Disneyland Indiana Jones Jackets

Nurhachi1991

i went to disney land a few weeks ago and i finally got my indy jacket!!! ever since i was a little kid i wanted an indy jacket from that store but never had the cash well this time i had it and bought the jacket right away. It is a different style than i have seen over the years at first i wasnt crazy about the patch on the back i would like to have had it plain like indys but i love it now. Do any of you have jackets from disneyland?

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

and my new hat..... i out grew my old one

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

Other than the fact that it's a jacket, it bears absolutely no resemblance to the real thing.

Can't say I like it.

I had one as a kid... when I was 5 or 6. It's wool-lined. No patch on it though. Doesn't look anything like the real deal, either.

Deckard

I gotta agree w/ R.A. and I mean you no offence, its a nice offical collector's piece but nothing close to Indy's jacket. Also I personally wouldn't wear it as it has the Indy logo on the back really big which is a bit ugly to me. As long as you bought this knowing it wasnt the sort of jacket Indy wears then your good.

Nurhachi1991

meh i like it. i like offically lisenced things but thats just me.

it bears some reselblence to the kingdom of the crystal skull jacket as far as the pockets go the color is off

Deckard

Nurhachi1991 said:
meh i like it. i like offically lisenced things but thats just me.

it bears some reselblence to the kingdom of the crystal skull jacket as far as the pockets go the color is off

Actually, the pockets couldn't be further then what an Indy Jacket's pockets look like. Im just hoping they didn't push it on you there saying it was screen accurate or anything, heres what Indy's jacket looks like :

WestedJck.jpg

Notice, no zipper pockets or secondary pockets, no shoulder epaulettes, and no elastic at the bottom.

Nurhachi1991

ya i know what indys jacket looks like i have seen the movie more than enough times lol

no i just always wanted to get an authentic Indy jacket from the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost.

Its really more of a jacket for an indy fan not even close to a jacket the good professor wore

Deckard

Then its all good, enjoy it, I just hate when other people show up who got screwed by Disney because they thought what they were getting was screen accurate.

Nurhachi1991

lol ya man no kidding. Ive been an Indy fanatic since age 5 i knew when i got it it wasnt close to indys jacket

Little Indy

You'll be getting comments on it as the movie draws closer and more so after it comes out. The hat and whip on the back pretty much tell you it is an Indiana Jones item oh and the name does too on the front. By comments I mean like "Cool jacket is that from the movie?"

Nurhachi1991 said:

I've been trying to figure this statement out all night.

And then once I factor in your practical retraction to that claim... well...

It isn't worth it to strain myself. Besides, the only thing I'd get in return would be a headache.

...poor, licensed jacket that bares no resemblance to the original. LEAST of all in the pockets. Hell it's more like an A2 than anything else.

Double-hell, it looks more like MacGyver's jacket. Or a Members Only jacket!

Gah, too much effort expended on this. It isn't worth my time.

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Yeah, I know that when people come to show off their new stuff that they've been waiting awhile to get, what I always want to do is tell them how far the stuff is from what they actually want.

Deckard

Attila the Professor said:
Yeah, I know that when people come to show off their new stuff that they've been waiting awhile to get, what I always want to do is tell them how far the stuff is from what they actually want.

Next time I'll just lie to them and say I love it and it looks fantastic.

Looky here its my new Indy napkin :

0085.jpg

See, I know its cool because it says Indiana Jones on it, and that tells me it's gotta be awesome and lets me know I just gave more money to George Lucas!

You can also use it to wipe up your tears when you realise you probably just payed way too much for something "official."

Last edited:

Deckard

New Indy Jacket! Just like Harrison wore, Both made for humans, both 2 sleeve deluxe-o model. Be like Indy!

0087.jpg

0088.jpg

Only $600!

Why is it when I invision the Lucas Films marketing department, I see the temple of doom filled with slave children forced to produce sub-par faux leather jackets, and an old man who looks like the Venice Librarian from Last Crusade sitting at a desk Stamping "Indiana Jones" onto any p.o.s. that rolls off the assembly line...

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Look, the man knows that it's not accurate. He knows there's not a huge patch on the back of the jacket or any kind of insignia on the front. He knows that this particular form of leather jacket, the sort that has that, is not the kind that's in the film. But, as he pretty clearly said, he's wanted a jacket from the Indy store since he was a little kid. That counts for something. That counts more to me, quite frankly, then anything about screen accuracy. It doesn't have to be perfect. Not even close.

Let him like what he wants to like. If this really seems to matter to you guys...

Nurhachi1991

um yeah like i said i dont care if it looks just like indys jacket.......... what is the point im not going to go in my backyard and pretend im indiana jones which i havent done since i was 8 years old and i hope non of you guys are still doing that

the jacket never said a screen used movie prop

its just a cool jacket and i would rather have people on the street say oh hey cool indy jacket opposed to having a wested raiders of the lost ark jacket where no one will know what the hell its from because it just looks like another leather jacket. At least with this one people will know where its from

:hat:

Deckard

Look, the man knows that it's not accurate. He knows there's not a huge patch on the back of the jacket or any kind of insignia on the front. He knows that this particular form of leather jacket, the sort that has that, is not the kind that's in the film. But, as he pretty clearly said, he's wanted a jacket from the Indy store since he was a little kid. That counts for something. That counts more to me, quite frankly, then anything about screen accuracy. It doesn't have to be perfect. Not even close.

Let him like what he wants to like. If this really seems to matter to you guys...

I know that he likes it for it just being a jacket, he stated that already and I can and do read. I at no point said anything about him did I? I am talking about the people who come up with this stuff.

Oh and believe me plenty of people buy the Indy hat or jacket thinking it's just like the real one, I bought a DP several months ago so I have every right to be pissed.

Nurhachi1991

MankindRam said:
That is very nice, I must find me one! :whip:

Thank you! Thats all i was looking for just to see if anyone else thought the jacket was cool :D

not 1 million comments saying its not 100 percent screen accurate which i already knew it wasnt

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Deckard said:
I know that he likes it for it just being a jacket, he stated that already and I can and do read. I at no point said anything about him did I? I am talking about the people who come up with this stuff.

Oh and believe me plenty of people buy the Indy hat or jacket thinking it's just like the real one, I bought a DP several months ago so I have every right to be pissed.

Believe me, I've never for a moment doubted your ability to read. It's your priorities that caused the doubt.

I don't see how they could. The jackets, at least, if they have that sort of insignia, and the hats, perhaps, too, oughtn't appear that way. I don't know what a DP is, because the entire gear mentality is one that escapes me, with its fealty to some ideal of accuracy which suggests an overvaluing of that which has, in reality, very little. Get yourself a high quality jacket, by all means, but to get it <I>because</I> it's the sort that Indiana Jones wore? That seems wrong to me.

The right to be pissed? Yeah, sure. Go for it.

Deckard

Believe me, I've never for a moment doubted your ability to read. It's your priorities that caused the doubt.

I don't see how they could. The jackets, at least, if they have that sort of insignia, and the hats, perhaps, too, oughtn't appear that way. I don't know what a DP is, because the entire gear mentality is one that escapes me, with its fealty to some ideal of accuracy which suggests an overvaluing of that which has, in reality, very little. Get yourself a high quality jacket, by all means, but to get it <I>because</I> it's the sort that Indiana Jones wore? That seems wrong to me.

The right to be pissed? Yeah, sure. Go for it.

humor.jpg

Im sorry it seems wrong to you that I along with thousands others prefer an actual style jacket that Indy wore for probably $30-40 more then what these cost, and one you won't get made fun of in because you have Indiana Jones written really big on your back. DP is dorfman pacific, I wanted as real an Indy hat as I could get, I thought the official maker of the hats at the time would be a good shot, instead I got nothing close to what I wanted.

You know who wanted a better movie accurate hat???

Steve Delk, did that work out for him?

Your basically lying to him telling him it looks good, bcuz you know damn well Joe Public is going to see that thing and laugh. That means I question your priorities.