Indiana Jones on South Park

sandiegojones

Crusade>Raiders said:
Not even a million face palm images can match this...
How about a middle finger?!?!?

Disliking a movie is one thing, but "raping my childhood" is an ignorant and stupid argument. South Park made fun of the movie AND the retards who claim "rape" by GL and SS. You'd have to be drooling in your helmet not to see that.

WeAreGoingToDie

No Ticket said:
Yeahhh whatever. TheForce.net would mention it.

Well, if TF.N will mention a cat that looks like Yoda, then they MUST have mentioned the rape scene at the end with the Stormtrooper, right? Oh wait, they didn't.

Score 1 for me.

surfengine

Nearly every episode of South Park has a duality message. Generally some social comentary about current events and American society in general.

Some people just see teh fart and poop jokes on the surface. But South Park is deeply layered.

I think it is clear that the writers are ripping all involved in this movie.
The movie
The haters
the lovers

the plain fact that it is a movie but so much discussion arises about it. This is what they are discussing on thier episode. Website like THIS ONE!

Jimmy's comment about "it just doesnt make sense" is a comment on many threads here and many other threads.
I liken it to Mark Twain writing about slave owners who were very religous and Chrisitan. Its the parody and satire.

...but some people cannot see past themselves to see either the error of their ways or to laugh at themselves.

anyway....manbearpig must die!!

Nurhachi1991

New Family Guy is awesome so far!!!

They recreated the Raft scene from TOD the music was right and everything!

Last edited:

Marion Fan

I thought the South Park episode was pretty funny. I actually liked KOTCS for the most part overall. I think the ripping apart of this movie is really overkill, but I guess enough people really found it to be that bad. I could name a ton of other films that were far worse than KOTCS. I guess because it is an Indy film that is is held under more scutiny.

Blade

Marion Fan said:
I thought the South Park episode was pretty funny. I actually liked KOTCS for the most part overall. I think the ripping apart of this movie is really overkill, but I guess enough people really found it to be that bad. I could name a ton of other films that were far worse than KOTCS. I guess because it is an Indy film that is is held under more scutiny.

Go on then, name a ton of movies that are worse?

No Ticket

Finn said:
In all fairness then you should name a ton of movies that are better.

Is anything really good or bad? What is good or bad if not merely an opinion. Is it determined by the number of people who have an opinion leaning in a certain direction? Can someone's opinion of something really ever be wrong if there isn't some way to prove that "this is why it's bad" or "this is why it's good?"

Actually, you could infer that the Nazis were bad. But from Hitler's perspective it made sense? We know that what they were doing was 100% wrong despite their opinion that it was the right thing to do....

The weight of this analogy is not fair probably, a big contrast between the two. However, accurate in proving that it may be possible to know for sure if something, even something as trivial as a movie, is really good/bad despite the opinions of individual people.

... lol

No Ticket said:
Actually, you could infer that the Nazis were bad. But from Hitler's perspective it made sense? We know that what they were doing was 100% wrong despite their opinion that it was the right thing to do....

Maybe Spielberg thought he made a good movie but I'm 100% sure that KOTCS sucked. Memo to Lucas, Spielberg and Ford - Can you give me a refund please?

Finn

Staff member
No Ticket said:
Is anything really good or bad? What is good or bad if not merely an opinion. Is it determined by the number of people who have an opinion leaning in a certain direction? Can someone's opinion of something really ever be wrong if there isn't some way to prove that "this is why it's bad" or "this is why it's good?"
My point exactly. I just pointed out that if our friend isn't willing to answer his own dare by doing the opposite, it doesn't hold much value.

You really can't argue with an individual's opinion - a thing some folks seem to find difficult to grasp.

indy34

People are making a big fuss about this I think you really shouldn't take South Park seriously. They insult everyone I remember that they made Steve Irwin jokes only about a month after he died yes it was pretty insulting and bad taste but I didn't take it seriously.

Blade

Finn said:
My point exactly. I just pointed out that if our friend isn't willing to answer his own dare by doing the opposite, it doesn't hold much value.

You really can't argue with an individual's opinion - a thing some folks seem to find difficult to grasp.

Of course you can argue with an individuals opinion. What else are you going to argue?

Face it Finn, KOTCS was one massive turkey that looks like taking the original trilogy down with it.

Finn

Staff member
Blade said:
Did I say I could name a ton of movies better?
You should, if you think KotCS is bad. But it's not really about naming, it's about the effort. Do you bother... or more importantly does Marion Fan bother.
Blade said:
Of course you can argue with an individuals opinion. What else are you going to argue?
Sorry. Yes, you can argue an individual's opinion - with another individuals opinion. But not with the holier-than-thou "I'm-right-and-the-world-agrees-with-me" attitude certain individuals wish to display here.

YouNeverKnow

I'm a huge fan of South Park and they always have continuity. They'll bring back a certain joke, character, or line from 3 seasons earlier and pull it off so well.

In fact, I'd encourage most of the young adult/adult population to give it more than a once-over. You'll find that it is a deceptively witty and continuously enjoyable show with very well-thought out characters. My $0.02.

Dr.Jonesy

What message was portrayed in the Indy/South Park Episode?

There's been much controversy over the South Park episode that has Indiana getting raped by Steven and George. But what I'm interested in, is what message was it playing out.

Some believe it was:

A.) Poking fun at the film and showing that Steven and George 'raped' a truly beloved film character.
B.) Poking fun at the fraction of fans that were whining that Steven, George and KOTCS 'raped' their childhood and making those people out to be big babies.

But what was the episode really saying? A or B? I really don't know and the content of the episode may be up to interpretation.:confused:

If this thread gets closed, I won't be suprised, as I'm racking up the amount fairly quickly.:dead:

DocWhiskey

Both "A" and "B" really. Because (boy I'm I going to get bashed for this) it's everyones fault. George and Steven for making a sub par Indy movie and the fans for taking the negatives and blowing it (or nuking it) completely out of proportion.