Young Indy on UK TV

Andy Jones

Winds Of Change & Mystery Of The Blues are on BBC2 in the UK this week.

Thursday 17th 11:00am Winds Of Change.
Friday 18th 11:00am Mystery Of The Blues. - Harrison Ford guest stars.

I know it's not a great time for most people but I thought I'd mention it anyway, especially as neither were released on video over here, so some may not have seen them yet.

Stoo

What did you think of "Winds of Change", specifically the "Princeton 1919" bit?

The aspect I appreciate most about "Princeton 1916" is that glimpse into the
brief period of Indy's life when he lived alone with his dad. The bookends for
"Travels With Father" were a teaser. Who would have guessed that they were
only a small part of a complete episode?

As far as I know, "Winds of Change" has never aired in Canada so I have yet
to see it...When are those DVDs coming out? :confused:

Stoo

Thundercloud

Hi everyone, i'm new here but i just wanted to say a little something about YIC.
In my country they've been showing the Young Indy Cro. every Friday at 3:10 a.m. :p which is bloody late, but for me its worth staying awake since i've never seen many of the episodes. I have to say that i love this series and i think that although they don't have much to do with the movies they are great fun watching. :whip:
sadly i've only caught the last 4 episodes.
don't remeber the name of the one i saw first but its an episode in which indy is having a hard time installing a telephone :D
the third one i fell asleep :p but it had something to do with a map that was stolen by a nazi general.
the last 2 i remember, the Mistery of the Blues and the Hollywood Follies. And let me tell you that i got really excited when a saw Harrison making an appearence in MofB, i had no idea that he played a small role in one of the episodes and was totally caught by surprise. being one of those fans patiently waiting for Indy 4, seeing Harrison playing Indy again made my evening... sorry... morning :p excellent.
I've only seen these 3 but i already love the series and i think they are great.
i think the channel is going to start showing the series all over again, and this time ill be ready for them :)
keep cool everyone.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
welcome_tumma.jpg

Welcome, Thundercloud. Cool name.

Stoo

Hey, I didn't get one of those flashy welcomes. :(
Does this mean that I'm not welcome here?
Darn...and I was so happy to have found you bunch...sniff, sniff ;)

Thundercloud

by the way i just watched the My First Adventure, Indy suddendly grew up like 2 years at the middle of the episode, what is up with that? Furthermore, it never explained what happened to the chacal headpiece. is there an explanation for this?
cheers.

Stoo

Thanks for the welcome also, VP! :cool:

The 2nd half of what you saw was filmed later and was seen for the
first time when then the series was released to VHS. Originally, the
1st half was aired as a 2hr pilot, "The Curse of the Jackal", with the
2nd hour concluding the mystery with a teenage Indy. You can see
this in "Spring Break Adventure". What you're looking for is one of my
favourite Young Indy episodes.

Good to read someone's first-time opinion...