Yes, you too can drain your bank account into George's!

Crack that whip

Yow. I just got back from a little trip to the online Indy shop, where I finally took the plunge on a number of items I've been eyeing lustfully, as well as something that showed up again after apparently selling out once before, for which I'd been kicking myself for missing. They've just added the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom original Style A release one-sheet again, after having had it listed for less than half of the store's opening day; presumably they either located some additional inventory in the warehouse, or used a low estimate of available stock on the first day. Whatever it was, it means I'm getting a ToD Style A Lucasfilm assures me is an original, so that's all peachy-keen.

But I didn't stop there, oh no. I actually caved and ordered a ton of stuff - so much I actually ordered in two strategically-filled orders a few minutes apart, each with one or more pre-ordered items, so as to yield two different shipments (and concurrent charges), one with stuff I want "close to" now (i.e., May) and one with stuff I'd like now, but can live without until August, and would just as soon not have to pay for it until August, so I'll have the benefit of the stuff I want sooner without having to pay for the whole lot all at once.

navinwan

Congrats! I also caved and bought the TOD poster from the shop today. I now have ordered the chase shirt & Indy key cell from the shop. Pulled the trigger on the Sideshow exclusive premium format Dr.Jones today also:gun:

Crack that whip

Indeed. So help me, I'm thinking of going back and ordering that figure myself - hey, I won't have to pay until December, right? :p But I may hold off; I've ordered a lot today already...

Little Indy

I saw that poster also and I am really really tempted to buy it. Can anyone tell me if it is double sided like other movie posters? That would tip the balance for me.

Crack that whip

No, theater posters weren't generally double-sided for lightboxes like that until years later, I think starting around 1990 or so. Theaters did sometimes put 1-sheets in backlit displays before then, and just let the posters look a bit washed out, like most single-side printed paper items do.

Nowadays, of course, double-sided printing is more the rule, rather than the exception; as far as I know, pretty much all of them are double-sided now. As the '90s and early '00s progressed posters went from being almost all single-printed to being almost all double-printed.

At least it's not folded - that used to be the norm up until the '70s, and common up until the '80s! We're just lucky these Temple of Doom one-sheets are rolled and not folded. ;)

Little Indy

OK So what your'e telling me is that these posters are pretty much legit even without the double siding. I wasn't aware of the double printing not happening until later. Thanks for the info.

No Ticket

Sorry, an error occurred with the item you have chosen, we cannot add it to your cart.

NOOOooooooooooooooo!! Does this mean they're out again? Ohhh I wanted one so bad! I missed out the first time!

Crack that whip

Sorry to hear it! It does seem as though they quickly ran out again.

But hey, if they added it once, perhaps they'll do it again. I wouldn't count on it, but you never know. Perhaps you ought to keep an eye on the store, just in case...

Good luck!

RelicHunter

Crack that whip said:
Sorry to hear it! It does seem as though they quickly ran out again.

But hey, if they added it once, perhaps they'll do it again. I wouldn't count on it, but you never know. Perhaps you ought to keep an eye on the store, just in case...

Good luck!
I ordered the poster the day the store opened and Trust me it won't dissapoint!