Unfilmed episodes of Young Indy

InexorableTash

Something I just noticed in an interview with George Lucas from Starlog 191 (June '93):

"Ultimately, the entire series, which is now about 32 hours, although I have 70 hours worth of scripts, all fits together."​

Interestingly, the 32 hours roughly corresponds to the 22 chapters (at 90 minutes each, 33 hours). At the time of the interview (into the "third season") it may have been clear that it would be drawing to a close, and Lucas may even have decided what was "in" or "out" in the final list of chapters that would be completed before calling it quits.

I also have no doubt that "70 hours worth of scripts" is only true from a certain point of view (just napkin scribblings? good enough - roll, speed, and action!). Still... hope that there are more things to discover in the archives.

The interview also briefly mentions the 5-year-old Indy concept again.

Stoo

Holy smokes! I also noticed an extremely interesting tidbit from the French interview with Ronny Coutteure in the Digital Versions thread. (THANKS, Sakis!:hat:)

In the unfilmed episode which was supposed to follow "Peacock's Eye", Remy DIES in India!:eek:

Here's what Ronny said (translated from French):
"In a future story which was written but not filmed, Indy taken by remorse, finishes by rejoining Remy and they leave together on the search for the treasure up until the moment where Remy, worn out, dies in the Indian desert.":dead:

Considering Pakistan didn't exist in 1919, it sounds to me like they would have been up near the present-day border of India and Pakistan. Lots of desert there...

T.E.Lawrence

Stoo said:
Holy smokes! I also noticed an extremely interesting tidbit from the French interview with Ronny Coutteure in the Digital Versions thread. (THANKS, Sakis!:hat:)

In the unfilmed episode which was supposed to follow "Peacock's Eye", Remy DIES in India!:eek:

Here's what Ronny said (translated from French):
"In a future story which was written but not filmed, Indy taken by remorse, finishes by rejoining Remy and they leave together on the search for the treasure up until the moment where Remy, worn out, dies in the Indian desert.":dead:

Considering Pakistan didn't exist in 1919, it sounds to me like they would have been up near the present-day border of India and Pakistan. Lots of desert there...

Wow this is a real gem. Thanks Stoo for that one.

My God, I'd love to have seen that. Would he have rejoined him in his search after a couple of years? What a tragic end to their travels that would have been

Junior Jones

I'm guessing that since it was written but not filmed it would have been one of the episodes we've seen listed, "Bombay, April 1919". The episode description for "New Guinea, March 1919" doesn't have the split between Indy and Remy which was eventually written into the end of Treasure of the Peacock's Eye, just a disagreement that would continue on into the next episode.

We need to get a look at all these "written but not filmed" scripts, so here's what I propose: We organize an elite team to infiltrate LucasFilm. I'm a white male, so I'll obviously lead the team. We need an African-American male to make wisecracks, a very attractive Hispanic female with skill in the martial arts, and someone of Asian descent to coordinate all our electronic gear and communications. A pocketful of hot dogs will take care of any guard dogs. We'll crawl through the ventilation shafts to reach the archives and take pictures of the scripts with our cell phones. Afterward we can digitally enhance the blurry cell-phone pictures so they're legible. Who's with me?

Stoo

Junior Jones said:
I'm guessing that since it was written but not filmed it would have been one of the episodes we've seen listed, "Bombay, April 1919".
Unless there was another planned episode that we don't know about, it's UNDOUBTEDLY "Bombay, April 1919". Ronny was talking about what happens immediately after "Peacock's Eye" (so that answers Jeremiah's question).
Junior Jones said:
We need to get a look at all these "written but not filmed" scripts, so here's what I propose:
I'd join you but don't fit any of the other descriptions. The role of 'white male' has already been taken!:p

Raiders90

I hope these unproduced scripts come out someday, whether in book or TV movie form.
Harrison's getting older, and with the prospect of Indy 5 fading by day by day...It might be cool to see another round of Young Indy movies or television. A different actor from SPF could play young Indy. I mean Indy has been played by 4 or 5 actors, what difference does it make if it's a different actor than SPF?

Some adventures from 1920 to 1926 would be cool.

Bahari

i wish they somehow, would continue on the series. I mean it's George Lucas were talking about here, the man known for not leaving his past work behind!

The biggest problem ofcourse is that the actors have grown older, but maybe you could at least do some episodes when Indy is like 11- 12 or something. That age would need a new actor anyways.

All I know is, it's a shame that this wonderfull series was not completed, and I think even if they can only do one more episode, they should.

lairdo

The more Clone Wars I watch, the more I am convinced they could do a heck of an Indy one set in the 1920s with Belloq as a recurring bad guy. Probably never happen, but it would be great.

Stoo

Flanders

Of all the unproduced episodes, "Flanders", has the most evidence of almost being made.

Before the series aired, Flanders was prominently featured on the map in the 1991 preview. These locations were the settings of the first production run of the show (and eventually became episodes, even if some of them were broadcast a year later). From these map locations, the only one that was never made into an episode was Flanders!

Why? What happened?:confused:

Flanders_Unproduced.jpg

lairdo

Stoo said:
Why? What happened?

Sadly, I have no idea. There were scripts for other episodes done. I am not sure there was a script for Flanders though. Is it possible that Flanders was replaced by Verdun in the season? (I know that is in France.) Le Havre did have a script, so that's another option. That's in France too though.

Raiders90

lairdo said:
Sadly, I have no idea. There were scripts for other episodes done. I am not sure there was a script for Flanders though. Is it possible that Flanders was replaced by Verdun in the season? (I know that is in France.) Le Havre did have a script, so that's another option. That's in France too though.

Will any of these scripts ever become available? Would be curious to see the scripts for the episode with Abner Ravenwood set in 1905, and the scripts of the 1920-1921 episodes where Indy first meets Belloq and begins using a whip.

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
Will any of these scripts ever become available? Would be curious to see the scripts for the episode with Abner Ravenwood set in 1905, and the scripts of the 1920-1921 episodes where Indy first meets Belloq and begins using a whip.
Maybe you made a typing error, Raiders, but the Abner episode was meant to be in 1909.:cool:
lairdo said:
Laird, it's certainly possible that a Flanders chapter was replaced by another (though, my guess would be by the Somme rather than Verdun). However, the question of it being an episode-in-the-making is a bit of an enigma.

Ever since the late '90s, I'd been seeing Flanders in internet lists of unproduced episodes (the first one I found had your name associated with it!:) But I don't hold you accountable for the Flanders inclusion) and they had the date, July 1916. Because "Le Havre" was meant to be June 1916 and Indy talks about being at Flanders in the "Somme, August 1916" episode, the July date is a natural fit. There was no reason to question it until...

When Pablo Hidalgo published his wonderful on-line article, "The Lost Chronicles of Young Indiana Jones" in 2008, I was surprised that he didn't include Flanders and started to wonder if it was only in the previous lists because of one fan's logical conjecture and that this 'information' had been spread from one webpage to the next. (Indeed, it has been repeatedly copied & pasted because the wording is always identical, including the spelling error in Jacques' name.)

Each mention I've found has exactly the same description:
"Flanders, July 1916" was to involve Indy, Remy and Jaques fighting in Flanders. The events of this episode are mentioned in "Trenches of Hell".

Then just the other day, I was re-watching the "McDonald's" preview (finding footage for a new StooTV video) and noticed the Flanders location on the map for the 1st time! Never noticed this before so my eyes popped out of my head.:D In your Master Chronology notes, July 1916 isn't one of the months with a 'no-story-content-yet' status. Both your memo and the preview are from December 1991.

So now I'm wondering if "Flanders" reached an advanced stage of development (or, possibly, an early stage of production).

Last edited:

lairdo

I went back and reread the thread (or at least scanned it). While I don't recall a script for it nor have I heard that one existed, I am guessing you are right about it being its own story. Somme is considered to be in Flanders apparently, but since there was a month-by-month plan for Indy (as I mentioned in the past) and as you point out Indy says it, we can assume that was the plan.

I just wonder when it would have been done. The series was definitely moving forward into the 20's if it had survived. I got the feeling they would have pretty much left most of WWI behind. And goodness knows how they would have done all those Corey Carrier episodes past another year or two. He looks so old and different in Tunisia and Travels with Father to me than the young kid he was when the show started.

Stoo

lairdo said:
I went back and reread the thread (or at least scanned it). While I don't recall a script for it nor have I heard that one existed, I am guessing you are right about it being its own story. Somme is considered to be in Flanders apparently, but since there was a month-by-month plan for Indy (as I mentioned in the past) and as you point out Indy says it, we can assume that was the plan.

I just wonder when it would have been done. The series was definitely moving forward into the 20's if it had survived. I got the feeling they would have pretty much left most of WWI behind.
I'm guessing that a plan for Flanders was alive in 1991 and became abandoned in 1992. (Perhaps because it was too similar to the Somme episode?:confused:)

Maybe there never was a script (which could explain why Pablo Hidalgo didn't include it in his article) but...

There is some interesting footage in the 1991 preview. Certain shots aren't in any of the episodes. One of them shows Germans troops charging out of their trenches while wearing khaki uniforms & spiked helmets. There is nothing similar to this in the series! Another one shows French troops charging towards the camera and their uniforms don't really match those seen in the Verdun episode. Very curious...especially the German charge with the spiked, 'pickelhaube' helmets.

I'll have to check the 1979 version of "All Quiet on the Western Front" again (where several shots were borrowed from) to see if these bits are in there. If they aren't, then this footage could very well be from a planned Flanders chapter. Mind you, this is all just pure speculation...
lairdo said:
And goodness knows how they would have done all those Corey Carrier episodes past another year or two. He looks so old and different in Tunisia and Travels with Father to me than the young kid he was when the show started.
Good point. For sure, the 1905 business would have required a different child actor.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The Lost Chronicles of Young Indiana Jones
By Pablo Hidalgo
April 07, 2008

New Boyhood Adventures

Though it found critical success and approval among fans and educators, the treacherous television landscape of the early '90s caused The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles to leave the air after only two seasons on ABC. Young Indy once again picked up his hat for a series of made-for-TV movies that constituted the "third season" of the series, but at one point, Lucasfilm had much more ambitious plans for young Jones. Recovered from the archives are the story synopses for the third season, dated February 8, 1993. Now, we offer no comment as to whether or not these adventures "really" happened in Indy lore, but instead surface this information for Indiana Jones fans curious as to what might have been. (Note: Episodes marked with an asterisk were actually produced. Reading the synopses may spoil the ending if you have not already seen them).

Episode #30 "Stockholm, December 1909"
Indy's Age: 10
Subject: Geography and Ecology
Characters: Selma Lagerof
Theme: Where Is Sweden?
Synopsis: In Stockholm, Indy and his parents attend the Nobel ceremony honoring the writer Selma Lagerlof. Indy falls asleep and enters a fantasy where he is only five inches high and ries around on the back of a goose getting into a series of ecological adventures with several types of wild animals.

Episode #31 "Athens, July 1910"*
Indy's Age: 9
Subject: Philosophy
Characters: Aristotle, George Santayana
Theme: What is Reality?
Synopsis: Indy visits Greece and goes off with his father to visit the Hanging Monastery. On the way, Indy gets a brief lesson from his father about philosophy and logic. Their trip to the monastery is an adventure, and there are discussions about politics, stoicism, and Aristotle. They spend time with the monks, and while his father is working, he sends Indy off to write a paper. Indy meets Santayana, who talks with him about logic. The trip down the mountain in a "cage" is another adventure and lesson in logic.
Note: This episode was actually produced, and is part of Travels with Father found in Volume 1 of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones on DVD.

Episode #32 "Russia, March 1909"*
Subject: Literature and Religion
Character: Count Lev Tolstoy
Theme: What is Good?
Indy and his parents are at a palace in Russia, where Indy gets into a lot of mischief, and his parents reprimand him several times. He runs away, with the intention of returning to New Jersey because he misses his dog. On his first night out, he meets an old man who says he is also running away. Indy "hates old people," and the man "hates young people," and they have a rivalry but set off down the same road. They ultimately become friendly and discuss what is good, honesty of living, and simplicity of life. Indy discovers that the man is Tolstoy. On their journey, they have adventures with gypsies, villagers, and Cossaks.
Note: This episode was actually produced, and is part of Travels with Father found in Volume 1 of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones on DVD.

Episode #33 "Jerusalem, June 1909"
Subject: Archaeology
Character: Montague Parker; Abner Ravenwood
Theme: Greed
Indy visits Jerusalem. His father goes off an a separate trip to visit Crusader castles. Indy is disappointed to be left behind, but Abner Ravenwood, an archeologist, invites Indy to spend time with him. Indy meets Montague Parker, who offers to let Indy work at his dig. Parker is secretly searching for the Ark of the Covenant but needs a map of the ancient tunnels, which Ravenwood has. Parker talks Indy into "borrowing" the map, which shows that the Ark is below the Temple Mount. He and his men, disguised as Arabs, enter the temple and begin excavating, but are discovered. The temple keeper brings a large mob of locals, which chases Parker's group of out of the city. Ravenwood explains to Indy that the Ark is not believed to be under the Temple Mount, but elsewhere, and someday a real archaeologist will find it.

Episode #34 "Tangiers, July 1909"*
Subject: Slavery
Character: Walter Harris; Emily Keene Wazan
Theme: Are We Animals?
On a trip to visit the Sultan of Morocco so that Indy's father may give a presentation, the family is at the home of Emily Keene Wazan. Indy meets a slave boy (Omar) owned by her, who accompanies them on the journey to Fez. Their guide is Walter Harris, who resides there. Indy begins to learn about slavery and has a discussion with his parents about it. When the boys sneak off on an adventure in Fez, they are kidnapped by slave traders. Harris disguises himself as an Arab to try to find them. He locates them at the slave auction in Marrakesh and buys them back. When the family is reuinited, Indy realizes that, while he may be free, Omar must return to slavery.
Note: This episode was actually produced, and is part of My First Adventure found in Volume 1 of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones on DVD.

Episode #35 "Geneva, May 1909"
Subject: History
Characters: Jean-Henri Dunant
Theme: What is Compassion?
Indy meets Henri Dunant, the elderly uncle of a friend, who tells him the story of the Red Cross. While on a mission to visit Louis-Napoleon in Italy to ask his assistance in a business deal, he views Louis-Napoleon and the Austrians in battle. Going across the battlefield to meet him, he sees the carnage and stops to help, the original mission forgotten. He looks for the hospital tent, which has been blow up, along with many medical people trying to save lives. Dunant formulates a plan for a neutral organization that would take care of people after a battle and would have a recognizable symbol for hospitals and medical personnel. After much work, Switzerland agrees to sponsor a conference composed of European leaders, and the Red Cross is formed.

Episode #36 "Tokyo, April 1910"
Subject: Marine Biology
Characters: Hirohito; General Nogi
Theme: What is Honor? Or Interdependence of Species
Synopsis: Indy visits Peers School in Tokyo, where his father is teaching. He meets a Samurai instructor, who will teach him the ways of Japan. They discuss the importance of education and information about Japanese society. On a trip to the coast, Indy meets a local fisherman and discusses the mystery of the ocean. Indy meets young Hirohito (age 10) and explores tide pools with him; they talk about interdependence of species. Indy and Hirohito go whale-watching and have an encounter with a shark; the Samurai exhibits bravery in saving them.

Episode #37 "Princeton, May 1905"
Indy's Age: 5
Subject: Treasure Hunt
Character: Paul Robeson; Captain Kidd
Theme: Life at Five
Synopsis: Indy is five years old, and he and his friends have a funny, charming adventure that begins with Indy organizing an event to raise money for a vase he has broken, culminating in a search for buried pirate's treasure and the capture of some hoboes who are wanted by the police.
Note: Had this episode entered production, it would have required casting a new, younger Indy. Though this story was not produced, the idea of Indy being friends with Paul Robeson resurfaced in the bridging material of the broadcast version of Travels with Father, and a new episode created as a conclusion to the Winds of Change.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The War Years

Episode #38 "Le Havre, June 1916"
Indy's Age: 16
Subject: The Law
Character: Jean Renoir; Donald Thompson
Theme: Trust
Synopsis: Indy and Remy are at basic training in the Belgian Army at Le Havre, France. Their sergeant is a very tough, nefarious character who gives all the men a difficult time, but he is particularly abusive to Indy, which angers Remy. At the end of training, the men are celebrating and drinking at a bar, and the sergeant is later found dead. Remy is charged with his murder. Indy defends him at his court martial.

Episode #39 "Ravenelle, Early February 1917"*
Indy's Age: 17
Subject: Flying
Character: Charles Nungesser, Manfred von Richthofen
Theme: [none listed]
Synopsis: Indy and Remy have joined the Belgian Espionage Corps. Remy is sent to Brussels, and Indy is assigned as an aerial reconnaissance photographer to th air base of the Lafayette Escadrille (American flying unit). He has some adventures with Charles Nungesser, a French flying ace, who is somewhat of a daredevil. Indy falls temporarily into German hands, and relays a challenge from Baron Von Richthofen to Nungesser for an air duel. Indy is unwillingly brought along and is involved in an aerial dogfight between the two pilots. On another reconnaissance flight, the American unit is attacked by the "Flying Circus," resulting in many casualties.
Note: This episode was produced, along with #40, as Attack of the Hawkmen, available on Volume 2 of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones on DVD.

Episode #40 "Ahlhorn, Late February 1917"*
Indy's Age: 17
Subject: Ethics
Character: Charles Nungesser, Anthony H.G. Fokker, Villehad Forssman
Synopsis: Indy is sent on a spy mission into Germany to persuade Fokker (who is designing planes for the Germans) to work with the Allies. He takes off in an airplane flown by Nungesser, and they are forced to make a landing in occupied Belgium, where they are assisted in fixing and refueling their plane by the Belgian underground (the White Lady spy organization). They take off again, and Indy is parachuted into Germany. He then makes his way to Ahlhorn on a train. He overhears Fokker discussing plans for the Poll Giant Triplane (which is able to cross the Atlantic) that Forssman has designed. He is unsuccessful in persuading Fokker to assist the Allies,
Note: This episode was produced (though with a modified storyline), along with #39, as Attack of the Hawkmen, available on Volume 2 of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones on DVD.

Episode #41 "Moscow, July 1919"
Indy's Age: 18
Subject: Political Science
Character: Sidney Reilly, Colonel De Vertement, Rene Marchard, Lenin, Trotsky
Synopsis: Indy is working in French Intelligence in Moscow on the eve of the Allied invasion at Archangel in North Russia. He is assigned to assist Sidney Reilly, who is working with counter-revolutionaries to try to destabilize the Bolsheviks from within. Indy encounters Rosa, whom he met in Russia in 1917; she is also working with Rielly. Indy and Reilly have dangerous encounters with the Cheka (a special commission to deal with counter-revolution) in an attempt to rescue a general who has been arrested. Reilly has a secret plan unknown to the British, French and Americans to take over Moscow, but Lenin is then shot, and all the conspirators must flee for their lives. Rosa helps Indy escape.

Meeting Belloq

Episode #42 "New Guinea, March 1919"*
Indy's Age: 19
Subject: Anthropology
Character: Bronislaw Malinowski
Theme: Ritual
Indy and Remy have been discharged from the Belgian Army and decide to go in search of treasure in the South Pacific. They have an encounter with headhunters and pirates and wrest a treasure box from them, which they think contains the Monk Diamond. In escaping, they land on an island and are captured by fierce head-hunting natives of New Guinea. They observe some of the rituals of these natives, then are traded to another tribe and eventually find themselves with a third tribe, where the famed anthropologist Bronislaw Malinowski is living and studying the Trobriand Islanders, a trading people. When they finally get the box open, it contains clues to locate the diamond. Remy decides to continue to look for the treasure, and after Indy talks with Malinowski, he leaves more resolved to return to America and pursue archaeology.
Note: This episode synopsis was changed significantly and expanded to become Treasure of the Peacock's Eye, available in Volume 3 of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones on DVD. Among the changes, the treasure became Alexander the Great's diamond, and the entire first half places the action in November, 1918, at the end of the war. As described in this unproduced third season, Indy was to have been discharged in March 1919, much closer to his return date to the U.S.

Episode #43 "Bombay, April 1919"
Subject: Political Science
Character: Rabindranath Tagore, Mahatma Gandhi
Theme: Non-Violence
Synopsis: Indy and Remy, on a stopover from New Guinea, are in Bombay, broke and down-and-out. While Remy continues to search for clues to the treasure, Indy stays with an old friend of the family (famed Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore), who gives him a job translating a book of Gandhi's. Indy hears Gandhi speak and eventually meets him at his ashram near Bombay. He witnesses riots as a result of the general repression, and he hears of the massacre by the British at Amritsar. Indy and Remy have a disagreement over continuing to look for the treasure, as Indy wants to return to college. Indy learns first-hand the price of violence.

Episode #44 "Buenos Aires, June 1919"
Subject: Dance
Character: Carlos Gardel, Jose Razzano
Theme: Attitude
Synopsis: Trying to board a ship from France to New York, Indy is robbed and beaten and ends up on a ship to Argentina. He decides to earn money as a tutor to get money for his passage to America. He meets a young Argentine man who makes his living as a tango dancer, and tutors him in English, the arts, history, etc. In exchange, the boy teaches Indy the tango. The dancer is in love with a young woman whose father thinks he will never amount to anything, and Indy helps him solve the problem. In turn, the dancer helps Indy pursue an Argentinian woman to whom he is attracted.

Episode #45 "Havana, December 1919"
Indy's Age: 20
Subject: Integration
Character: Babe Ruth, Cristobal Torriente, Adolfo Luque
Synopsis: Indy, a freshman at the University of Chicago, gets a request from his father to spend Christmas with friends in Havana. Indy meets Cristobal Torriente, and they become friends. The story revolves around an exhibition baseball game where a white American team (which includes Babe Ruth) comes to play an integrated Cuban team. Indy learns about racism in the U.S. National Leagues. During the game, Cristobal gets the chance to play against Babe Ruth. However, he knows his dream of playing in the Major Leagues will not be realized, even though he outplays Ruth.

Episode #46 "Hollywood, Early August 1920"*
Indy's Age: 21
Subject: Filmmaking
Character: Erich Von Stroheim, Irving Thalberg, Carl Laemmle
Theme: Art vs. Commerce
Synopsis: Indy is asked by Universal Studios head Carl Laemmle in New York to go out to Hollywood to be the henchman to shut down an over-budget production directed by Erich Von Stroheim. He meets Irving Thalberg, new executive at the studio, and must take on the tyrannical Von Stroheim. Indy plots how to get the film away from Von Stroheim, who discovers the reason Indy has come to Hollywood and tries to outwit him. Indy begins a friendship with a young script editor who Is working for Von Stroheim and is dedicated to her career.
Note: This episode, along with #47, were produced as "The Hollywood Follies", available in Volume 3 of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones on DVD.

Episode #47 "Newhall, Late August 1920"*
Subject: Filmmaking
Character: John Ford, Harry Carey, Wyatt Earp
Theme: Overcoming Obstacles
Synopsis: In a continuation of the Hollywood episode, Indy is need of money to return to school and goes on location with John Ford to make a western outside of Los Angeles. Because of the accidental death of one of the stars, Indy is given a major role in the film, although it is necessary for him to receive some acting lessons from Ford and Carey. He continues his relationship with the script editor he met in the previous episode. A classic two-reeler story, with a doomed love story, western footage, cowboys, stunts, etc.
Note: This episode, along with #46, were produced as "The Hollywood Follies", available in Volume 3 of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones on DVD.

Episode #48 "Honduras, December 1920"
Subject: Archaeology
Character: Herbert Spinden, Frederick Mitchell-Hedges
Synopsis: Indy is on a field trip with art historian Herbert Spindent at Mayan ruins in Honduras. They first arrive at a Honduran port and meet some Banana Republic types before they start. Indy meets Belloq for the first time, and they begin a friendly relationship. They travel to the ruins of a Mayan city, and Indy and Belloq try to decipher Mayan hieroglyphs at the ball court, as well as discussing possible rituals and sacrifices. They discover a perfect crystal skull, which Belloq steals and sells to Frederick Mitchell-Hedges, a British adventurer.
Note: Though unproduced, Belloq and the pursuit of a crystal skull would surface in the Indiana Jones novels written by Max McCoy. And, of course, a crystal skull figures prominently in the new movie, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Episode #49 "Alaska, June 1921"
Character: Nellie Cashman, Dr. Joseph Romig
Theme: None Listed
Synopsis: Indy is on an expedition with his professor, an American anthropologist, to study Eskimos in a region east of Nome near the Arctic Circle. There they meet Nellie Cashman and Dr. Joseph Romig. Indy meets the villagers, gets to know them, learns about sledding and the care of the dog team, goes on a hunt with them, and learns about their customs. The villagers are stricken by a contagious disease, and serum must be rushed to them by dog sled so that they can be inoculated.

Episode #50 "Brazil, December 1921"
Indy's Age: 22
Character: Charles Fawcett
Theme: None Listed
Synopsis: Indy and Belloq go on an adventure with Charles Fawcett to find a lost city in the jungle of the Mato Grosso region of Brazil. The trek starts in Bahia, and they come across a group of American confederates living on a plantation there, witness rituals of the Candbomble religion, and encounter fierce Indians in the interior. Indy and Belloq are captured, and they separate in their escape attempt. Indy has an adventure that relates to the lost city.
Note: Though this episode was never produced, Indy did have adventure involving a lost city discovered by Charles Fawcett in the novel, Indiana Jones and the Seven Veils.

The Young Indy Timeline, According to Three Seasons

Had the third season of Indy adventures been fully produced, this is how Indy's chronology would look like. For the episodes listed below, the DVD movie titles are listed in parenthesis, if applicable. Note that the chronology has been altered in order to accommodate these episodes appearing as two-hour movies, with formerly non-adjacent tales being paired up to fit that mold.
  • Princeton, May 1905 (Season 3: Unproduced)
  • Egypt, May 1908 (Season 1; "My First Adventure")
  • Florence, May 1908 (Season 2; "Perils of Cupid")
  • Athens, July 1908 (Season 3; "Travels with Father")
  • Paris, September 1908 (Season 2; "Passion for Life")
  • Vienna, November 1908 (Season 2; "Perils of Cupid")
  • Russia, May 1909 (Season 3; "Travels with Father")
  • Geneva, May 1909 (Season 3; Unproduced)
  • Jerusalem, June 1909 (Season 3; Unproduced)
  • Tangiers, July 1909 (Season 3; "My First Adventure")
  • British East Africa, September 1910 (Season 1; "Passion for Life")
  • Stockholm, December 1909 (Season 3; Unproduced)
  • Benares, January 1910 (Season 2; "Journey of Radiance")
  • Peking, March 1910 (Season 2; "Journey of Radiance")
  • Tokyo, April 1910 (Season 3; Unproduced)
  • Princeton, February 1916 (Season 2; "Spring Break Adventure")
  • Mexico, March 1916 (Season 1; "Spring Break Adventure")
  • Ireland, April 1916 (Season 2; "Love's Sweet Song")
  • London, May 1916 (Season 1; "Love's Sweet Song")
  • La Havre, June 1916 (Season 3; Unproduced)
  • Somme, Early August 1916 (Season 2; "Trenches of Hell")
  • Germany, Mid August 1916 (Season 2; "Trenches of Hell")
  • Verdun, September 1916 (Season 1; "Demons of Deception")
  • Paris, October 1916 (Season 2; "Demons of Deception")
  • German East Africa, November 1916 (Season 2; "Phantom Train of Doom")
  • German East Africa, December 1916 (Season 1; "Oganga: Giver and Taker of Life")
  • Congo, January 1917 (Season 1; "Oganga: Giver and Taker of Life")
  • Ravenelle, Early February 1917 (Season 3; "Attack of the Hawkmen")
  • Alhorn, Late February 1917 (Season 3; "Attack of the Hawkmen")
  • Austria, March 1917 (Season 2; "Adventures in the Secret Service")
  • Barcelona, May 1917 (Season 2; "Espionage Escapades")
  • Petrograd, July 1917 (Season 2; "Adventures in the Secret Service")
  • Prague, August 1917 (Season 2; "Espionage Escapades")
  • *Morocco, 1917 (Produced for Video; "Tales of Innocence")
  • Palestine, October 1917 (Season 2; "Daredevils in the Desert")
  • Transylvania, January 1918 (Season 2; "Masks of Evil")
  • Bombay, April 1919 (Season 3; Unproduced)
  • Northern Italy, June 1918 (Season 2; "Tales of Innocence")
  • Moscow, July 1918 (Season 3; Unproduced)
  • Istanbul, September 1918 (Season 2; "Masks of Evil")
  • New Guinea, March 1919 (Season 3; "Treasure of the Peacock's Eye")
    * As produced, this episode was moved to November, 1918
  • Paris, May 1919 (Season 2; "Winds of Change")
  • Princeton, May 1919 (Produced for Video; "Winds of Change")
  • Buenos Aires, June 1919 (Season 3; Unproduced)
  • Havana, December 1919 (Season 3; Unproduced)
  • Chicago, April 1920 (Season 2; "Mystery of the Blues")
  • Chicago, May 1920 (Season 2; "Mystery of the Blues")
  • New York, June 1920 (Season 2; "Scandal of 1920")
  • New York, July 1920 (Season 2; "Scandal of 1920")
  • Hollywood, Early August 1920 (Season 3; "Hollywood Follies")
  • Newhall, Late August 1920 (Season 3; "Hollywood Follies")
  • Honduras, December 1920 (Season 3; Unproduced)
  • Alaska, June 1921 (Season 3; Unproduced)
  • Brazil, December 1921 (Season 3; Unproduced)

Ender

Honduras and Brazil sound absolutely amazing! Belloq and Percy Fawcett! Crystal skulls and the Amazon (elements that eventually found their way in, thankfully)! A hidden Confederate plantation! I really wanna see this in some form some day.