General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

kongisking

Dr. Gonzo said:
Won't you listen to the man, it's nothing new...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZS0WvzRVByg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This made my morning, Gonzo. Thank you. Gloriously funny! :D

Glenville86

Seriously at 72, Ford is too old to be the lead in an action film. Maybe as a supporting actor role. Would be like William Shatner playing Captain Kirk again.....

If they reboot the franchise, they need to cast a new actor to play Indiana Jones. Even with Ford cast as a supporting actor and being a mentor for a new guy, it couldn't be called Indiana Jones for any movie after that if Fords character was not in it.

I like Ford but time catches us all.

Silvor

Glenville86 said:
Seriously at 72, Ford is too old to be the lead in an action film. Maybe as a supporting actor role. Would be like William Shatner playing Captain Kirk again.....

If they reboot the franchise, they need to cast a new actor to play Indiana Jones. Even with Ford cast as a supporting actor and being a mentor for a new guy, it couldn't be called Indiana Jones for any movie after that if Fords character was not in it.

I like Ford but time catches us all.

Look at this picture from a few days ago.
http://i.imgur.com/jbQAA5F.jpg
Would you think this guy was 72 years old if you saw him not knowing his age?
His age doesn't matter when he's fit as a fiddle.

Glenville86

Silvor said:
Look at this picture from a few days ago.
http://i.imgur.com/jbQAA5F.jpg
Would you think this guy was 72 years old if you saw him not knowing his age?
His age doesn't matter when he's fit as a fiddle.

He looks like a healthy 72. What I am saying is there is a difference in being cast as a lead actor in a movie at his age which is fine and being cast as a lead actor in an action movie at his age. The writers for another Indy movie could write his character to compensate for his age and physical limitations but would it really be an action movie?

Another factor is there are no immediate movie plans. If they reboot the franchise, how old will he be then?

Indy's brother

Jesus Christ this place is so negative. He's not feeble. Why not think of how fun it is to watch Indy get hurt. You feel every punch. It should hurt even more than ever. A good director could capitalize on that. Who cares if he doesn't look like he's in his 40's anymore. He's not dead, he's not crippled, he says he's willing to do it again. I just don't understand how someone can call themself a fan, and be more than happy to throw Ford away like yesterday's trash. Why not be ok with giving the man that is the face of Indiana Jones a chance at finishing strong. Plenty of people didn't like the George Hall version of Indy, so why not have a baddass version of old Indy. What, Indy never gets old? Was he supposed to die right after LC? KOTCS happened. Autumn-year Indy exists as an adventurer. Ready to jump ship and toss him aside because he got older. There's nothing interesting that can be done with him now. At all. It's disrespectful and ignorant.

Montana Smith

Yeah, Harrison's career isn't over yet.

If he grew a beard Disney could use him in a Santa Claus movie.

Saying that, if he's fit enough to scramble down a chimney he might just be fit enough to dive under a descending door, outrun a giant boulder, get dragged behind a truck, or go for a refrigerator ride. The options are endless.

And because it's fun to see Indy get hurt it'll be even better this time because the chance of injury is greater.
13970335010_c5bccf574d_o.gif

Go for it Disney. Follow the money!

Glenville86

For me personally, they can make a final movie with Harrison Ford and end the franchise for good. Send the character out with a bang. If and when a final movie is made, how old will Harrison Ford be at that time? This might be the best way to do it.

Another option is to recast the character and reboot the franchise like has been done before with Star Trek as a recent example. James Bond and others have done this as well.

An option they could consider is Harrison passing the torch in a way to another actor in his final movie.

I would like to see the Indiana Jones franchise continue into the future but realize maybe a final movie might be best if the fan base would not accept another actor playing the main character in the future.

IndyForever

Harrison is still Indy ;)

Disney should push hard for a back to back shoot 2 more movies first one ends with a cliffhanger is he alive or dead ? second one ends happily. That will generate over $2-2.5b globally if handled properly, right director, right story etc etc

Disney will struggle to make much more out of the Indy franchise as a reboot will not work at the cinema as most young adults they would target are not going to have much interest in the 1930-40-50s era are they so it all comes back to the same thing Harrison is Indy :whip:

Alan Horn/Bob Iger are smart businessmen now Star Wars principle shooting is finished they will behind the scenes be looking closely at Indy sooner or later it will go ahead........

Glenville86

When the Harrison Ford run is completed, maybe Indiana Jones could have a grandson take over which would push the timeline into the present day and be more acceptable for the younger generation as they could identify with the lead character.

In reality, I agree that maybe the franchise should end completely with Harrison Ford without a reboot. Let it end and go off into cinema history.

Indy's brother said:
Jesus Christ this place is so negative. He's not feeble. Why not think of how fun it is to watch Indy get hurt. You feel every punch. It should hurt even more than ever. A good director could capitalize on that. Who cares if he doesn't look like he's in his 40's anymore. He's not dead, he's not crippled, he says he's willing to do it again. I just don't understand how someone can call themself a fan, and be more than happy to throw Ford away like yesterday's trash. Why not be ok with giving the man that is the face of Indiana Jones a chance at finishing strong. Plenty of people didn't like the George Hall version of Indy, so why not have a baddass version of old Indy. What, Indy never gets old? Was he supposed to die right after LC? KOTCS happened. Autumn-year Indy exists as an adventurer. Ready to jump ship and toss him aside because he got older. There's nothing interesting that can be done with him now. At all. It's disrespectful and ignorant.

YES YES YES well said well said. 72 but as the body and stamina of a much younger man.. also this is no old man this is Harry Ford. A good director could really make the the last Indy Harry film brutal and dark not kid friendly. I'd have him get really hurt this time..even have him loose is eye at the end of the film.

The man flys planes goes down the biggest dangerous slide in the world..rides a motor bike with his pals on the weekend...your telling me he can't do it..?

Udvarnoky

Never get too excited, but if this guy has been associated with real leaks in the past, I'd consider this the most promising lead since the "Disney agrees to story outline" rumor.

TheFedora

Udvarnoky said:
Never get too excited, but if this guy has been associated with real leaks in the past, I'd consider this the most promising lead since the "Disney agrees to story outline" rumor.

To be clear, he leaked some Terminator Genisys trailer images, plus a terminator genisys trailer description as well. Paramount was sending cease and desists to sites to take them down. I call that legit leaks.

He also leaked some shots of 'chappie' and gave a jurassic world trailer description. (Which was how i found the guy)

AndyLGR

Why not make another one with him if hes still still physically able. At this stage in his career hes clearly taking roles that in a way are no brainers for him (Han Solo and Deckard) so why not add Indy to the list. For me its only the story and the side kicks that let KOTCS down. I'd be happy to see him again in at least one more.

Indy's brother

TheFedora said:
From an insider who's been right abotu some star wars and JW things...

Indiana jones 5.

Supposedly 2 more movies. With Ford.

Like I said elsewhere on the internet the other day, I think he's just banking on the undebunked rumor about Ford appearing in SWEP7 with the caveat that there has to be a working plan by December for Indy 5. That way, if he's right, he can sound like an insider. I could have easily said the same thing and claim to know inside information. But notice he didn't claim to have a source. Or that this was new. These two tweets were carefully written to provide plausible denyability for himself later. While there may some truth to the rumor from months back, this guy doesn't know anything. If he did, he would have at least teased some tiny hint of something we haven't already heard.

What I've been saying now that it's December, is that if there is any movement on the supposed Indy 5, with Ford, per the rumor, something will leak soon. I doubt that with Lucas' iron fist removed that something like this could stay hidden for long, if there's a shred of truth to it anyway.

IndyForever

Lucas is coming out of carbon freezing but still has space dementia sickness it seems (n)
If anyone gets to Sundance next month he is going to be giving a talk with Robert Redford.
http://deadline.com/2014/12/sundanc...cas-debut-curt-cobain-lena-dunham-1201315469/

Lucas has yet to see the new Star Wars movie trailer so if he cares less about that than Indy its a good guess he is not going to be working on another Indy with Harrison (n)
http://pagesix.com/2014/12/07/george-lucas-hasnt-seen-new-star-wars-trailer/