Best Indy comic story arc?

chapter11

Any thoughts about the best story arc from either the Marvel or Dark Horse run? I suppose we can include Young Indy Chronicles comics in here too, for the sake of discussion.

Also, totally unrelated question: Did Short Round ever appear in either the Marvel or Dark Horse series? I vaguely recall seeing Shorty in the Marvel run, but can't recall any details...

Methos

I would certainly be interested to read other's views on this. I've got the entire Marvel run but haven't read them in ages. I just might dig into them again, now that I'm re-reading the American release novels as well. I do recall that Shorty did make a very brief appearance in the Marvel run. Methinks there's a thread specifically about that appearance as well. I'll be sure to post here, once I've re-read my 'old Marvel Indy comics.:hat:

chapter11 said:
Any thoughts about the best story arc from either the Marvel or Dark Horse run? I suppose we can include Young Indy Chronicles comics in here too, for the sake of discussion.

Also, totally unrelated question: Did Short Round ever appear in either the Marvel or Dark Horse series? I vaguely recall seeing Shorty in the Marvel run, but can't recall any details...

No, no Shorty... I have ALMOST all of the Marvel comics (there were only 36).. but I have enough to know there was no Shorty as I have at least one issue from every story. I'm only missing 5 total. But any rate, the only Marvel Short Round made an appearance in was the Temple adaptation.

Marion was in a lot of the Marvel comics though.

Methos

ResidentAlien said:
No, no Shorty... I have ALMOST all of the Marvel comics (there were only 36).. but I have enough to know there was no Shorty as I have at least one issue from every story. I'm only missing 5 total. But any rate, the only Marvel Short Round made an appearance in was the Temple adaptation.

Marion was in a lot of the Marvel comics though.

Check out this thread, http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=7766 , as it apparantly claims that Shorty did feature briefly in issues #26 and #27. I'll see if I can put some scans up for ya guys in the coming days, to confirm this.

Methos said:
Check out this thread, http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=7766 , as it apparantly claims that Shorty did feature briefly in issues #26 and #27. I'll see if I can put some scans up for ya guys in the coming days, to confirm this.

Heh. I have both of those issues and I know I read them recently... I read all the issues I had like 2 months ago...

Ok, lemme go grab 'em and skim through. I'll get back to you in 2 seconds.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well, I like the one about the Idol post Raiders in the Marvel Run (coz it's the only issue that I have with Marion in it) and I've only got the freakin first part!!! That's why I hope those omnibuses for the Marvel and Dark Horse runs are released in Australia. So I don't have to go collecting forever.

chapter11

ResidentAlien said:
Heh. So he is. He's in 3 panels in Issue 26. Strange that I didn't remember that. Well, I stand corrected.

Interesting. Would you mind summarizing his appearance? I suppose not much happened in three panels, but was it explained where he's been since ToD? Thanks!

chapter11 said:
Interesting. Would you mind summarizing his appearance? I suppose not much happened in three panels, but was it explained where he's been since ToD? Thanks!

I'll re-read that comic tonight and write a brief summary.

HovitosKing

I only have issues 1-10 and 26 of the Further Adventures, and haven't read them in about 10 years. For those of you with some Dark Horse knowledge, which of those arcs do you like best?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I got FoA 1, 2 & 4, Sargossi Pirates 3 and Arms of Gold 4. I must say from the looks of the ones I have (not counting FoA as that's an adaptation) Sargossi is pretty good, but the pirates are done the old swashbuckling way so in a way, a bit strange. I always wanted to read the Spear of Destiny issues. However, as far as fan stuff I LOVE THE STAFF OF MOSES here at TR.N!(y)

HovitosKing

i check eBay all the time for Indy comics, and I've noticed a few things:

1. There are ALWAYS lots of Further Adventures listed, especially issues 1 and 2

2. There are ALWAYS full-run Temple of Doom sets listed

3. There are RARELY Last Crusade issues listed

4. There are SOMETIMES various DH sets listed, but mostly FoA

5. There are SOMETIMES Raiders issues listed, but LESS OFTEN/RARELY the full-run

Anyone know which issues/sets are more rare than others? None of them are worth much according to price guides, but some seem a lot harder to find than others. Thanks.

I don't think they're worth anything at all, really. The Marvel run was plagued by bad artistry... they're really just mediocre comics. Even at the time of their release, if memory serves, they were considered to be pretty poorly produced. But I still enjoy them...

HovitosKing

yeah, as i recall they were fun to read, but not that great as far as plots or artwork go. DH had some great artwork, but i don't know much at all about the plots. personally, i'd like to see some artwork reminiscent of the Elektra: Assassin series from the mid-late 80's for the upcoming series. that was some sharp artwork. now if DH will only stay focused on solid plots and writing...

sunshinestate1992

raiders :the sentinel

does
anyone have the raiders of the lost ark movie adaptation
from marvel i do in the back it has two promotional images for further adventures of indiana jones
but it was orginialy titles raiders

like "raiders the the ikons of ikamani
and "raiders :the sentinel
there are cool