Labyrinth des Horus

IndyBr

ALF reference?! :confused:
I don't remember that in the novel. Could you show us?
An Indiana Jones novel doesn't look like the right place to put an ALF reference...

whipwarrior

It's on page 45, when Indy is bargaining with Al-Kassah:

?You can learn nothing, if you prefer,? he hissed and
immediately began to smile again. ?Remember, it?s not
just the vase itself that determines the price. Look closely
and see it is filled with the answers to your questions.?
?Even then it isn?t worth a hundred dollars.? Indiana
considered briefly. ?I?ll offer you ten.?
?Ten?? Al-Kassah replied in a tone as if he had just
learned that he was an alien born on the planet Melmac,
abandoned here on earth as a baby. But his voice betrayed
that he was merely in the middle of an Arab trading ritual.

:dead:

IndyBr

Heck.
Didn't remember that, thanks for posting it.
The real problem is that the reference is anachronic. Even if it's a third person narrative, it really takes you away from the novel in that small moment.

cool indy

The download link does not work anymore. Can you just post a new link where anybody can download the pdf anytime they want to? Thanks. It's been a long time since I returned. :) :D :p ;) :cool: :rolleyes: :( :mad: :eek: :whip: (y) (n) :gun: :sleep: :hat: :confused: :sick: :eek: :dead:

Indyfan82

It's on page 45, when Indy is bargaining with Al-Kassah:

?You can learn nothing, if you prefer,? he hissed and
immediately began to smile again. ?Remember, it?s not
just the vase itself that determines the price. Look closely
and see it is filled with the answers to your questions.?
?Even then it isn?t worth a hundred dollars.? Indiana
considered briefly. ?I?ll offer you ten.?
?Ten?? Al-Kassah replied in a tone as if he had just
learned that he was an alien born on the planet Melmac,
abandoned here on earth as a baby. But his voice betrayed
that he was merely in the middle of an Arab trading ritual.

Haha! That's awesome! Love it!:) :cool:
(I'm a long time big fan of ALF, so I'd totally be fine with an Indiana Jones and ALF crossover.)
For this reference though, I really don't think it's a big deal. ALF seems to be pretty popular in Germany, so it's not too surprising- the reference works as a meta-reference; for the characters in the timeline of the Indiana Jones book, it's just a made-up planet and for the readers in the present, it's a cool reference to ALF. I don't think it takes anything away from the book- I just think it's funny and cool.:whip: (y)

Labyrinth

Howlrunner said:
Link doesn't work any more. Anyone else got the PDF please?

If you haven't gotten a copy, PM me your email address. I will try and send it. It's 2.66 MB, so let me know if I need to break it into separate emails.

I am sorry to beg in my first post, but the links are all dead and I could only find the book in dutch. Any help would be much appreciated.

If you need an email it's kiscinca85(at)yahoo.com.

drmc

punisher5150 said:
If you haven't gotten a copy, PM me your email address. I will try and send it. It's 2.66 MB, so let me know if I need to break it into separate emails.

I would also like a copy of the translation. I can't seem to PM you though, or anyone for that matter? I.d also rather not post my email to a public forum - any chance anyone with a copy could post a new link. Or could someone tell me how to PM someone. I click open the user and click on send a private message but the page faults out on me every time.