The Indy Cast

indycast

Saber79 said:
Awesome show this week! Thanks Ed, Mitch and everyone else. Great show!

Thanks guys but the real thanks definately goes to Mitch for pulling in some overtime on last week's show!

Thanks again!(y)

Stoo

I'm a newbie to the Indy Cast so am not too familiar with navigating the site and can't find the opinion poll on the "Raiders" truck. If anyone could point the way, it would be much appreciated.:) Good work by all involved. I loved the SPF interview (and thanked Mitchell in the Comic-Con thread but just wanted to say it again)!(y)

Stoo said:
I'm a newbie to the Indy Cast so am not too familiar with navigating the site and can't find the opinion poll on the "Raiders" truck. If anyone could point the way, it would be much appreciated.:) Good work by all involved. I loved the SPF interview (and thanked Mitchell in the Comic-Con thread but just wanted to say it again)!(y)

Hey Stoo, there is currently not an actual poll up on the truck from Raiders. I am looking for emails on the subject, so if you have some research or insight on the topic then just fire off an email to robisindy@gmail.com. Once we get some more information to go on we'll put up a poll and see which side of the debate has had the most convincing argument made for it.

Jorbex

Is there really an answer to the truck question? (or maybe I should ask, does it really matter?;) ) What really intrigues is why there's still so much controversy regarding the Toht/Not Toht question. I thought it was conclusively determined that Ronald Lacey did not play the Nazi Spy, and really, there's nothing to indicate it's the same man, besides both wearing a hat and glasses (which are shaped differently, btw). But that's just me! :D

Jorbex said:
Is there really an answer to the truck question? (or maybe I should ask, does it really matter?;) ) What really intrigues is why there's still so much controversy regarding the Toht/Not Toht question. I thought it was conclusively determined that Ronald Lacey did not play the Nazi Spy, and really, there's nothing to indicate it's the same man, besides both wearing a hat and glasses (which are shaped differently, btw). But that's just me! :D

I suppose there is an answer to the truck question, but no one knows what it is. That's why there is a debate about it. I haven't gotten any response - I think it's actually more of a car enthusiast question than an Indy enthusiast question. But, Eddie brought it up and it has been debated on the web, so I introduced the question.

As for Toht or not Toht, I'm convinced that it wasn't him. It's so fascinating to me that half the people who have responded still think it was Toht on the plane. The arguments for it being someone else are much more solid than the ones for it being him. But, not everyone agrees. I guess short of Lucas or Spielberg responding to the poll with a definitive answer, this will never be settled. And something tells me that they won't be emailing me about it any time soon!

robisindy said:
I guess short of Lucas or Spielberg responding to the poll with a definitive answer, this will never be settled.

Huh?

Dennis Murren = Indy's tail on the Plane
Ronald Lacey = Toht

I applaud your lofty standards, and your commitment to impartiallity but this is hardly a mystery. Dennis Murren stops to show his ugly mug before boarding, (acting!). This is a silly question.

Devils advocate: Have you considered the role of "spoiler" in your polls? Being a pollster, is there a way to propose a question that can eliminate false positives, etc?

:dead:

Rocket Surgeon said:
Huh?

Dennis Murren = Indy's tail on the Plane
Ronald Lacey = Toht

I applaud your lofty standards, and your commitment to impartiallity but this is hardly a mystery. Dennis Murren stops to show his ugly mug before boarding, (acting!). This is a silly question.

I agree that it's not a mystery. For me, it's clearly not Toht. I just meant that the debate isn't going to end - no matter how clearly the argument is made that it isn't Toht, there will still be people who think it is him. Heck, even a statement from Lucas or Spielberg might not be enough to convince some of them.

indycast

Just a reminder that Episode 60 is now up with an interview with Kyle Newman.

And as for the Toht debate - the best way to end the debate is for Sideshow to bring out a Dennis Muren figure.

indycast said:

And as for the Toht debate - the best way to end the debate is for Sideshow to bring out a Dennis Muren figure.

Make sure he doesn't have an umbrella and/or a fishing net, we'll have another debate on whether or not it's the Morton Salt Girl, or the Gordons Fisherman!

Another great cast Ed!

:dead:

Goonie

indycast said:

Right-on Ed, I'm just starting to download it now.

As for the Toht/Dennis Muren debate, a thought occured to me. If it is supposed to be Toht on the plane, did anybody check if the glasses/glass frame Dennis Muren is wearing matches those worn by Ronald Lacey? I'm going to have to pay attention to this next time I watch Raiders.:)

Jorbex

Goonie said:
As for the Toht/Dennis Muren debate, a thought occured to me. If it is supposed to be Toht on the plane, did anybody check if the glasses/glass frame Dennis Muren is wearing matches those worn by Ronald Lacey?
They don't.

28bcyzp.jpg

Like I said, there really is no resemblance whatsoever beyond the fact they both wear glasses and a hat.

And don't forget, we're also shown the spy's face clearly as he enters the plane, so no, it's not Toht.

4ienuc.jpg

The Drifter

I know this is gonna sound dumb, but I'm gonna ask anyway.
Anyone have a link for this? And can I listen to all of the past casts?