Mutt: The Gay Blade?

If Mutt is to play a part in any subsequent movie(s), it would be best if he was...

• Heterosexual

Votes: 45 66.2%
  • Homosexual

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Bisexual

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters

Dyonus

Rocket Surgeon said:
He hated Willie

Um...who doesn't? (Except Steven Spielberg, obviously!)

Rocket Surgeon said:
Told Indy he loved him, while flaming him.
As a guardian. Indy's been taking care of him for a little while. There's going to be some attachment there. Takes a perverted mind to see that as anything, but love for a guardian.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Gave the Maharaja THAT smile
Pretty sure he was just pandering to royalty.

Rocket Surgeon said:
and had the elephant hose Willie and Indy down so he wouldn't have to see his man crush kissing a girl!

Obviously you've never worked with children. I showed a group of fifth graders a movie that had some minor kissing in it and they all "eeewwwwed" at it. Pretty sure Shorty is younger than that.

I know you're be facetious, but your facts can all be debunked!

Dyonus said:
Um...who doesn't? (Except Steven Spielberg, obviously!)
As a guardian. Indy's been taking care of him for a little while. There's going to be some attachment there. Takes a perverted mind to see that as anything, but love for a guardian.Pretty sure he was just pandering to royalty.
Obviously you've never worked with children. I showed a group of fifth graders a movie that had some minor kissing in it and they all "eeewwwwed" at it. Pretty sure Shorty is younger than that.I know you're be facetious, but your facts can all be debunked!

You've given alternate explanations but you have not exposed falseness, I realise these are all hyper exaggerated claims. We've gone over this on another thread, I'm sorry to have perpetuated it here but simply felt compelled to say, "no".

I have no interest as Stoo points out: going down Perverted Road. But once we started stumbling down the path the hard line nay sayers turned the snowflake into an avalanche. It was easy pickins...almost too easy and ripe for humor. Plus it took the conversation to a different place. Always interesting to see who will jump on the ranking bandwagon and who will contribute to a treatese on first amendment rights. Interesting to see the passions on people played out. When people stop being polite... and start getting real! (HA had to end with THAT turd!).

Indy's brother

Normally I'd pass on this sort of thing, but what the hell.

Mutt is straight, but he's trying a little too hard. Biker jacket, perfect hair, motorcycle, overly butch cap. It's not that he's overcompensating, I just think that it's because he's trying to convince himself just how straight he is. It would take only a nudge to send him reeling into experimentation. Like, oh, I dunno, finding out that the man that he thought was his father, and grew up trying to gender identify with, wasn't who Mutt thought he was. That some exceedingly macho hero/stranger was his biological father. I think he would at that point begin to question how he viewed himself and be easily persuaded into another realm. Not saying he'd stay there. He would just be a confused young man for the duration of Indy 5.:p :p :p ;) ;) ;)

Gear

Raiders of Clay said:
What's he going to do, go into a jungle with a pink Hollister t-shirt on.

So as not to exacerbated them, I'll refrain from a B0raT or Bruno zinger. Plus, they're not my material.

... Another day then

Idunno. I've always felt that far too much concern is penetrated into sexuality, much like religion and the like, when there are other greater pressure points that require our attention. But I know perfectly well that this thread means no infringement on anyone's... circle. It's just casual key fingering talk, and what's a quick one between lapses of boredom?

Mutt came off much like how Indy's Brother described, he's a insecure person who tries to hide his vulnerability behind the tough guy persona; trying to prove his manliness, and traditionally that would encompass being strictly heterosexual. But a house made of fake timber will fall, and it will do so either in a heap of identity issues and/or self destructiveness or it will be demolished to make way for a seasoned, sagged young man.

Either way, it's rumored that in Indy 5, Mutt makes a thread about his young, angsty love for a special girl/boy back at school.

Dark Horse

Maybe this thread is a cliché, but not as much so as someone posting about it calling folk (who are obviously having a lighthearted joke) Aggressive and homophobic. :gun:

BadDates

Dark Horse said:
Maybe this thread is a cliché, but not as much so as someone posting about it calling folk (who are obviously having a lighthearted joke) Aggressive and homophobic. :gun:

I beg to differ; saying this sort of stuff is definitely more of a cliché than standing up to it. Also, as a joke, it's pretty weak.

There's nothing lighthearted about hateful terms like "arse bandit". I guess you've never been on the receiving end of homophobic hostility yourself?

I wouldn't normally bother commenting on prejudice on an internet forum (hey, the web's awash with it) but I happen to member of this one and reading stuff like the opinion voiced earlier in this thread that "Gay culture has affected everything else in this country" makes me feel a bit ashamed to belong.

Just voicing my opinion.

Dark Horse

Yeah, I've never had anyone say anything bad about me because I live in a glass sealed bubble surrounded by security and only talk to an infinite army of arse kissers and fops. :rolleyes:

Of course I've been called names and stuff. It's because I can take stuff on the chin that I think allows me to make light hearted comments about others. I certainly don't mean to offend. I know if I want to offend someone, then I can come up with an insult that leaves no room for speculation.
If they take offence at a joke, then too bad. Society today is being ruined by folk wanting to be special and have anything remotely derogatory removed from public behaviour. Words become tabboo overnight, only for the same crying, whining no-goods to begin a crusade about another possibly offensive term the day after.

There's not many things that **** me off more than minorities getting words and expressions banned, yet at the same time being perfectly ok and cool to use themselves (especially in the public eye). It's just an excuse to do exactly the opposite of what they were crusading for in the first place - "it's ok for us to say it but you can't" What kind of BS world do we live in where attitudes like this are accepable? For example, if this was a gay forum, then everyone would be having a laugh and a joke, and I'm sure many more overtly offensive terms would have been employed.

So instead of being overly PC and generally trolling an obvious joke thread, why don't you take your campaign of anti-bullying to where it might be appropriate (i.e. not here).
If you're ashamed to be here then leave. :gun:

BadDates

Dark Horse said:
Yeah, I've never had anyone say anything bad about me because I live in a glass sealed bubble surrounded by security and only talk to an infinite army of arse kissers and fops. :rolleyes:

I was actually being a little ironic... .

Dark Horse said:
Of course I've been called names and stuff. It's because I can take stuff on the chin that I think allows me to make light hearted comments about others.

Allows you eh? I certainly don't think that being bullied at school would allow me to bully someone else, for example. But whatever.

Dark Horse said:
Society today is being ruined by folk wanting to be special and have anything remotely derogatory removed from public behaviour. Words become tabboo overnight, only for the same crying, whining no-goods to begin a crusade about another possibly offensive term the day after.

Just remember that the internet is a public place and I guarantee that out of all the thousands of people who casually browse The Raven, in addition to the active members, someone, somewhere will have been a little saddened at this thread. If you'd feel comfortable saying "arse bandit" in, say, a crowded train carriage, then fine, that's freedom of speech. However, if you care at all about other people's feelings, please remember that while internet forums may seem like a private chat among friends, they really aren't.

Dark Horse said:
There's not many things that **** me off more than minorities getting words and expressions banned, yet at the same time being perfectly ok and cool to use themselves (especially in the public eye). It's just an excuse to do exactly the opposite of what they were crusading for in the first place - "it's ok for us to say it but you can't" What kind of BS world do we live in where attitudes like this are accepable? For example, if this was a gay forum, then everyone would be having a laugh and a joke, and I'm sure many more overtly offensive terms would have been employed.

It's not the term, it's the sentiment.

Dark Horse said:
So instead of being overly PC and generally trolling an obvious joke thread, why don't you take your campaign of anti-bullying to where it might be appropriate (i.e. not here).
If you're ashamed to be here then leave. :gun:

You call it trolling if you like; I call it standing up for my principles. I actually wouldn't have bothered replying to your post if you hadn't called me a troll. Let's just drop it, OK? You carry on with this sidesplittingly funny thread and I'll get back to being a 'crying, whining no-good'.

Last edited:

Indy's brother

BadDates, no one here is attacking you or homosexuality. You chose to take up a crusade against a thread where people are lampooning a fictional character. Even the post that you took the most offense to (about gay culture affecting everything else in this country) should be a badge of honor for you if it's true.

If you choose to read more into these comments than what's really there, neither I nor anyone else can stop you, I guess. Which is a shame. Considering how few openly gay members we have here, I am disappointed that your only contribution to a thread about the possibility of a gay character in the Indyverse was to argue about people talking about it*, rather than lending an insight or opinion on the subject. No matter how silly, pointless, and benign the subject is.

If you want people who have a negative opinion about homosexuality or gay culture to change their minds, then coming into this thread in "attack mode" is probably the worst approach you could have chosen.

*if the internet existed 30 years ago, do you think that this thread topic would have even been discussed as openly as it has here? Or that this many people would have bothered to read it and or chime in? As a world culture, great strides have been made towards acceptance of the gay community. Being able to talk openly about a gay subject is a part of that process. Again, no matter how silly, pointless, and benign the subject is.

BadDates

Indy's brother said:
BadDates, no one here is attacking you or homosexuality. You are choosing to take up a crusade against a thread where people are lampooning a fictional character. Even the post that you took the most offense to (about gay culture affecting everything else in this country) should be a badge of honor for you if it's true.

If you choose to read more into these comments than what's really there, neither I nor anyone else can stop you, I guess. Which is a shame. Considering how few openly gay members we have here, I am disappointed that your only contribution to a thread about the possibility of a gay character in the Indyverse was to argue about people talking about it*, rather than lending an insight or opinion on the subject. No matter how silly, pointless, and benign the subject is.

If you want people who have a negative opinion about homosexuality or gay culture to change their minds, then coming into this thread in "attack mode" is probably the worst approach you could have chosen.

*if the internet existed 30 years ago, do you think that this thread topic would have even been discussed as openly as it has here? Or that this many people would have bothered to read it and or chime in? As a world culture, great strides have been made towards acceptance of the gay community. Being able to talk openly about a gay subject is a part of that process. Again, no matter how silly, pointless, and benign the subject is.

It's interesting that you seem to assume from my posts that I'm gay. I'm not, as it happens, I just dislike prejudice. In any case, your post was very reasonable so thanks indeed for your contribution. Of course, I'm well aware that no minds are going to be changed by way of an internet forum thread, but I felt that just for once I'd chip in. I've been reading The Raven for quite a few years and eventually felt bold enough to join a couple of years back and make a few humble contributions. I feel involved in this site and proud to be a member of such a great forum, where so many interesting discussions take place. However, now and again over the years I've read things that I thought were offensive. Just a tiny minority of posts, but I found that they left something of a sour taste. This time I just felt moved to say something to defend what I consider to be the decent thing, before clicking elsewhere and reading another thread. I didn't mean to pick a fight with anyone; I actually expected to be ignored. I just want to drop this now as it's making me feel a bit stressed out.

Indy's brother

Consider it dropped, I must've blanked out while reading your previous comment to Dark Horse about leaving it alone. Had I paid closer attention, I probably wouldn't have typed my last post. So, sorry.

I did want to clear up any misunderstanding about one thing. I didn't assume you were gay because your were standing up for gay rights, I must have misread your use of the word "belong" in this portion of your post.

BadDates said:
I wouldn't normally bother commenting on prejudice on an internet forum (hey, the web's awash with it) but I happen to member of this one and reading stuff like the opinion voiced earlier in this thread that "Gay culture has affected everything else in this country" makes me feel a bit ashamed to belong.

Now I know you meant "belonging to this forum".

kongisking

This thread is obviously another excuse to rail on Shia and his character. You can't fool us, Man. And even if you did make this thread out of-ahem-innocence, you knew full well that the subject would be a rallying cry for Mutt haters.

Stop seeding your KOTCS hate on this website; it becomes hurtful, annoying, frustrating and unbelievably amusing all at once for those who actually (get ready for it...) loved KOTCS (MASS STAMPEDE FOR THE EXITS!!!!!).

Yes, I am in a bad mood. I guess I just need a nap...

Indy's brother

The Man said:
Given recent revelations, perhaps Mutt should simply shag Marion...

Wow. The kid has some serious issues. That link and the following the link from there to the other story about him being a peeping tom really takes the shine off of his boyish charm. He's a lecherous perv!!

The Man

22948.png

"I'm keeping you two apart. That sh!t's illegal!"