Indiana Jones on South Park

WeAreGoingToDie

theraider.net is a family friendly site. Remember, Indy has a HUGE kid to tweenage audience. To post a big story saying "South Park Mentions Indy 4! Rape Scene Images and Video Links Included!" would be pretty unnerving to young kids, and would probably lose theraider.net a lot of return visits (due to concerned parents).

Imagine if theforce.net posted "Family Guy Blue Harvest Pedophile Joke Montage Video!". No, they we're subtle about the content of the release. But with the South Park episode, I think it's very hard to be subtle since every reference is a rape scene.

Sankara

@Major West
No, you are! It was (still is) headline on many many Sites. Imdb.com for example. Check out google news: Indiana Jones + Southpark :D

@WeAreGoingToDie
"South Park Mentions Indy 4" would've been enough. I don't need the word "rape" in the headline either.

Last edited:

The Man

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns...rody sparks controversy at tv network_1083378

Anti-Defamation League spokesperson Myrna Shinbaum tells the New York Daily News, "South Park has been offensive and has had very anti-Jewish pieces in the past. We understand that the show is trying to satirise, but it may get lost on those who are haters."
According to reports, bosses at Paramount Pictures have scheduled a meeting with executives at its parent company, which produces the Comedy Central series.

:rolleyes:

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Nikki Finke is saying:

2ND UPDATE: I understand that no Hollywood bigwig will bother to lodge a protest with Viacom over the South Park episode. "We don't want to engage. We just want it to go away," an insider just told me. The Wednesday night episode, which was the show's fall season premiere, was seen by an average of 3.7 million viewers, up 21% from last fall's debut and topping all of cable during its time period. It stands as the show's most-watched fall premiere since 1999.

sandiegojones

Rape is not a funny subject. My wife was raped (no, I didn't watch this episode with her), but I don't get a poitically correct and sh!t.

I like South Park and thought that the way in which they presented it (with scenes from "The Accused" and "Deliverance") was funny since they made fun of the dumb fans who cry about "raping my childhood". They weren't making fun of someone real being raped, just a fictional character.

I like Indy 4 and can see the humor in this episode.

Sankara

@sandiego
I like very much the way made fun of the dumb fans who said: "Hey, Indy 4 is a good movie! Check out the the Box-Office! 700 Mio Dollar!!!"

*LOL* You know the scene? SS and GL get arrested. Great! :D

The Man

Lucas and Spielberg may not have raped Indy, but they certainly pimped him out...

610x.jpg

"So you don't like 'em with goatees. So what? A hundred bucks for ten minutes is a steal..."

Sankara

Wow....

POLL: DID SOUTH PARK GO TOO FAR?

Yes. Even if you hated ?Crystal Skull,? rape is never funny...
17.5 %

No. ?Crystal Skull? was a cynical appeal to nostalgia. Spielberg and Lucas deserved the attack...
82.5 %

27527 total responses*

Crusade>Raiders

Sankara said:
@sandiego
I like very much the way made fun of the dumb fans who said: "Hey, Indy 4 is a good movie! Check out the the Box-Office! 700 Mio Dollar!!!"

*LOL* You know the scene? SS and GL get arrested. Great! :D

Not even a million face palm images can match this...

WeAreGoingToDie

If a Family Guy episode is running short, the animators just fill the needed time with Family Guy characters reenacting Star Wars or Indy scenes word for word and shot by shot. This, in turn, is seen as biting satire and downright hilarity.

Those manatees are some smart sea cows!
manatees.JPG

No Ticket

WeAreGoingToDie said:
theraider.net is a family friendly site. Remember, Indy has a HUGE kid to tweenage audience. To post a big story saying "South Park Mentions Indy 4! Rape Scene Images and Video Links Included!" would be pretty unnerving to young kids, and would probably lose theraider.net a lot of return visits (due to concerned parents).

Imagine if theforce.net posted "Family Guy Blue Harvest Pedophile Joke Montage Video!". No, they we're subtle about the content of the release. But with the South Park episode, I think it's very hard to be subtle since every reference is a rape scene.

Yeahhh whatever. TheForce.net would mention it.

http://theforce.net/search/results.asp?SearchString=south+park

Last edited: