Emperor's Tomb Editing Team/Project

Yolegoman

Beware, people: I typed in the cheats:1 cheats:12 thing (for my little siblings, I didn't care for it), and it worked, but shortly afterword, green and pink and red lines came out of all animate objects: Indy, bad guys, liqour bottles, etc.

They won't let me remove the cheat to see if the lines go away, so I dunno. But just thought I would let you guys know.

philhos

Why add the cheats=12 line anyway? Just add the cheats=1 which makes you invincible and beat the crap out of everybody with your fists!!

Fist-fighting is the best part of this game! Am I right or am I right?

Yolegoman

VP said:
Yes you're right. But using the bazooka is fun :D.

Yes, it is. Sadly, I have not watched my Indiana Jones DVDs in well over 5 months, nor played my ET game in much longer! Where has the time gone...

I've become more knowledgeable in programming over this last year, though, and I'd like to try hacking ET again. ;)

Canyon

Woah! You guys never cease to amaze me with your technical knowledge! :D

One question. When you play as Professor Jones in tweed suit, are you wearing glasses as well?

Oh, and does anyone have a screenshot you can show me.

Just curious you understand. ;)

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Yolegoman said:
I've become more knowledgeable in programming over this last year, though, and I'd like to try hacking ET again. ;)

I'm afraid programming won't help in any way without the source. Unless you rewrite ET from the very begining...or steal it (who knows maybe you're the guy who stole half life 2).

Tennessee R

Canyon said:
Woah! You guys never cease to amaze me with your technical knowledge! :D

One question. When you play as Professor Jones in tweed suit, are you wearing glasses as well?

Oh, and does anyone have a screenshot you can show me.

Just curious you understand. ;)

Do you mean in the game? And does that mean you haven't played the game? And yes, I think that he is wearing glasses in ET. Although you don't play him, it's all a cinematic scene..

Yolegoman

Yes, I'm pretty sure he would have his glasses, as the tweed jacket suit is a whole other mesh file. Although I'm also pretty sure that he would have his Leather Jacket on over the tweed suit in the case of levels such as Prague, etc.

My little brother lost my ET CD, even after I specifically told him not to touch it, so I have yet to reinstall it... performed a system wipe a couple weeks ago.

Canyon

Tennessee R said:
Do you mean in the game? And does that mean you haven't played the game? And yes, I think that he is wearing glasses in ET. Although you don't play him, it's all a cinematic scene..

Yes, I have played the game, but only on X-box.

Its just that some time ago, someone told me that if I had PC version, I could play as Professor Jones. I was just curious. ;)

Katarn07

IndyJohan said:
I like playing the game as is! I don't need any hack to enjoy it.

Same here. But doing that stuff can be very fun. That all sounds great guys. Can any of you post screenies or not? I'd like to see some of that stuff. Also, it'd make for good caption contests that you guys do ;)

Tennessee R

Canyon said:
Yes, I have played the game, but only on X-box.

Its just that some time ago, someone told me that if I had PC version, I could play as Professor Jones. I was just curious. ;)

No, I have the PC version, and it's just a cutscene.
That would be neat, though. If they went to the trouble of creating a wraparound for his suit, you think they'd use it more.

Katarn07

Tennessee R said:
No, I have the PC version, and it's just a cutscene.
That would be neat, though. If they went to the trouble of creating a wraparound for his suit, you think they'd use it more.

No, they've hacked the code or something by messing with the files in the directory and you can play as Indy in the suit with glasses. That's what this whole threads about.

Finn

Staff member
<small>Gee, where's your brain this time?</small> :rolleyes:

Only <i>stupidos</i> who don't copy the files to some remote location before starting to mingle with the originals risk of doing that... and besides, if nothing else, a simple reinstall is usually very good as the ultimate medicine.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
<small>No I'm not. But here's it anyway:</small>

Katarn07 said:
Can any of you post screenies or not? I'd like to see some of that stuff. Also, it'd make for good caption contests that you guys do ;)