Things you'd love to see...

Indy_Chic

Violet Indy said:
I'd love to see the Raven's Nest as a set piece! And the Russians burn it down, when Indy tries to save Marion. Then it would be like:

Marion:
(LOOKING AT HER CLUB ON FIRE)
NO! Not again!
(TURNS TO INDY)
This is your fault! Every time you come back, my place gets burnt down!

Indy:
I didn't do it! I never did! It was the Russians! And the Nazis before that!

Marion:
It's always the Russians! It's always Nazis! Who else would you like to blame?

Indy:
Can I blame it on the boy?

Haha! I love your idea! That would be a fun scene to watch for sure!

Nightshade007 said:
Or...

We could let the cast members keep their clothes on.

I say keep everyone clothed....except Harrison. (y) Ok, I better stop now before this thread accidently becomes an official petition for the cast members of Indy IV to remove their clothes. LOL :p

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I prefer it if all of them over the age of 25 and over 18 keeps their clothes on... Think about it. There's a double-meaning there... damn, no evil emoticon.

kongisking

IndyJr. said:
Come here to express your own ideas about fight scenes, critter scenes and plots. Just come here to discuss your own ideas about anything!

Here's some of my own. You know how their filming in Hawaii? Well what if the film starts off with him searching for some artifact (Hovito Idol (Raiders), Nuhachi (Temple), Cross Coronado (Crusade)) Have it be an artifact in Hawaii. He's found it and he's trying to escape when suddenly he's trapped in a spike chamber! But this isn't any old spike chamber! This chamber has spikes on the side that slowly move in. AND there's toxic chemicals coming in from the ground (liquid chemicals) and Indy's escape lies in a small hole in the ceiling. He must climb on the spikes, whip across the chamber and try not to go too fast, so he won't volt right into a spike. He finally gets out and comes into another chamber directly above the other. Problem is... this one is filled with scorpions! There's an exit on the side of the room. He must try and get the scorpions away so he can get to it. He does so, after plugging up the hole leading to the spike chamber, with a big rock. Just then the toxic liquids reach the top but cannot come out. Because of this the liquid must come out of the sides! It reaches a side chamber beside where Indy is standing and because of the age of the walls, the chemicals break through and standpede towards Indy! Indy runs through the exit and gets in a Commy truck (first knocking out the driver). This truck is a lot like the Raiders truck. It has an enclosed area in the back where a person is at. Indy drives away in the truck. He comes to a very old bridge over a river and just then the bridge breaks and the truck falls into the river (it's a big river). Indy gets out of the truck to stand on the side of it (which is afloat). The commy who has been hiding in the back gets out to. We proceed to a fist fight ontop of a truck which every now and then changes sides in the water! The fist fight continues and the Commy seems to be winning (Indy's age prooves this during the fight). The commy is able to push him off the front of the truck and Indy is sucked under the water as he streams under the truck and pops up out of the water to grab onto the back of the truck. In a very heroic moment with the heroic John Williams score being played, Indy climbs back onto the truck and beats the heck out of the guy! he also does his Emperor's Tomb famouse move of taking his whip and whiping the guys neck and pulling him towards himself and punching him. Indy looks up and notices their coming towards a huge waterfall! Indy tries to jump off the truck and towards the direction of shore, but the commy pulls him back and pins him down. The music in Last Crusade, where Indy notices there about to go off a cliff on the tank plays. Just at the last minute Indy gets free of the commy's clutches. The truck goes over the side and Indy jumps onto a rock which curls over the side of the cliff! He turns and looks down the side of the waterfall which he almost went over! He takes out his whip and whips onto a tree branch not so far away and swings over to shore.

Damn, now THAT'S 100% pure Indy excitement! Honestly, if this was the genuine beginning it would replace Young Indy in LC as my favorite opening in the series! Very cool, and chock-full of traps and nasty suprises and stunts which just bleed cool...I LOVE IT!!! Good going, Jr.! :hat: :whip:

(Man, I love those stunts!) :cool:

Me, I want to see in KOTCS the cliffhanger-booby-trap-scene to end all cliffhanger-booby-trap-scenes. Bring on crocodiles!

Vendetta08

Violet Indy said:
I prefer it if all of them over the age of 25 and over 18 keeps their clothes on... Think about it. There's a double-meaning there... damn, no evil emoticon.

That only leaves people under 18....

I sense Michael Jackson lurking this board.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I should have said between the ages of 18-25 in this film. I didn't realise I had done that double meaning! :eek: How embarassment!

I meant Shia...:eek:

Vendetta08

Violet Indy said:
I should have said between the ages of 18-25 in this film. I didn't realise I had done that double meaning! :eek: How embarassment!

I meant Shia...:eek:

Lol, no prob. I knew what you meant, just felt like making a Michael Jackson joke.

:whip:

JD2008

Just a few ideas...

A few things I would like to see involved:

Quicksand (Perhaps as a boobeytrap)
Indy catching the 'the Big picture' thanx to his extensive knowledge
A great Legend behind the Skulls
An Indigenous tribe that interacts with Indy/the crew
Unique, thrilling, action scenes.

Kingsley

JD2008 said:
A few things I would like to see involved:

Quicksand (Perhaps as a boobeytrap)
Indy catching the 'the Big picture' thanx to his extensive knowledge
A great Legend behind the Skulls
An Indigenous tribe that interacts with Indy/the crew
Unique, thrilling, action scenes.
I think you will be pretty satisfied in every point.

I want a surprising performance from Winstone or Hurt... they are almost forgotten these days.

Adamwankenobi

I'd be kind of neat to see Indy at home playing a saxophone (before someone walks in or whatever), or at least see a saxophone laying around in his house. ;)

Kernunnos said:
I'd like to see Karen Allen doing a nude scene. (y)

And Cate Blanchett. (y)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Marion punching Indy... oh wait, that's been done. :p I don't think I'm getting a Raven's Nest burn down by the looks of things. Oh well... But I would like to see Indy's house and a chase around the campus, really could work well.

MovieLover152

Well, heres my idea:
You know how in Every three of the previous films indy was somehow tortured by snakes? Well how about in this one theres a scene where the soldiers (Russians Confirmed) Torture him somehow with snakes. He gets away from them, blah, blah. blah. Then 30minutes later through the film hes hiding on a ledge (Small Hill) above a russian camp in a jungle, and a snake comes along. It slithers on his back and he freaks out. the snake drops off of him, down the hill and falls on two funny and goofy soldiers (Like in the Pirates films) and they freak out. Indy then just nods at them with pleasure.

Indie House

These last few pages have boasted quite a few action scenes. I never really thought of the Raiders films as action films as much as adventure films.

The moments of heightened thrill and awe for me were always the scenes that provided insight into the mystery and unknown. The map room, x marks the spot, the leap of faith, and so forth are examples of the kind of drama that I'd like to see in this new movie more than anything else.

:hat:

commontone said:
I posted this in another thread, as a way piranhas might be used in the film, but it fits even better with this thread...could be a really cool sequence:

Indy pushes through leafy vines to emerge from the tunnel. He's entered a large dome-shaped temple, 30 meters across, dominated by a circular pool in the middle. Vines hang everywhere, and weak light filters in dimly through an opening in the ceiling, several stories high.

Indy cautiously waves the others in after him. They stumble in, blinking, wary. Indy approaches the pool. In the center of the dark water, a dozen meters in, stands a Mayan altar, containing the prize. The pool is dense with fish; they skim the surface, occasionally jumping into the air. Mutt and Mac approach the edge on either side of Indy, and Mutt leans cautiously over the edge of the pool, watching.

Suddenly a fish jumps high near Mutt's head; he yelps and staggers back, dropping his torch in the water.

A writhing silver swarm engulfs it violently, the water turning red and churning as if boiling, and a moment later the torch floats to the surface in tatters. Blood clouds the water around the splinters, and a fish skeleton bobs up in the middle.

"Red-bellied piranhas," Indy says flatly, his face illuminated by his torch. "This must be an inlet from the Orinoco. They've been breeding here for centuries, and they're starving......"

Commontone, a scene like that would be absolutely phenomenal!!!! (y)
After snakes, bugs, rats and seagulls (you guys always forget about seagulls... LOL :D ), a million of piranhas would be a FANTASTIC way to celebrate the classic creepy/disgusting scenes of the previous three movies without risking to be unoriginal!! ;)
I sincerely hope for a scene like yours, because I fear this fourth movie could end with having something way worse, and saturated by that really bad feeling of "already-seen" (those who used to post in the spoiler-section months ago surely know what I'm talking about)...

commontone

The Stranger said:
Commontone, a scene like that would be absolutely phenomenal!!!! (y)
After snakes, bugs, rats and seagulls (you guys always forget about seagulls... LOL :D ), a million of piranhas would be a FANTASTIC way to celebrate the classic creepy/disgusting scenes of the previous three movies without risking to be unoriginal!! ;)

Thanks, Stranger, I'd forgotten about that one. Although from the sound of things we'll be getting giant killer ants. That could be pretty cool, if done right.

commontone said:
Thanks, Stranger, I'd forgotten about that one. Although from the sound of things we'll be getting giant killer ants. That could be pretty cool, if done right.

Not at all!! (y) Yours was a great idea!!!

And, regarding the ants... they are insects too, as there were insects in "Temple of Doom". That's why I was talking about the "already-seen feeling"... :(