I Met Steven Spielberg !!!

kongisking

Jesus, you lucky BStard!!! I would give my lower torso and sell my grandmother to have done what you did! Congrats!!! Man, you are lucky. I am so jealous! Did you see Harrison? or the new Indy girl? or our newest badass villain?

LUCKY!!! :rolleyes:

kongisking

dmaster said:
This is truly and amazing event! I'm totally impressed by the total focus and drive to try and go ahead and meet destiny head on by travelling all the way from Europe to the States in order to follow a dream to its ultimate conclusion.

When we believe in something strong enough, and long enough, and even make drawings of it :), things will move us in wonderful ways!

Congratulation on your dream Elodie! :whip:

Now I just need to get that ticket to Skywalker Ranch! :D

Ever heard of the upcoming movie "Fanboys", Dmaster?

No Ticket

Elodie, I only just found this thread so I didn't know this happened until today but WOW!!! I'm so happy for you! Awesome!

Steven Spielberg is my #1 person I'd most like to meet in the entire world. #2 is Tom Hanks and #3 is Harrison Ford!!

That's so incredible! I wish I could have gone to New Haven and all that and had a chance to meet him... although I'm sure your one of the few who got that lucky! What an awesome thing to happen! AND you met Shia!!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing!! :hat:

ElodieJones

Yeah before the meeting, everybody tolds us that it will be very VERY difficult, cause he is inaccessible.
Then after the meeting, everybody tolds us that we were REALLY lucky to met him, cause a really few people met him!

QueZTone

judging from your art dedication and fandom over the years, i think you were definitely the one who should have been that lucky to meet him :)

Eric Solo

No Ticket said:
Steven Spielberg is my #1 person I'd most like to meet in the entire world. #2 is Tom Hanks and #3 is Harrison Ford!!

I heard from a reliable source that Tom Hanks can be a jerk if you meet him in person, which surprised me. I guess anyone can have a bad day.

ElodieJones

Wow QuezTone, thank you very much for that !

I'm soo happy to met him, but somewhere I feel sad.
When I thin of all older fans who have this dream since much more time than me...

Kingsley

Attila the Professor said:
I admit, when you were first planning your trip to New Haven, I thought it was a silly idea, if only because it might not pay off and would probably be among the lesser ways one could spend the same money on a vacation, but this almost certainly proves me wrong. I'm elated for you that it went so well!
Elodie, you made the trip from switzerland to New Haven to met Mr. Spielberg?
WOW

That's great! When you dream with something a very long time and it comes true in a way it fullfills your expectations, well, that's something that makes me happy too, even when I don't know you. Congratulations, and wonderful drawings by the way. (y)

ElodieJones

Kingsley said:
Elodie, you made the trip from switzerland to New Haven to met Mr. Spielberg?
WOW

Yes !!!
That's really crazy, I know. I knew that m chances to meet him were soooo small, so it was difficult to me to mke the decision of going there.
But finally I though that it would be less sad for me to go there for "nothing", than to not go there and have regrets. So I buy my flights and I realize my dream :p

eazybox

I felt exactly the same way you did, but I only had to make a train trip from Pennsylvania. It will always be a very treasured memory. I saw you on the news in New Haven when I was there, and I actually prayed that your dream would come true. When I found out that it had-- and especially that you had encountered Spielberg not once but twice-- it brought a tear to my eye, I was so happy for you. If you follow your heart, you CAN achieve miracles.

All the Best,
Jack

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It's not a freaking miracle...it worked out, and that's great, but let's keep things in perspective. I know I'm asking for that at an internet message board, but can we at least try to have some sense of what's actually important in the landscape?

If Spielberg had offered to take her under his wing and let her direct a segment from Indy 4... then I'd say it was a miracle. As it was, it was just a stroke of good fortune that you she got to meet somebody she respected. I've met a few celebrities... wouldn't consider that a miracle... hell, I wouldn't even consider it good fortune. They're just people (sometimes really self-centered people... *cough* Tom Savini *cough*)...

eazybox

She dreamed about it intensely and it came true for her-- her experience speaks for itself, whether you define it as a miracle or good furtune.

Jack

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I like to think that if miracles really happen, they don't happen for things as cheap as this.

I'm happy for Elodie, but a miracle? Come on.

eazybox

I didn't say what happened to Elodie was a miracle. I said if you follow your dreams, miracles can happen, which I believe.

Jack