Can we get Indy around the globe ?

inky_skin

Ok, so I'm proposing a little bit of fun. Indiana Jones is well-known for his globe-trotting adventures. What I'm wondering is: can we make his Hasbro incarnation as well-travelled ?

I'm looking for some forum members in diverse locations to sign-up and essentially mail a Hasbro Indy figure around the world, taking pictures of him in their locale and passing him on to the next person in the list. I'd post the pictures in this thread and plot his progress, Indy-style, on a map. All it'd cost you is the minimal price of postage (loose, he'd probably class as a letter). I'd be first on the list and would provide the figure - perhaps I'll even throw in a "passport" for each of us to sign and then raffle him off at the end.

Like I said, just a bit of silly fun. But hey - it might make us a bit more "connected", eh ?

Chip in on this thread if you are interested.

Last edited:

Stoo

Brilliant!

I think it's an AMAZING idea, inky, and one I could see working out. Send him to me to get a shot of Indy in the Alps!:D

North America & Europe would be no problem. Maybe Iraq. Korea for sure? Australia would be a shoe-in...

inky_skin

Well, that's the first stage of Indy's adventure plotted.

First Leg: England to Switzerland.
Second Leg: Switzerland to ?

I'd like to get a minimum of 5 people signed up to make this worthwhile. I'll put us all on a numbered list and each person is responsible for contacting the person before them to provide a forwarding mail address.

1. Package will contain an Indy figure and a "passport". Please "stamp" the passport with something unique and relevant to your location when you receive it (rubber stamp, postage stamp, custom design or similar).
2. Then take a picture of Indy in a memorable setting (preferably with a landmark in the background - no non-descript rooms etc) and PM me with it.
3. Then package Indy and his passport and send it to the next person on the list.

Lets see if we can't get some more folks interested and send Indy around the globe....

Stoo

inky_skin said:
Lets see if we can't get some more folks interested and send Indy around the globe....
Yes, please people, sign up. I'm going to Malta next week and it would be great to get a shot of him there as well as in Switz. (I don't own any Indy action figs.:eek:)

This is just like the world-travelling Red Couch or the Garden Gnome thing but better...Again, great idea! Let's hope others catch onto it...

Lance Quazar

Hey! We used to do this over at jedidefender with a custom purple Obi Wan figure......until I left the figure in North Africa.

Sigh.

Sign me up, though, I promise not to lose it this time.

inky_skin

Stoo said:
Yes, please people, sign up. I'm going to Malta next week and it would be great to get a shot of him there as well as in Switz.
Sadly, I don't think is going to be organised in time for your Malta trip.

Lance Quazar said:
Sign me up, though, I promise not to lose it this time.
Don't worry Lance - this is Indy, not Marcus - he won't be getting lost.

So...

First Leg: England to Switzerland.
Second Leg: Switzerland to America.
Third Leg: America to ?

NickTurner

You can put me down. San Francisco is nearby if not already covered By Lance.

Hmm hope the mailman doesn't lose him!

Lance Quazar

I would like to make a suggestion -

Rather than using just a garden-variety Indy figure, we use one that has been customized in some way.

That's part of what made the Kenobi version so much fun - it was a unique figure. There was no way to "fake" his travels. We all knew it was the same one. The same one, sadly, which is now resting beneath the desert sands of North Africa...wiped clean by the wrath of God.

In any event, since this is Inky's brainchild, maybe he has one of his awesome customs he might want to "volunteer" for the assignment. (assuming you don't mind taking the chance you never see it again.)

Thoughts?

inky_skin

Lance Quazar said:
In any event, since this is Inky's brainchild, maybe he has one of his awesome customs he might want to "volunteer" for the assignment. (assuming you don't mind taking the chance you never see it again.)

Hmmm - ok, I think I've a custom Indy that might fit the bill.

So we've got England, Switzerland, two locations on West Coast America and Canada. Perhaps Hemble would be interested in getting Indy "Down Under" - and do we have anyone else in Europe or Asia (not that I'm discounting other locations - if Indy wants to bounce around North America, I'm ok with that) ? I'm looking for a few more destinations and then we'll get this project underway...

Le Saboteur

I'll participate! I do not foresee getting out of the country until 2011, but I can easily cover my home base of San Francisco and Greater California. I routinely get up and down the coast, and maybe I can jump over to Nevada. Just let me know.

I have a couple of ideas about things in California, but I'll also getting back down to New Orleans later on this year. So, yes, definitely count me in for adding New Orleans.

indy34

Yeah a great idea my dads squadron used to do this with a garden gnome. My dad belonged to a squadron that flies the Prime minister around so they had pictures of him in heaps of countries.
But yes sign me up I'd love to be a part of this there lots of landmarks where I live.(y)

hemble

Sounds like a great idea Inky count me in he'll be more then welcome to good ole down under. I'm in the far north state of Queensland in a place called Townsville, we've got some great mountain views even a peak that looks like paramount.

Ron

inky_skin

Thanks for your interest everyone - looks like we have enough people on board to make this viable. I'll organise the locations to ensure that their isn't too much "doubling-back" and to minimise the distances that you'll have to send Indy.

IMG_0418-1.jpg

Dr Jones has finished packing and is readying himself for departure. He's just waiting for me to get his travel documents in order. However, I can reveal that the first leg of his adventure will take him from England to Turkey and back...

I'm in New Jersey...I might be able to get him in Princeton, I KNOW I could do it if I get him by July.

I'm in New York quite a bit these days as well.

Indy is a baseball fan I could also get him catching a Newark Bears game, which he may have attened.

The original Newark Bears were a team in the International League from 1926 to 1949. They played their home games at the former Ruppert Stadium in what is now known as the Ironbound section of Newark.

Let me know...

Stoo

inky_skin said:
Sadly, I don't think is going to be organised in time for your Malta trip.
Darn. Leaving in a week from today, next Wednesday on the 12th (in the PM). If you could get him to me by then, I'd keep him for another week or two. Would need some time to get out to Interlaken or somewhere else during the day. (If that doesn't fit the schedule I could always take a picture of him here with the Alps off in the distance.) In any case, fit me in wherever you see best.

Inky, the figure looks amazing, by the way! Of course it is. You did it.:)
Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm in New Jersey...I might be able to get him in Princeton, I KNOW I could do it if I get him by July.

I'm in New York quite a bit these days as well.

Indy is a baseball fan I could also get him catching a Newark Bears game, which he may have attened.
I was actually going to suggest you for Princeton. That'll be a good one. We need him in Chicago, too!

Stoo

True, Rocket, :eek: but Inky can do it with such precision and skill.:p

So, Indy's going to Turkey, too?

inky_skin

Stoo said:
True, Rocket, :eek: but Inky can do it with such precision and skill.:p

So, Indy's going to Turkey, too?
It'll either be Turkey with friends of mine, or Malta with you - depends if I can get Indy to Switzerland in time for your departure.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Any one consider an Indy Head on a Henry Sr figure?
Must've missed the joke here. Sure, the figure in question is a quick kitbash, but he's unique enough to do the job.

Stoo

inky_skin said:
It'll either be Turkey with friends of mine, or Malta with you - depends if I can get Indy to Switzerland in time for your departure.
You can, it just depends on whether it's worth the money or not.
inky_skin said:
Must've missed the joke here. Sure, the figure in question is a quick kitbash, but he's unique enough to do the job.
The joke is on me since I was complimenting you on an amazing custom job when it's just a head on another body. Like the sepia photo, though!