Could you be Indiana Jones?

col.dietrich

I can crack a whip :whip: , I have hiked the mountains of Austria :hat: , and I loved climbing up the caves and on the high ledges at the cliffs in Flamborough :D . But I might suck at the spiders. snakes, and truck chases:(

indyt

Thundermug said:
Yup, that certainly helps. I've been to the mountains of Jamaica and to South Korea on missions trips. Also to the Chicago area, but I grew up in Peoria, so its not all that exotic.

Where have you served?

The Phillipines and surrounding islands, countries in South America, China, central America, Netherlands, Carribean and for the last two years I have had two trips to Israel. I will be in Israel again this October to serve in our foodbank. Lots of great adventures in Israel!

Great to hear that you are a fan of missions. I will pray for your future travels!

Willie

I think I could be. If Indy was a gal. ;) I like adventure and traveling to exotic places and have always wanted to be an archaeologist. My favorite exhibits at the museums are the Mummies and the dinosaurs! I think I could crack a whip, I took some fencing classes a while back. ;)

RedeemedChild

Why can't Lucas and Spielberg get Josh Bernstein of "Digging for the Truth" to cast Indiana Jones or his successor?

Josh_cave.jpg

After all Digging for the Truth was in a way a parody of Indiana Jones.

Goodeknight

RedeemedChild said:
Why can't Lucas and Spielberg get Josh Bernstein of "Digging for the Truth" to cast Indiana Jones or his successor?

After all Digging for the Truth was in a way a parody of Indiana Jones.

Perhaps because Bernstein is a total poser??

RedeemedChild

goodeknight said:
Perhaps because Bernstein is a total poser??

Actually if you watch the different trailers and clips of Josh Bernstein in Digging For The Truth you might have a different opinion. Bernstein's acting talent is quite impressive though not as good as that of Harrison Ford but better than those of Shia LaBeouf.

Goodeknight

RedeemedChild said:
Actually if you watch the different trailers and clips of Josh Bernstein in Digging For The Truth you might have a different opinion. Bernstein's acting talent is quite impressive though not as good as that of Harrison Ford but better than those of Shia LaBeouf.
Perhaps you're right, RC. I just think Bernstein is way too much of the Pretty Boy of Archaeology. Teeth whitener, exactly 3.5 days of manicured scruff, and an outfit that is more costume than clothing. He should at least ditch the shoulder bag. He's trying too hard. (n)

bingothehutt said:
I'll put in my answer -- NO! haha. I'm near 40,...

What does being near 40 have to do with it?! Harrison Ford was near 40 in Raider's of the Lost Ark and was over 40 in the other movies, he was 65 in KOTCS and with him being 68 now there is still talk of Indy 5!

Indiana Jones actually is nice because his character is never portrayed as really young (outside of young Indy) unlike alot of hollywood movies that focus on teenage or twenty something characters and idolizing youth. When we are introduced to Indy in ROTLA he is already approaching middle age (its not the years honey, its the mileage) and in KOTCS he is contemplating old age and mortality.

I am only 29 years old and laugh at people my age talking about how they are "old" and realize I am still nine years younger than Harrison Ford was in ROTLA and roughly the same age as the Indy character. In terms of everything else I would like to think I could be like Indiana Jones, I am pretty physically fit, I pretty much walk everywhere or ride my bike since I live in the city and don't have a car. Like Indy I was a boy scout (Eagle Scout), So a trek through a wilderness/jungle/desert isnt that far fetched for me. I have never been in death defying situations like Indy, I would like to think I would have my wits about me and not panic in such a situation. On one hand I hope to not be in a situation where I would have to be a hero and risk my life but on the other hand its a nice thought to be one if it ever really did happen.

China Jim

Could you be Indiana Jones

First off Josh is a degree archaeologist check out his Bio and he was and I hope still as dedicated as he was in the series better than that chap on Sci-Fi on Destination Truth. I read the comments about his clothes but then again Dr. Hawass always dresses the same in the field. Now about the subject of this letter a hero is not designated by his dress or quips he uses, a hero as Rudyard Kipling says is the one who keeps his head while others are loosing theirs see his poem To Be A Man. Also as a famous saying goes and I think the quote is in the book edition of Star Wars "A hero is some one braver than the rest for 30 seconds longer" or something to that effect A hero can be a father to his son or a person helping a elderly person You dont need a costume to be a hero a hero is what you are inside it is how you feel after the deed is done and most of all a real hero like Indy craves no public recognition the simple thank you is enough and that is my feelings IMHO.
Study, Learn, and Remember
J.M. Campbell.