The thing you and ONLY you think you noticed

Grave Robber

Another "why" question: why were those to be lowered into the lava pit first equipped with a lay as if they just got to Hawaii? lol

The Drifter

Grave Robber said:
Another "why" question: why were those to be lowered into the lava pit first equipped with a lay as if they just got to Hawaii? lol

Good question! I don't have an answer, sadly.

Okay, one more "why".
Why did the other kids who were slaves in the mines underneath Pankot Palace, not think of the idea of breaking their chains with a mattock way before Mr. Round?

Kooshmeister

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Why was Lao Che shipping live poultry anyway?

In the world of organized crime, that'd be what is called a legitimate business, good both as a front and as a way of earning extra money.

Grave Robber said:

Well, you know. Volcanoes and Hawaii go hand in hand. Mola Ram was just trying to be nice. It was the least he could do considering he was about to lower them into molten lava.

Seriously, though, it appears to just be part of the ceremony. Those lowered into the pit are sacrifices to Mother Kali and are therefore "dolled up," if you will.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Why did the other kids who were slaves in the mines underneath Pankot Palace, not think of the idea of breaking their chains with a mattock way before Mr. Round?

How do you think that one boy who showed up at the village escaped? ;)

Likely, the children made many, many escape attempts, but the ruthless and brutal Thuggee always caught them again.

And, heck, even if some others did get away, it's likely they died of exposure or got lost trying to reach the village. That one little boy was practically near death.

Last edited:

James

Kooshmeister said:
How do you think that one boy who showed up at the village escaped?

Also, Short Round knew he had a ticket 'out', provided he could just reach Indy. Not to mention, he had far more experience surviving on his own- having been orphaned at such a young age.

Stoo

Grave Robber said:
It was brought to my attention that in ToD, before Indy boards the plane in the beginning the guy they talk to is actually played by Dan Akroyd (don't remember the character's name). Never knew that he made such a cameo.
His name is listed in the cast during the end credits so it's not really a cameo.;)
The real cameo in airport scene comes in the form of two guys in the background.
Can you guess who they might be?

NileQT87 said:
the official site, way back before it got updated, said "art weber" is aykroyd's character's name.
The subtitles also read "Art Weber".

Michael24

Indyologist said:
Yes, YES! That's something I only noticed a few years ago! Indy mocks what Belloq says just before ("we can behave like civilized people-- sit down before you fall down" or something like that) with a gesture and a look that says, "excuse ME, jerk!"

I never noticed this either until I watched for it on USA the other day. It's such a funny move. To me, it's almost like a sarcastic "Oh, okay, whatever you say" kind of look. Haha!!

God'sRadio

mr.wolf said:
well when i first saw Raiders in theaters about 3 years ago, I noticed that in the scene where Belloq has taken over the ship the Ark was on and had captured Marion and she was wearing that white silk dress, she wasn't exactly wearing panties and lets just say Karen Allen didn't exactly shave back then.

Known as a Brillo Pad in slang terms

God'sRadio

42.jpg

Indy's panzerfaust is a bit of pipe with three jubilee clips attached

UKIndyFan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbZfVYqdkbM

At about the 3:20 mark, when Indy is telling Mola Ram to meet Kali in hell, is it just me or is he distracted by something off camera? Its not that clear in this video but he glances to his right for just a second between dialougue

Also when Indy is running from the natives to Jock, I find that scene impossible. At the point where he first shouts to Jock he is too far away from the plane, for anybody to hear him. He carries on running a pretty long distance while Jock is finishing up his fishing. You have to see it again to understand :S

Michael24

UKIndyFan said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbZfVYqdkbM

At about the 3:20 mark, when Indy is telling Mola Ram to meet Kali in hell, is it just me or is he distracted by something off camera? Its not that clear in this video but he glances to his right for just a second between dialougue

I'll have to check that out on DVD later. It's hard to see because of the quality of that clip.

But I've always liked that shot of Mola Ram after Willie stops running and screams. It looks like he's thinking to himself, "Jeez, would you just shut up already?" LOL!!!

The Drifter

I noticed this when I was a kid.
Look at the video UnIndyFan posted at the 00:16 mark. See how wide that river lookes?

Now slide the marker over to the 1:48 mark. See how narrow the river has become? Nothing more than a large stream!

rhino

The one thing that I noticed and it has stuck with me since I saw TOD way back when is the kid in the cage with Short Round and Indy before they are to be whipped.
He speaks in a very accented voice telling them that he is praying and then when they talk to him he speaks in perfect un-accented english. "You become like them." I always laugh because the faces that Short Round and Indy give when he is talking always make me think that they are more suprised by his accent or lack of, during that part, than the story he is telling.

God'sRadio

In LC when Indy is pursued in the boat chase, the warrior guy's sub-machine gun breaks open and the actor just looks at it, double take, for a second.

Here at 52 secs

And the stunt guy actually doesn't jump successfully into the boat from the dock in the first place, they cut as he falls off the back

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
God'sRadio said:
In LC when Indy is pursued in the boat chase, the warrior guy's sub-machine gun breaks open and the actor just looks at it, double take, for a second.

I'm pretty sure the idea is that it has run out of bullets.

bonoferox

rhino said:
The one thing that I noticed and it has stuck with me since I saw TOD way back when is the kid in the cage with Short Round and Indy before they are to be whipped.
He speaks in a very accented voice telling them that he is praying and then when they talk to him he speaks in perfect un-accented english. "You become like them." I always laugh because the faces that Short Round and Indy give when he is talking always make me think that they are more suprised by his accent or lack of, during that part, than the story he is telling.

I always thought it was two separate slaves there.

Billy Ray

In TOD, when Indy first sneaks down to the altar and grabs the Sankara Stones he tips his hat to a statue of a cobra...as he turns away, it appears as if the statue moves.

I thought I had made this new discovery after seeing it for my umpteenth time, but apparently I wasn't the first person to notice it:

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=7715