Saucer Men From Mars script

OhioJones

Does anyone happen to have this script?

it sounds like an intresting read but I havnt been able to find it.

Plus from what we know of Indy IV a lot of elements sound like they have been taken from this script.

(Late 40's, new enemys, old girls, etc.)

So again I was wondering if anyone had this script.

Last edited:

Grimdiana Bones

OhioJones said:
Does anyone happen to have this script?

it sounds like an intresting read but I havnt been able to find it.

Plus from what we know of Indy IV a lot of elements sound like they have been taken from this script.

(Late 40's, new enemys, old girls, etc.)

So again I was wondering if anyone had this script.

Huh? Is this a real script?? :confused:

OhioJones

Yes it is. I know the title throws you but it is supposed to be good.

Its an old one though (1998?) but it is real!

OhioJones

I do to. Im hoping I can find it by next Wednesday(20th), before I go on a long trip. :whip:

I want something to read on the plane ride (when im not dosing off with my fedora over my head :cool: )

Last edited:

Paden

I don't know if the script is available online, but a synopsis of the story is available here. I for one am glad this one didn't get made. The atomic bomb/refrigerator sequence is...astounding. :rolleyes:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
TheRaider could purchase Jeb Stuart's script from this guy for $15. I'd be willing to chip in.
http://www.scripthouse.com/alpha-index-I.htm
Can a PDF file be easily transcribed? I'd do it myself for the group if I knew how. 'Monkey King' was a great read, and 'Saucer Men' couldn't be worse than some of the novels...

Paden

temple of john said:
Hell would freeze over before Lucas would do that...hopefully.
But what if...

What if all the publicity and talk about Darabont and Nathanson has just been a ruse? What if Saucermen is the next Indy IV, and Lucas, knowing that the script has been leaked, has been concocting story after story for the entertainment media, greasing some palms here and there to keep things quiet and maintain the false front? What if Spielberg's Lincoln project is just a cover for the filming of Indy IV, meant to hide the film's production from curious reporters and fans? What if in 2007-2008, we're greeted with the surprise announcement that the final installment is finished, and we're faced with the prospect of spending two hours with an old, married Indy, radiation proof refrigerators, and a host of little green men?

You can almost hear the diabolical laughter echoing through the halls of Lucasfilm, Ltd.

;) :p :rolleyes:

Last edited:

indyt

Where are you going on your trip Ohio, ( if I may ask, I wasnet trying to get personnel) I thought you may be going somewhere on an adventure. We all sure need it waiting for indy 4 to come out.

OhioJones

We'll im off to Europe, A bit of research, a bit of Vacation. Rome, London, Paris...ETC. Then I head of to Hilton Head Island for relaxation. Thats about 4 weeks of Travel.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
10 years ago Lucas wanted to make a schlocky retro sci-fi drive-in B-movie, so he commissioned the "Saucer Men from Mars" script. It stalled, so he wrote and directed "Attack of the Clones" instead. We should be grateful the standards for Indy scripts are so high, and Lucas has an outlet for his side projects.