How soon after Indy 4 will Indy 5 rumours start?

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Lucas, looking dandy with slicked-back gray and white hair in a snappy tuxedo, was a guest Thursday night at Paramount/DreamWorks's party for "Kung Fu Panda" at the 61st Cannes Film Festival...

"I haven't even told Steven or Harrison this," he said. "But I have an idea to make Shia [LeBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison [Ford] come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out.

"And it's not like Harrison is even old. I mean, he's 65 and he did everything in this movie. The old chemistry is there, and it's not like he's an old man. He's incredibly agile; he looks even better than he did 20 years ago, if you ask me." ...

You know...

ARGH! Frack ...me.

You can quote me on that, CNN and NY Times.

The Man

torao said:
You know...

ARGH! Frack ...me.

You can quote me on that, CNN and NY Times.

Everytime Shia begins to grow on you, someone opens their gob and the repulsion levels rise once more. God, if you're good and true, unleash a seven-year plague of locusts on Skywalker Ranch. Thank you.

Ska

So should we change the title of this thread...

...to "How soon BEFORE Indy 4 will Indy 5 rumours start?" ?

WillKill4Food

Jndy said:
Only fundamentalists interpret the Old Testament literally. Most Christians don't think Jonah was literally swallowed by a whale, or that Noah put one of every species on a boat, or that all of mankind descends from two people named Adam and Eve.
Jonah could have easily been swallowed by a whale. Baleen whales have no teeth and take in hundred of fish at a time. If he was fishing, he could have been swept through their baleen and kept alive in it's mouth.
Noah could have just put a set of yuong animals of each genera on a boat easily. Most species are just offshoots of a simple animal that have changed over time (that's called evolution, by the way and every scientist worth his salt believes in it).
In the early nineties, scientists were saying that all of humanity was spawned from a single African woman and her husband; they believed that they were the first homo sapiens. So, again, what's hard to believe?

Shortie

Darth Vile said:
The big clue is in the new soundtrack (last track Finale), as the Raiders March transitions into Mutt's...
Didn't TOD transition from Raiders to Shortie?

Jndy

WillKill4Food said:
Jonah could have easily been swallowed by a whale. Baleen whales have no teeth and take in hundred of fish at a time. If he was fishing, he could have been swept through their baleen and kept alive in it's mouth.
Noah could have just put a set of young animals of each genera on a boat easily. Most species are just offshoots of a simple animal that have changed over time (that's called evolution, by the way and every scientist worth his salt believes in it).
In the early nineties, scientists were saying that all of humanity was spawned from a single African woman and her husband; they believed that they were the first homo sapiens. So, again, what's hard to believe?

I'm not casting aspersions on the Bible - I'm a devout Christian myself - but many of the truths of the Old Testament are not literal truths.

There's a lot of stuff in there that just isn't scientifically accurate - from a geocentric universe to a flat Earth to sea monsters that guard the edge of the Earth.

Considering other (e.g. non-literal) readings of the Bible will probably not weaken your faith; it's greatly strengthened mine and that of others.

(I just checked online- biblical literalism is mainstream in Tennessee. So I retract my "not mainstream" comment. It isn't common in California, so my answer was a bit geographically biased.)

Montana_Jones

Well, bring on a Clone Wars-style animated series. Of course have it more mature in tone such as the early-mid 1990's Batman: TAS.(y)
I know I'd DVR if it was acted well and takes place between the end of Last Crusade and the beginning of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Here's hoping for a "The Animated Adventures of Indiana Jones!":gun:
As long as the people in charge of it adapt Fate of Atlantis, Spear of Destiny, Iron Phoenix and many other tales. I'd watch it if it were animated very well and the acting top-notch with original storylines. Of course including adaptations. Even The Infernal Machine would be apt for it. Also of course the mandatory use of sound effects from the TETRALOGY.
And for an Indiana Jones V? Well, if Fate of Atlantis would've been made into a feature film back in 1992, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull would've been the fifth Indiana Jones film. I only own the first issue of Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix anyway...

WillKill4Food

Jndy said:
There's a lot of stuff in there that just isn't scientifically accurate - from a geocentric universe to a flat Earth to sea monsters that guard the edge of the Earth.
But, in fact, those aren't even Biblical errors, just clergical errors.
The Bible never says that the Earth is the center of the Universe; the medieval church held that belief because of their extra-Biblical notions. The Bible is not contradicted here.
The Earth is correctly described as a spherical body in the Bible. Again, the church is at fault. The Bible is not contradicted here.
I don't ever remember reading the "sea monsters that guard the edge of the Earth," but, naturally, that would metaphorical. I suppose it is in Revelation, which is naturally metaphorical. Leviathans and other sea beasts are mentioned in Job; those have been interpreted as dinosaurs, rhinos, hippos, etc. But, I think the text you were alluding to is in Revelation, which is, again, obviously metaphorical. John was simply trying to describe the vision given to him by God. As the vision was of the future and his vocabulary was limited, John was only able to describe it metaphorically.
Jndy said:
Considering other (e.g. non-literal) readings of the Bible will probably not weaken your faith; it's greatly strengthened mine and that of others.
(I just checked online- biblical literalism is mainstream in Tennessee. So I retract my "not mainstream" comment. It isn't common in California, so my answer was a bit geographically biased.)
I know, and I know what you mean. Again, the Tree of Life is most likely metaphorical, but I don't think Jonah or Noah's Ark are, at least not entirely. I was just saying that most of those who follow a faith stemming from Abraham generally interpret the Bible literally. Not so much in Western America, but in Eastern America, the Middle East, Central America, converted areas of Asia, and rural Europe literal interpretations are the most common.

Back to topic, I read somewhere that Lucas himself had said Harrison would probably take a backseat to Mutt in Indy 5. That sucks. Someone needs to choke his fat neck for that....just kidding.:rolleyes:

Nerdpants

I'm seeing May 22nd 2008 as the final destination in a decade long journey to get Indy back on the big screen, but perhaps,instead, it will be the start of the Indy 5 journey?

I'm fairly certain Indy 5 will never happen, at least not with Ford attached, but once Indy 4 has been and gone, and we've all seen it on the big screen a dozen times and reflected on how good/bad it was, will our hope, our obsessive hope, turn to waiting for an Indy 5, will Lucas and Spielberg tempt us with throwaway comments about there being just one more adventure for Indy?

Personally, I certainly hope not, I've had enough of blind hope, it's payed off this time but I wouldn't want to go through the decades of development again...
Looks like you got that wrong @fedoraboy.

We are getting years of Indy 5 with Ford attached and unfortunately, we went through at least a decade of development hell.

Its a good thing Ford is relatively young otherwise this might of been an issue! 😀

Randy_Flagg

Anytime I see this image of ford, I get excited. He’s old, but so what. He looks good! I wanna see what a post crystal skull Indy movie looks like. Will it feel like a spiritual successor, feeling more in line with the original three? Who knows, I’m excited
One of the things I'm most curious about is what Indy's personality will be. In KOTCS, they really leaned into the idea that he was turning into his father, with Indy being concerned that "somebody's going to get hurt!" and uttering phrases like "Intolerable!", etc. This was a far cry from the personality he had in the previous films, where he was usually the one coming up with the crazy ideas.
While it kind of made sense to give him that personality in KOTCS, I would rather see more of the reckless Indy that made the previous films so entertaining. But I'm not sure how they could do that without just ignoring KOTCS. I suppose they could explain that family life was starting to get boring for him, and he's feeling restless and eager to experience some adventure/danger again.

Face_Melt

One of the things I'm most curious about is what Indy's personality will be. In KOTCS, they really leaned into the idea that he was turning into his father, with Indy being concerned that "somebody's going to get hurt!" and uttering phrases like "Intolerable!", etc. This was a far cry from the personality he had in the previous films, where he was usually the one coming up with the crazy ideas.
While it kind of made sense to give him that personality in KOTCS, I would rather see more of the reckless Indy that made the previous films so entertaining. But I'm not sure how they could do that without just ignoring KOTCS. I suppose they could explain that family life was starting to get boring for him, and he's feeling restless and eager to experience some adventure/danger again.
Indy was pretty reckless in Crystal Skull too though.

“I’d cover my ears if I were you.”

Randy_Flagg

Indy was pretty reckless in Crystal Skull too though.

“I’d cover my ears if I were you.”
He still had elements of that recklessness, but overall, he seemed much more cautious than he was in the previous films. He certainly didn't seem like a guy who would cut a rope bridge in half. If that scene took place in KOTCS, Mutt or Marion would attempt to cut the bridge in half, and Indy would be saying, "Bad idea! Somebody's going to get hurt!"

IndianaBones

Well considering the leaks, looks like Indy is back to making the crazy decisions again. AHEM *Glasgow* lol

fedoraboy

Looks like you got that wrong @fedoraboy.

We are getting years of Indy 5 with Ford attached and unfortunately, we went through at least a decade of development hell.

Its a good thing Ford is relatively young otherwise this might of been an issue! 😀
Ha - good find digging this up! I suppose everyone is allowed to be wrong once every 15 years! :hat: