Jane come up. Apparently she endorses their product. Having a proclivity for blonde women of more than questionable morals, it was an added bonus.

jesse_jane_diosa-8.jpg

It's very close to restaurajones' replica:

img2378j.jpg

Though the obvious differences are the nose and Howlrunner's statue has the words "Diosa" and "Agua" on the base. I can't make out any more of it from your pic, Howlrunner. Could you take a few shots of any other of it's identifying marks? It would be interesting to find out if the original prop was a "found object", such as a this tequila decanter, or if the prop came first, and the bottle was a repurposed use of the sculpt. Not to mention, it would be great to be able to search for and paint for screen accuracy. I've always like this statue.

Howlrunner

No, it's definitely not any kind of decanter, it's a solid statue (resin probably, but it's full of tiny little flakes). The kind of thing made to be sold to tourists in Mexico.

The statue on Indy's desk is a replica of this Mayan statue from the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City:

mayangoddessoriginalstatues.jpg

Nobody really knows who or what the statue is of. The plaque at the museum says "PERSONAJE DE LA NOBLEZA" which means "Person of Nobility".

A few made-for-tourist replicas have shown up on eBay over the years and for some strange reason they've all been green (weird since the original statue clearly isn't green).

The one Restaurajones sculpted is based on the one on Indy's desk and looks fantastic.

On my statue it says Diosa del Agua which I believe means "Water Goddess". I'm planning on stripping off the gold paint when I have more time. Will put up more photos later.

InexorableTash

If you're signed up for IndyGear's Club Obi Wan the relevant thread is:

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=52942&p=764619

I have to say, as nice as the replica is, the desk photos match that "Diosa Del Agua" statuette even better. Strip off the gold paint and grind off the letters...

Could easily be derived from the same source, though. I do want to know where this water goddess is from, though - my search fu is weak today, apparently.

Indy's brother

Ok, I'm an idiot, "Diosa Del Agua" means "Goddess of Water". It's got nothing to do with tequila. I can't find this particular souvenir or any images of it online anywhere. More searching turned this up:

Chalchiuhtlicue.jpg

Chalchiuhtlicue- Aztec Goddess Who held dominion over all running water, including rain. Because of Her dismay and anger over the wickedness of humanity, She sent a flood, tears of the Goddess, to erase and cleanse the world of evil, but in Her kindness, She provided a bridge of many hues (the rainbow) for the righteous. She was often summoned for protection of the newborn and for strength of the marriage bond and perfect love. Usually, She is depicted wearing a jade necklace, turquoise earrings, and a crown of feathers, signifying Her association with vegetation, the water of life and growth. Her black and white apparel remind us of Her dual nature.

link

Thanks for the suggestion Mr. Tash, but I am not a COW member, and thanks for the laugh you gave me with the term "Search Fu"!

indyclone25

today i recieved a Todd's 12 tan whip , looks and feels great! and i got to crack a few times , will have pics up soon.