• Donovan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vogel

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Kazim

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Wu Han

Votes: 35 24.8%
  • Other (Either my choice wasn't listed, or I don't care that they all died)

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters

The Drifter

I picked the monkey.
Sure, it may have gave away Marion's position in the basket. But, when Indy thought Marion was dead and was drinking in the street; the little monkey showed remorse for what it had done. It tried to give Indy comfort.

Poor thing was just hungry when it died. All it wanted was some dates. It own damn owner ended up poisoning it.

Jack Nelligan

Andy Jones said:
They should never have killed of Elsa!(n)

Is Elsa really dead???? Didn?t she fall into a crevasse with the Holy Grail? Doesn?t that mean that she could conceivably still be alive if she was able to drink from the Grail while in the crevasse? ;) Food for thought! Bring on Indy V and Elsa!!!(y)

I selected the SS-Standartenführer because it would've been great to allow for the possibility of his return in a later installment.

avidfilmbuff

I would save either Wu Han, the Kali victim, or Kazim, why? Well to echo Steve Ditko's sentiments, they are the only ones on the list who were innocent. I refuse to show compassion to the guilty for it would be an insult to their victims. All the other characters made their choices, they chose to murder and steal and their deaths were directly caused by their actions. However, according to the novelization of Temple of Doom, Mola Ram may have been under the black sleep of Kali, and if that were so, I would have saved him as well.

However, when it comes to reviewing, analyzing, and appreciating films, I never use my personal philosophies. As a film lover I always find it infuriating that someone may dislike the Passion of the Christ, not because they find the film to be poorly made, but because they are not a Christian; or if a Capitalist refuses to give The Battleship Potemkin a chance because it's Soviet propaganda. So coming from that perspective, I wouldn't change a single second of these films in order to save any of these fictitious characters "lives."

p.s. I mention Steve Ditko even though Tintin is the only comic I've ever read. I learned about Ditko through a BBC documentary.

Last edited:

Brooke Logan

Elsa, so she could come back and compete with Marion for Indy.:)

I still like to think she could have survived that fall.

And if not her, then the monkey. I love animals.:D

I Don Quixote

Not that monkey! That thing is evil! I'm sure you've noticed its "Heil Hitler." And also how it ratted out Marion.
I chose Kazim because when he died, he was trying to protect the grail from harm's way, and in the process died a bloody death. :(

Brooke Logan

I said:
Not that monkey! That thing is evil! I'm sure you've noticed its "Heil Hitler." And also how it ratted out Marion.
I chose Kazim because when he died, he was trying to protect the grail from harm's way, and in the process died a bloody death. :(

But I feel like it was the fault of it's trainer. I always look at it as animals don't know any better.XD

It was sad when Kazim died, and re: a previous post, the victim of Mola Ram in the sacrifice.