Mod The Infernal Machine

Marduk

Jandar-man said:
Dude! I'm trying to mod this game and your tool for me is like a grace comed from the skies)

So, First of all - BIG THANK YOU FOR THAT TOOL!!!

And i have a question. How i can extract or view from any angle maps (levels) in Indiana Jones & Infernal Machine? And is there anyway of how i can extract them from the game? The reason why is this important for me is that i want to recreate them, but in more detailed manner.

PS: and by the way - in which files is the levels? I haven't find them :confused:

Cheers :) .

Np, thanks for the cheer up :hat:
Anyway this is canyon lands level (1st level). For now, there is no tool that would allow you to view or edit cnd level file. All levels (CND file) are binary archived NDY files. By the way I'm still working on tool to convert cnd files into ndy files and later on if time will allow me I'll work on simple level editor.

Jandar-man said:
I'm noticed that you flying in "Canyon" level like in noclip mode. How did you done that?

It's pretty simple ;). You just have to specify that player can fly and that gravity does not affect him. You can do this either in cog script of a game level or in cog script that specifies the player. I assume that you already know how to extract cog scripts from gob resource file :). For the particular example put this code at the end of 00_cyn_opening.cog file just before the return; statement and see what happens ;)
ClearPhysicsFlags(player,0x1); # set player to have no gravity
SetPhysicsFlags(player, 0x2000); # player can fly

To run this script launch IM from the beginning. Ohh and make sure to backup file before you edit it. You can also read my longer post about cog script here.

Hope it helps :)

Jandar-man

Wow! It really works) Thanks man!)

Will be waiting for your tool for extracting maps and map editor (if it will be done someday)

and a have another question about cog scripts. how i can view in game levels in wireframe mode? can it be done through cog scripts?

Marduk

To run game in wireframe mode you have to change value in the registry. Open regedit.exe and navigate to "HLM\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine\v1.0". Set registry value "Geometry Mode" to 2 and run the game.
Another option is to set registry value "Start Mode" to 2 and then run [IM installation folder]\Resources\Indy3D.exe. In the window that opens select "Wire Frame" from the Geometry dropdown list.

I suggest that you also add SetCollideType(player, 0); in the cog script of a level that you want to play in wire mode. By doing so you will be able to walk through the walls.

Jandar-man

Emm... everything seems cool.... besides this:

https://gyazo.com/a0cbeee2b284786174dc1da88499468c

When i located in my Indi IM registry data location i haven't found here "geometry mode" entry

https://gyazo.com/51c700003e30ffde9328fe659f1acd7e

so i've created it by myself. Here is how i did this:

1) Right mouse button -> Create -> Create 32 bit DWORD parameter

2) named it geometry mode and edited it's value to 2

3) Launched the game

But as you can see - it creates an artifact that multiplies wireframe draw in every frame in game time. When i turn game to pause then multiplying of wireframing stops.

So, maybe i've done something wrong...?

Jandar-man

by the way - if we will talk about this:

SetCollideType(player, 0)

then i should say that this peace of code is crashing game (i'm putting it in right place)

Marduk

Jandar-man said:
Emm... everything seems cool.... besides this:

https://gyazo.com/a0cbeee2b284786174dc1da88499468c

When i located in my Indi IM registry data location i haven't found here "geometry mode" entry

https://gyazo.com/51c700003e30ffde9328fe659f1acd7e

so i've created it by myself. Here is how i did this:

1) Right mouse button -> Create -> Create 32 bit DWORD parameter

2) named it geometry mode and edited it's value to 2

3) Launched the game

But as you can see - it creates an artifact that multiplies wireframe draw in every frame in game time. When i turn game to pause then multiplying of wireframing stops.

So, maybe i've done something wrong...?

You're doing it correct :). The issue is game engine. Sometimes it has problems with rendering game in wire frame mode. Just try to run any other level. That goes also for SetCollideType if it does not work remove it from the script. For SetCollideType also make sure that player variable is set in the script.

Jandar-man

Ok. But i can't directly run any other level when i'm starting the game, because it everytime starts it with intro where first we see logo of Indi in skies, then camera turns to canyon and Indi says "Time to get to work". Is there any way (in registry) to change the way how game starts? For example typing something that will force game to start with some savegame file...

ps: i think it should, but i don't know how...

Marduk

You can load game by running Jones3d.exe and click "Resume". It will offer you a Load game dialog where you can select saved game. you can also set registry value "Start Mode" to 1 and run then "Resource\Indy3D.exe" to get the same dialog.

Another option is also to set registry value "Start Mode" to 2 and run Indy3D.exe. You will get the fallowing dialog box:
RtQ4FT8.jpg

To be able to select level in this dialog you first have to extract cnd files from GOB file into "Resource\ndy" folder.
Note that running the game from this dialog somehow fixes the wireframe mode in canyonlands level.

Jandar-man

Marduk said:
Another option is also to set registry value "Start Mode" to 2 and run Indy3D.exe. You will get the fallowing dialog box:
RtQ4FT8.jpg

To be able to select level in this dialog you first have to extract cnd files from GOB file into "Resource\ndy" folder.
Note that running the game from this dialog somehow fixes the wireframe mode in canyonlands level.

I'm doing all as you said, but it doesn't work at all. Maybe i have wrong version of game?.....

If so, can you give me your version?

Marduk

What's the problem? Did you get the option dialog window when setting registry value to 2? Did you run "[IM install folder]\Resource\indy3D.exe" and not "[IM install folder]\Jones3d.exe"?
Btw I am running version 1.0 and 1.2