General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

IndyForever

Indy bluray's in 2012 is more good news it shows Lucas is thinking about Indy seriously now lets hope come the fall they have a special announcement on the discs like an Indy5 is coming soon :hat:

Indy's brother

IndyForever said:
Indy bluray's in 2012 is more good news it shows Lucas is thinking about Indy seriously now lets hope come the fall they have a special announcement on the discs like an Indy5 is coming soon :hat:

That's not how this sort of thing is done, so I highly doubt it. It would be a an opportune time to make an announcement in the media, to boost blu-ray sales and get the media machine pumping for such a thing. So many good dates for an Indy 5 announcement have come and gone though that I am done holding my breath. Indy 5 is so M.I.A. as it is that I'm beginning to suspect that an official "notgannahappen" has been kept at bay just to make more money on the Blu release. Yeah, I'm getting that cynical about it these days.

IndyForever

Indy's brother said:
That's not how this sort of thing is done, so I highly doubt it. It would be a an opportune time to make an announcement in the media, to boost blu-ray sales and get the media machine pumping for such a thing. So many good dates for an Indy 5 announcement have come and gone though that I am done holding my breath. Indy 5 is so M.I.A. as it is that I'm beginning to suspect that an official "notgannahappen" has been kept at bay just to make more money on the Blu release. Yeah, I'm getting that cynical about it these days.
You obviously were not around in the 1980's when Indy2 + 3 got trailers on the ROTLA & TOD VHS releases were you! Its a Lucasfilm tradition on Indy if there is something to announce they will do so on the newist home video release if appropriate.

Dr. Gonzo

Indy's brother said:
Obviously.
:D

IndyForever, you have to understand. It makes BIG NEWS when a writer is hired by Lucasfilm in any respect. Even when Steven hires a writer, even on a small project, it makes the headlines in the blogosphere. There will be no Indy 5 announcement because there ain't even a writer yet. I'd put $$$ on it y'all.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
harisson-ford-indiana-jones-han-solo.jpg

All you need to know about Indy 5...

fenris

To tell you guys the truth, I think Harrison is more in shape than me in that pic. I've gotten flabbier and flabbier with each passing day! :(

The Drifter

fenris said:
To tell you guys the truth, I think Harrison is more in shape than me in that pic. I've gotten flabbier and flabbier with each passing day! :(

But, he sure does have some pasty, skinny legs! lol :p

Raiders90

Mickiana said:
What point does he have to not prove? Just make the damned movie! NOW!!!

He probably feels that people feel he needs to prove they can do better than KOTCS, or make an Indy film on the same level as Raiders.

IndyForever

Dr. Gonzo said:
:D

IndyForever, you have to understand. It makes BIG NEWS when a writer is hired by Lucasfilm in any respect. Even when Steven hires a writer, even on a small project, it makes the headlines in the blogosphere. There will be no Indy 5 announcement because there ain't even a writer yet. I'd put $$$ on it y'all.
No writer hired yet I agree as Lucas has still not finished his draft but you will not hear of it publically until its very close to being made as Spielberg will use David Koepp again to polish the script rather than do what they did on KOTCS and use several writers to generate ideas.

I expect development to go something like this:

1: Lucas pulls all his story concepts together & writes a very basic draft but Ford & Spielberg both agree on most of it.

2: Spielberg + Ford agree then Spielberg would hire Koepp to polish & finalise.

3: Lucas will look at the final draft then if he is happy they will make their announcements in public.

Until or if Lucas does his part nothing will change but unlike KOTCS it will be a closely guarded secret until Lucas/Spielberg feel happy enough with the script to go public & say its getting close to production.

Dr. Gonzo

IndyForever said:
No writer hired yet I agree as Lucas has still not finished his draft but you will not hear of it publically until its very close to being made as Spielberg will use David Koepp again to polish the script rather than do what they did on KOTCS and use several writers to generate ideas.

With the exception of the Star Wars films Lucas has never written the first draft of any of the Indiana Jones films. Lucas writes 12 page treatments (approx.) Then sends that out to a writer. The only time Lucas would write a draft is after the writer sends it in and most of the time those were revisions, not brand new page one rewrites (with the exception of course of what became "Kingdom"). What Lucas is doing... if anything... is tinkering with an outline. Then it'll get sent out to one of the bigger writers.

How do you know that Spielberg will use Koepp? Just because Steven called him his closer? Closer for "kingdom" maybe. Spielberg has gone on to other writers since then, three other writers, for three other movies. Besides every Jones film has had a different writer/pair of writers every time... and especially after "Kingdom" I think they would probably look at other writers. Not to mention that David has a lot on his plate at the moment.

IndyForever said:
I expect development to go something like this:

1: Lucas pulls all his story concepts together & writes a very basic draft but Ford & Spielberg both agree on most of it.

2: Spielberg + Ford agree then Spielberg would hire Koepp to polish & finalise.

3: Lucas will look at the final draft then if he is happy they will make their announcements in public.

Until or if Lucas does his part nothing will change but unlike KOTCS it will be a closely guarded secret until Lucas/Spielberg feel happy enough with the script to go public & say its getting close to production.

What you should probably expect is something more like this.

1. A press release stating that "so and so" has been hired to pen the screenplay for Indiana Jones 5.

2. A couple of months of waiting.

3. A press release saying Lucas has rejected the script.

4. A couple of months of waiting.

5. Repeat steps one through four several more times.

6. Harrison Ford turns eighty years young. :dead:

Pale Horse

Staff member
I think the new Indy has Indy's great-grandson going back in time to find the missing script for Indy V...

I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Mickiana

Raiders112390 said:
He probably feels that people feel he needs to prove they can do better than KOTCS, or make an Indy film on the same level as Raiders.

He should make one on the same level as Raiders. But he won't.