Worst movie you've ever seen

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Polls rule at the Film table...and here's another one...what is the worst movie you've ever seen? Or least favorite, if you prefer?

I seem to think that Jury Duty, a spoof of the courtroom drama genre, starring Pauly Shore, is the worst movie I have ever had the displeasure to see. I wouldn't have seen it, if I weren't such a devotee of 12 Angry Men, but I wish I hadn't. They actually showed a clip from 12 Angry Men at one point, but the punchline was just that Shore called somebody a "duck-billed platypus" or something to that effect. A wasted hour-and-a-half. I didn't even watch the credits. And I always watch the credits.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Without thought, (which is always the best way to act) I will say "Guarding Tess", but to respoect the thread, I will think about it and post again, probably in the morning.

Venture

Before I was born again, I rarely strayed outside of action and horror movies. In one momentary lapse of reason I rented "Deuce Bigelow". Needless to say, I continued with action and horror. Now it's pretty PG.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Cain said:
Before I was born again, I rarely strayed outside of action and horror movies. In one momentary lapse of reason I rented "Deuce Bigelow". Needless to say, I continued with action and horror. Now it's pretty PG.

Haha...I enjoyed that.

Edit: your post, not the movie, which I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole - unless I were to push it over the side of the Grand Canyon or something. ;)

[Edited by Attila the Professor on 07-28-2003 at 12:31 am]

swords

Battlefield Earth...actually, it can be so bad its funny, but generally, its bad filmaking.

I laughed when Travolta uses a water hose to "Spread away the desease of the humans!"

"Plan 9 from Outer space" had some funny moments, especially where the actors literally knock over the sets...or the special effects, such as the dish bowl space ships, and the thread of yarn supporting them.

He he he, I like these movies actually.

Kill Cavalry

Any of you who have seen the Mystery Science Theater 3000 series which used to appear on the Sci Fi Channel and Comedy Central know the meaning of bad movies. If there wasn't the hilarious commentary from the MST3K crew I would probably have sustained massive brain damage.

In conclusion, one of the best movies I have ever seen is Red Zone Cuba, which also happens to be the worst I'd ever seen. I highly suggest seeing this movie with the MST3K commentary, but if it is without the commentary - buy a bullet and rent a gun.

bob

Without a doubt the worst movie i have ever seen has to be Street Fighter (but that does not mean it was completely unentertaining!)

EvilNazi

there are so many. there are a lot of bad movies which of course had a low budget and bad casting. but there are plenty of those.
a movie that really disappointed me was the mummy for example. man, i expected to see some good movie about a mummy and all i saw was a cheap comedy with a cheap performance by brendan fraser, bad jokes, bad plot. the sequel is even worse.
its just a chep comedy with good special effects.

Adventurer

Although i haven't seen such a masterpiece like Battlefield Earth, my vote goes to "Wo hu cang long" (or, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon). That was the only time i walked out of the cinema around 40 minutes within the movie.

One of the worst movie i ever saw was the Majestic. I walked into that movie theater with high hopes, having begged my mom and sis to come along with me. After about an hour and a half (that movie was LONG!!!), I was begging them to LEAVE!! It was so incredibly boring, words cannot describe. UGGHHHH!! Now the word "majestic" has become a big joke within my family.

Another horribly boring one was A River Runs THrough It. I was excited about this one too because of BRAD PITT but it turned out to be so dull i couldn't stand it.

Other horrible movies: Sweet Home Alabama (my friends forced me to see this with them- I HATE dumb romantic comedies like this predictable film!), LXG, i cant think of any others right now...

yodablob

oh God i still have night mares about this! the yaya sister hood. Oh god oh god oh god, dont ever watch that! even if your forced like me! close your eyes through the whole thing!

Canyon

I saw a film ages ago called A Tree Grows in Brooklyn which I thought was really boring. :rolleyes: oh, and another film which bored me to tears was Harem, starring Nastassja Kinski (ironically, both films have been given really good reiews on Amazon.com!) :mad:

EvilNazi

LOST WORLD

MATRIX RELOADED

terrible disappointments

i think the worst movie i saw was "Leprechaun", dont know which part. i watched it with a friend because it was running on tv, and it was so bad that we laughed hard. it was not scary at all. the dialogue was cheap. the leprechaun didnt appear out of nowhere in order to scare you, he appeared in the background first so you wouldnt get scared. maaaaaaaaaan, that movie was entertaining though

Pale Horse

Staff member
bob

Without a doubt the worst movie i have ever seen has to be Street Fighter (but that does not mean it was completely unentertaining!)

I dated a girl who was a extra in this film.

bob

apalehorse said:
bob

I dated a girl who was a extra in this film.

Should i be watching my back from now on then? :)

indydude

Star Wars episodes 1/2 were both major dissapointments, but they did do one good thing, they made the original trilogy look even better than they already are. while SW ep 1/2 are not the worst movies I have ever seen, they are definately bad in my opinion. the first movie that comes to mind that I thaught was really bad is that movie with the pupit dudes called the dark crystal, I was forced to watch it with my younger cousin (who said I would really like it). and as evilnazi was saying, leprachan was a lame ass ecxuse for a horror movie.

Pale Horse

Staff member
bob

Should i be watching my back from now on then?

Absolutly not, your like family to me. Here have a drink. he slides a wide mouth champange glass over to bob, and grins sinisterly lol :D

She was cool, but not enough to redeem a bad movie.

And Finn, isn't it possible that the worst of something could also make it a classic? reference to his post in another thread

Hey!
A note: This board is intended for talk about famous, classic and good movies!

Finn

Staff member
apalehorse said:
And Finn, isn't it possible that the worst of something could also make it a classic? reference to his post in another thread...
That comment was a joke (mostly)... and you're right... there're movies that are so lousy that it's the thing that makes them good entertainment! :D