Finally met Harrison Ford

bonoferox

Had the chance and memory of a lifetime to meet the man himself at an awards ceremony gala in downtown Indianapolis.
Harrison received an award and also presented one to his friend, Russ Mittermeier for their work in conservation.
Another Raven board member and great friend was there with me for an experience neither he or I will ever forget.

(excuse the Imgur border as I couldn't get it to work otherwise)

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/5PHgi5o"><a href="//imgur.com/5PHgi5o"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ThrowMeTheWhip

Cheers, bud! Congrats!

Thanks for sharing this with me earlier.

I hadn?t gotten around to asking yet in the private message, what was the occasion through which you met him?

Grizzlor

Well, I FINALLY had my own Harrison encounter, that resulted in a selfie that is! Harrison comes to New York City here and there, but he's usually mobbed by autograph seekers. He does sign for them, but getting a photo is not easy. In September of 2019 he was here again, for a United Nations climate summit. I figured out where he was staying through a photographer friend, and took a day off work and the train into Manhattan from NJ. Harrison likes to walk all over the place, but man he's fast as heck though. Anyway, this trip he refused to sign for anyone, so the usual autograph hoard wasn't on him. He was doing selfies here and there. Anywho, he and a companion walked to lunch I guess, and the pack followed. He stopped and growled at them, ha ha. I went up and asked for a photo, and he goes, "in the time it took you to ask you..." and something about "hey it's your sidewalk same as mine." I took the photo, but unfortunately it was pretty blurry as we were both walking. What was funny was I snapped it and then he stopped. I didn't want to be rude and do it again (probably should have), nor did i know it was blurry. So I thanked him for his leadership/voice on climate change. He then extends his hand, and I actually shook the hand of Indiana Jones! What a moment! I ran the photo through an AI photo app called Remini, and then touched it up in Photoshop and it's not bad now.

49277088817_d198424e3d_z.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Here's his speech at that 2019 summit.
“There’s a new force of nature at hand, stirring all over the world. They are the young people whom frankly we have failed, who are angry, who are organized, who are capable of making a difference. They are a moral army. The most important thing we can do for them is get the hell out of their way.”