What Fedora Do You Own?

Which Fedora Do You Own

• Total voters

Ironclaw

Question: Are any of the more expensive hats really comfortable? Do they have better sweatbands than my DP? Just wondering.

Basing my answers on Todd's Costumes hat (downtowner/uptowner), they are more comfortable than the DP hat; my DP hat didn't flex at all when I first got it and it took months for it to be "comfortable."

However, the sweatbands between Todd's and DP's are pretty much exactly the same, that vinyl/naugahyde material. So it will shrink on hotter days and they get pretty tight around the forehead area. So do yourself a favor, keep either kind somewhere cooler/out of the sun, or you'll have to squeeze it on.

fenris

If only there was a way to vote more than once...

I now have a Christy's (retired to display or costume), Akubra Fed IV Deluxe and Peters Brothers.

tekors

Agree... i voted when i had a Herbert Johnson but now I own an AdventureBilt Henry... which is my primary hat.

:hat:

Yure

I had a wonderful hand made fedora bought in Finland and made of reindeer leather. I loved it. Now is in the hands of someone in Bangkok. :(

Ironclaw

EgyptianPharaoh said:
....I don't have a fedora :( ........

Wow, talk about prophetic. I got in my Todd's Uptowner a few weeks ago, and I don't really have a need for my DP hat (size large) anymore.

I'm willing to part with my DP if anybody wants it. I'd rather it go to an Indy-fan than just donate it at Goodwill or whatever.

Mickiana

Are you giving it away? Not that I want it, but maybe a few skint young uns like EgyptianPharoah might go for it if it were to be a donation...

fenris

The poll choices actually need to be updated... I think that's why "others" is winning.

For me, one obvious error is not including Akubra in the poll instead of it being part of "others". Akubra is one of the most popular choices for Indy hats, right? I think it deserves a spot in the choices. Don't you guys agree?

Marineguy

Ironclaw said:
Wow, talk about prophetic. I got in my Todd's Uptowner a few weeks ago, and I don't really have a need for my DP hat (size large) anymore.

I'm willing to part with my DP if anybody wants it. I'd rather it go to an Indy-fan than just donate it at Goodwill or whatever.

Got a pic? I woujld like to trade an "skulls rucksack for a Fedora

tigersharka

I am happy to say I own several Indiana Jones Fedoras. The great Steve Delk "INDY 4", Akubra Adventurer (my golf hat) and a Herbert Johnson poet...I am working on buying some hats from Pennman too. You can't have too many of these hats...and each has it's personality.:hat:

indywannabbe

My first one was a DP wool crushable one from Todds. My most recent one is a Akubra Fed iv.

I am looking for another one in wool again, but a very, very good one.

twlightzone1205

I have a Peters Brothers custom I purchased in 2001.

Ten years later, I purchased a Todd's Downtowner.

I just need a grey one now. Maybe the Fed IV in moonstone.

Indy Byrd

Indy Byrd said:
I got a DP that I gave to my oldest son. My fedora is a Akubra Adventurer that my aunt got me last summer. I like it. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. I plan on getting another Akubra, the fed in grey soon.

Since this post in 2009, I recently bought a Steele and Jones LC fedora. It is great high quality hat, well worth the 200.00 I spent for it.

micsteam

I have a Steve Delk Adventurbilt Raiders style which I received in 2008 and love it, absolutely the best fedora !! I bought a Peter Bros. in 2004 which was quite nice and looked good but was too small and then I ordered another in 2005 (which I beleive was made by the son) which was not even close to the previous.