"Last Crusade" Action Figures

Lambonius

Sorcerer009 said:
FINALLY!!! LC figures have started to show up here in Tennessee!!! I went to both my Wal-Marts and one of my Targets and there they were!! (y)

I found a great paint ap of Indy w/Tie, Vogel and Elsa at the first Wal-Mart I visited. Then I headed to the Target down the street (thinking I was kidding myself that any LC figs would be there) and low and behold all six of them were there...I picked up the best paint ap of Young Indy and Henry that I could find but was unsatisfied with the only Grail Knight that was available. It looked like somebody painted his face with their eyes closed...and I'm a paint ap SNOB! :gun:

So I took a chance on the second Wal-Mart in my area (and a 25 minute drive) thinking that if the one close to my house had gotten them, then the other one might have them as well. Sure enough, they did and I found my pristinely painted Grail Knight!

ALL SIX in the space of an hour and a half! It was worth the wait! I'm glad I only spent $7 on each of them instead of the outrageous $12 - $15 per figure that I've been seeing on some of these online shops and on ebay!

:whip:

Congrats, man! I've been anxiously awaiting that day myself, though I got lucky and found several of them right off the bat when they first started showing up. That case must have been a fluke though, cause I've not seen them anywhere since (and I live in an area with 5 Walmarts, a Target, and a Toys R Us all within easy driving distance from each other--takes about 2 hours or so to hit them all in an afternoon.) Hopefully that day will come by the time the Vogel I ordered comes in the mail, so I can have backup choices in case of a bad paint app.

bonoferox

Finally found the LC wave at retail last night. They only had the Indy, which is the only one I needed, but the lines at that Wal-Mart are always ridiculous so I ended up putting it back.

Glad you found them, sorcerer (y)

DetectiveFork

bonoferox said:
Finally found the LC wave at retail last night. They only had the Indy, which is the only one I needed, but the lines at that Wal-Mart are always ridiculous so I ended up putting it back.

Glad you found them, sorcerer (y)

I think Wal-Mart's philosophy is to construct as many lanes as possible and then staff then with as few cashiers as possible. You know, because those salaries are so high.

Billy Ray

DetectiveFork said:
I think Wal-Mart's philosophy is to construct as many lanes as possible and then staff then with as few cashiers as possible. You know, because those salaries are so high.

Glad to hear these are finally showing up at Target! I only need Vogel, but I have only spotted the wave a couple of times at Wal-Mart and most of the Wal-Marts here are over loaded with waves 1 and 2 while most Targets have rather bare Indy sections.

indyclone25

i have noticed that two ---i think walmart was going after the fan base by stocking well on the toys where target took a wait and see approach ---so im hoping to see last crusade in my crestwood il store this week

Sorcerer009

I have officially seen the LC figures in not one but THREE Targets here in Nashville!

Unfortunately Target has their IJ action figures priced at $7.99 :confused:

But they are popping up at Targets nonetheless!

inky_skin

Sorcerer009 said:
Unfortunately Target has their IJ action figures priced at $7.99 :confused:

*sigh* I wish I could get a figure in a bricks-and-mortar store here for $7.99. The RRP in the UK is £6.99 ($14). I know your all going to tell me that we get Doctor Who figs etc cheaper and that it costs to import toylines, but it's still busting my wallet :(

Frankly, if we see LC figs here before September and ToD figs by Christmas, I'll be suprised.

reverendB

The Wal-Mart on 64 (North Ave) in St. Charles, IL (Chicago's far western suburbs) have a few of the LC Indy. The TRU next door has nothing new other than Mighty Muggs and the die casts. Same with the Super Target across the street. The Wal-mart and Target on Randall Road in Batavia, IL (same area) have nothing new either.

HovitosKing

I'm not hitting another Wal-Mart or Target for these things until I see everyone on this thread talking about seeing LC figures galore.

Lambonius

reverendB said:
The Wal-Mart on 64 (North Ave) in St. Charles, IL (Chicago's far western suburbs) have a few of the LC Indy. The TRU next door has nothing new other than Mighty Muggs and the die casts. Same with the Super Target across the street. The Wal-mart and Target on Randall Road in Batavia, IL (same area) have nothing new either.

Hey, that's close to my area (Dekalb, IL!) In fact, I found my Spalko and Cemetary Warrior figures at that very Walmart in St. Charles back when those two were the hardest to find. Too bad I already found an LC Indy. If you see any of the rest of the line in that area, let me know! :hat:

ChromiumBlue37

reverendB said:

This is my area, too. Hilarious.

indyclone25

yeah thats a bit of drive for me i'm farther south ---but it's nice to know that the chicago area is strting to get them

scofieldindy

I've seen them all except for Sallah and Marion Ravenwood Wal Mart in Bennington VT just got the Lost Crusade figures, they had a few of Henry ( I know that will be hard to find later on) plenty of Indy from LC and a few Spalkos a German Soliders. I got the last Vogel :) I can't wait until they make one's of Mola Ram the Big Thugee and Short Round.

Goonie

I did my weekly scouting of the local stores that have Indiana Jones stuff (Toys R Us and Walmart). No sign of any LC toys yet, however, Toys R Us finally got the Indy and Mola Ram Mighty Mugs as well as the Akator Race game. I did purchase something Indy related at Walmart, but I'll report on that in the New Acquisitions thread.

reverendB

Lambonius said:
Hey, that's close to my area (Dekalb, IL!) In fact, I found my Spalko and Cemetary Warrior figures at that very Walmart in St. Charles back when those two were the hardest to find. Too bad I already found an LC Indy. If you see any of the rest of the line in that area, let me know! :hat:

DeKalb, eh...that's really close. If I find anything (I'll probably check tomorrow) I'll let you know...oh and since you and ChromiumBlue are in this area too, I'll warn you that the Meijer at the corner of Randall and 38 on the Geneva/St.Charles border sucks. They have full pegs of the first waves...still.

Lambonius

Got my Vogel in the mail today. Paint app isn't perfect, but not bad enough to fuss over. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the figure--lots of nice little details like the cords around his shoulder and the wristband with Deutschland written on it. Perfectly scaled working holster and an almost entirely unique sculpt (as far as I can tell) make this a great addition to the collection. Now I just gotta get my hands on Henry Sr. Here's hoping I can find him at retail eventually, because I just refuse to pay 25+ dollars for him online.

Jack Panix

I received my two Grail Knights from HTS this week. Paint jobs on both were pretty decent. My order also had two each of Henry, Elsa, and Vogel, but I have no idea if and when I'll get them.

I have found Castle Brunwald Indy, Elsa, Vogel, and Young Indy at retail so now that I have the Grail Knight all I really need is Henry Sr. I hit several stores today but didn't see much but loads of the first two waves.

UIMJ

reverendB said:

:D

ChromiumBlue37 said:
This is my area, too. Hilarious.

X's 3. I've probably hit every one of those stores in the last 4 days. We've probably all been in the aisles digging side by side and never even knew it....