Soundtracks?

fommes

InexorableTash said:
I also want to open up the spreadsheet to the JWFAN forums; I've registered but can't post yet. fommes, if you happen to re-post to that thread, can you extend the offer?

Done! The thread can be found here.

Stoo said:
Joel McNeely composed a NEW OPENING THEME for the 2nd season but Lucas decided to stick with the regular L.Rosenthal one!

Here's a little update:

The redone title wasn't like the Raiders March. It was in keeping with his other scores for the show - broad sweeping sound - perhaps a bit more modern than Rosenthal's scores. I only heard it a few times...

InexorableTash

Stoo said:
I signed in with my previous Google Doc username & password but I still can't edit the new LEGO sheet.:confused:

Granted.

For those keeping score, I have four Google Docs:

Overview Document explaining soundtrack sources:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AStXfrT-eTV8ZHRwOWQ3cl8waGd2bXZjaGQ&hl=en

Attempt at Cue List (episode/time/track/source) and Misc Source Tracks (DVD credits, DVD games, etc)
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AitXfrT-eTV8clFHT2ZlQ2lJazJnNWtuNzRZOGx5V2c&hl=en

Lego Indy 1 Track Analysis:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtsZI4RnsK73cFpiZ2RrVDRFNE9kb0R2S2phZGZCWFE&hl=en

Lego Indy 2 Track Analysis:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AitXfrT-eTV8dHBRVXBzbTZ3MWk5SHpBYkdFa3llZWc&hl=en

These should be readable by all, PM me your email address if you want edit control.

MDew

Hey guys! I'm "that other guy" from the 80's soundtrack blog that created the custom Vol. 5. Of course it was after all that work that I discovered the discussion on here, and have been following ever since - awaiting the day my account would be activated so I could join in (thanks Tash for the help!).

Anyway, thanks to you guys I now have a huge collection of unreleased Young Indy music. My goal is to eventually make an updated Vol.5 once everything is ID'd so everyone else doesn't have to go to all the work we did! The main focus would be the "clean" (no sfx) & high quality tracks, and maybe the rest as "bonus" tracks.

As I told Tash, I do have the capability to rip music from the DVDs, and have recorded a bunch more music that way, including all the credit music - from the shows & the docs. and some other music bits from within the shows. I'm going to go back and try to get the rest you have mentioned in the spreadsheet, so if there's anything else you think of let me know.

I've compiled a list of what I have, so you can cross-check to see what you need. Most I'm sure you have. I'd really like to ID the DVD doc. tracks, so I can sort them with the others. (Everything's all nice & neat in folders now)

Documentary Credits (Haven?t placed yet ? some might be stock, but excluding the ones that are obviously stock):
From Slavery to Freedom (1)
Howard Carter (1) ? probably My First Adventure
Braque & Picasso (2)
Edgar Degas (2)
Theodore Roosevelt = alternate ?Race to the Front?, Demons of Deception (2)
Archduke?s Last Journey (3)
Giacomo Puccini (3)
Sigmund Freud = alternate ?Remembering Verdun?, Demons of Deception (3)
Annie Besant (5)
The Mystery of Edward Stratemeyer (6)
Thomas Edison = Princeton 1916 (6)
Flirting with Danger (9) Probably stock
Into the Furnace (9)
Reading the Enemy?s Mind/Siegfried Sassoon (9) Probably stock
Dreaming of Africa = Passion for Life (9)
Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck (10)
The Two Faces of Jan Smuts (10)
Aerial Warfare in WWI (12) probably stock
VI Lenin (13) Petrograd 1917?
Dracula (17) Probably stock
Woodrow Wilson
America Center Stage (20) = Scandal of 1920

My First Adventure
Slaves (sfx) (DVD)
End Credits (sfx at start) (DVD)

Passion for Life
End Credits (DVD)

Perils of Cupid
Opera (sfx) (DVD)
End Credits (DVD)

Travels with Father
Opening (sfx) (DVD)
Tolstoy Among the People (Rosenthal CD)
End Credits (DVD)

Journey of Radiance
End Credits (DVD)

Spring Break Adventure
Cousin Frank/Traveling Music (sfx)
Pancho Villa?s Camp (bootleg)
Indy?s Theme (DVD)
Princeton 1916 (Thomas Edison Doc)

Love?s Sweet Song
When Irish Eyes are Smiling (sfx) (DVD)
The Fight in the Bakery/The Voice of Ireland (Rosenthal CD)
Off to War (sfx) (DVD)
End Titles (DVD)

Trenches of Hell
Behind German Lines (sfx) (lego)
Book Fight (Lego)
Flames of Horror (sfx) (Lego)
Let?s Bury Some Stiffs (Revolution)
Now?s Our Chance (Revolution)
Painful Lessons (Revolution)
End Credits (DVD)

Demons of Deception
Race to the Front-Alternate/Aerial Pursuit (Lego)
Return from Mission (lego)
Do Any of You Speak German? (Lego)
End Credits (DVD)

Phantom Train of Doom
End Credits (DVD)

Oganga The Giver & Taker of Life
A Stray Bullet (Hunting for Treasure)
500 Miles Down the River (Special Delivery)
Delirious Indy (Lego)
My Name is Albert (Special Delivery)
Opening Titles/Preparing for Battle (DVD)
It?s Treason Sergeant (Lego)
Ronstand?s River Arrest (lego)
Schweitzer on Piano (sfx) (DVD)
The Chief?s Son is Dying (Hunting for Treasure)
Bee Sting/Dutch Boy (Special Delivery)
Our Situation is Desperate (Special Delivery)
Waving Goodbye (Special Delivery)
End Credits (DVD)

Attack of the Hawkmen
Dogfight with the Red Baron (Hunting for Treasure)
Indy?s First Dogfight (Lego)
Out of Danger (Special Delivery)
Photographic Session (Special Delivery)
Richtofen?s Prisoners (Lego)
Serving Schnapps/Note in Pocket/The Camera (lego)
This Will Never Work (Special Delivery)
Arrival in Hannover (Interactive Timeline)
Truck Fight (lego)
Truck Fight & Biplane Escape (Special Delivery)
Welcome to Germany (lego)
End Credits/Garryowen (DVD)

Adventures in the Secret Service
Get One Thing Straight (Lego)
Wrong Compartment (lego)
Friends of Frederic (Special Delivery)
Border Crossing/To the Dungeon (incorrect compared to one on database) (Lego)
End Credits (DVD)

Espionage Escapades
Bistro Guitar (Revolution)
Trainswitch ? unlabeled track
End Credits ? alternate (unknown source)
Extra (unknown source)
Epilogue (unknown source)
The Amazing Flight of the Filing Cabinet (Rosenthal CD)
End Credits (DVD)

MISSING: The Contessa ? Alternate (Revolution)

Daredevils of the Desert
Assault on Gaza (lego)
Talking with Ned (lego)
Desert Brigands (lego)
Deception Chase (lego)
Rewiring the Wells & Final Showdown (lego)
A Trader in Fine Goods & Grab a Pigeon (lego)
End Credits (DVD)

Tales of Innocence
Opening Titles (sfx) (DVD)
Beautiful Doll (sfx) (DVD)
Sax Solo (DVD)
Dueling Fools (sfx) (DVD)
Moonlight Serenade (sfx) (DVD)
End Credits (DVD)

Masks of Evil
Entire Curt Sobel Bootleg Score (20 tracks)
End Credits (DVD)

Treasure of the Peacock?s Eye
It Stops Here (hunting for Treasure)
The Letter (Hunting for Treasure)
Our Diamond is Getting Away (Hunting for Treasure)
Faraway (Steve Bramson)
Finding the Treasure1 (Steve Bramson)
Finding the Treasure2 (Steve Bramson)
Musical Number (DVD)
Stories Concerning Antiquities (Interactive Timeline)
End Credits (DVD)

Winds of Change
End Credits (DVD)

Mystery of the Blues
Turkey in the Straw ? Caribbean (DVD)
Indy plays Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (DVD)
Gospel (DVD)
Sidney Plays Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (sfx) (DVD)
St. Louis Blues (sfx) (DVD)
Turkey in the Straw-African & Ragtime (sfx) (DVD)
April Showers (sfx) (DVD)
Indy Joins the Band (sfx) (DVD)
Turkey in the Straw- Jazz (sfx) (DVD)
End Credits (DVD)

Scandal of 1920
Sing for Me/Mary (DVD)
The Man I Love/Finale (DVD)
Untitled track (America Center Stage Doc)

Hollywood Follies
Opening Titles/Chariot Race (DVD)
Broadway to Hollywood (Rosenthal CD)
Carmina Burana (stock)
Driving Off (sfx) (DVD)
End Credits (DVD)

Is there anyway I can get in on the email loop? I'd love to get the Young Indy Satellite 1 and Lego Indy 2 tracks! Sorry for the long post, but I've been trying to get on here for almost a month! I'm glad to be here & can't wait to contribute to the hunt :D

Stoo

MDew said:
Hey guys! I'm "that other guy" from the 80's soundtrack blog that created the custom Vol. 5. Of course it was after all that work that I discovered the discussion on here, and have been following ever since - awaiting the day my account would be activated so I could join in (thanks Tash for the help!).

Anyway, thanks to you guys I now have a huge collection of unreleased Young Indy music. My goal is to eventually make an updated Vol.5 once everything is ID'd so everyone else doesn't have to go to all the work we did! The main focus would be the "clean" (no sfx) & high quality tracks, and maybe the rest as "bonus" tracks.

As I told Tash, I do have the capability to rip music from the DVDs, and have recorded a bunch more music that way, including all the credit music - from the shows & the docs. and some other music bits from within the shows. I'm going to go back and try to get the rest you have mentioned in the spreadsheet, so if there's anything else you think of let me know.

I've compiled a list of what I have, so you can cross-check to see what you need. Most I'm sure you have. I'd really like to ID the DVD doc. tracks, so I can sort them with the others. (Everything's all nice & neat in folders now)
Hi, "other guy".:p WELCOME ABOARD, MDEW!:hat: Yeah, kudos to Inexorable Tash for he is great and his efforts are indispensable. You've joined at a high time for fans of Young Indy music. Most of the post-"Skull" conversations have fizzled out but this is still going strong...

The documentary tracks are mostly stock but there are some interesting things there. I see you picked out Princeton music for the Edison doc.:D Too much to say right now but will go over your extensive list and comment more later. If you want to help edit Tash's spreadsheets, have at it & pick a colour. Tash is red, I'm green.

Don't mean to overload your senses but check out these links for more:
LEGO Indiana Jones - Young Indy Scores?
End Credits music - original broadcasts

MDew said:
Is there anyway I can get in on the email loop? I'd love to get the Young Indy Satellite 1 and Lego Indy 2 tracks! Sorry for the long post, but I've been trying to get on here for almost a month! I'm glad to be here & can't wait to contribute to the hunt :D
There isn't really any official e-mail loop yet since the majority of this collective work has been on the board (apart from a blitz Tash & I did while The Raven was down for awhile). Personally, I only have a few e-mails of the people on here (and am waiting for T.E. Lawrence's and Crack that whip's). The Raven has a private message function so right-click any username to send a PM with your e-mail. Glad to have you amongst us!

MDew

Thanks for the welcome, Stoo. I'm sorry, that first post was just WAY too long...and I think most of my list is stuff you guys have. Do you have the DVD end credits/docs music recorded, or do you need that? I can share a zip of what I have so you can help ID it. I really don't know where to start on that. I noted on each track the options it could be, based on the info in the credits of each. That narrows it down a little at least. There are some good tracks in there though, some if it I know for sure is unreleased score. I think the end credits from the show has provided the most quality stuff so far though, that's a jackpot!

I'll also throw together what I have recorded off the DVDs - you guys might enjoy some of that :D

I think all I'm lacking that you guys have is the Lego 2 stuff & original broadcast credits. Was anything from Staff of Kings ID'd, or is that just original stuff?

T.E.Lawrence

MDew said:
<snip>

I think all I'm lacking that you guys have is the Lego 2 stuff & original broadcast credits. Was anything from Staff of Kings ID'd, or is that just original stuff?

Hi MDew. So glad to see you here.

About Original broadcast music - new updated version will be soon out. I am working on it and I am near the end. I will put you on the distribution list as soon it is finished so you will get a copy.

For Stoo and Fommes:
Will send ya guys my email soon for the CC mailing list.

Best Wishes to everyone.

MDew

Thank you Mr. Lawrence, I look forward to it. I took the liberty of gathering up all my recorded-off-DVD tracks mentioned in my 1st post (besides the credits), and adding a few more. Most have sound effects or are otherwise unusable in a future custom Vol. 5, so I thought it would make a nice little companion album. It's nothing groundbreaking, but kinda fun to hear some of these again. Heck I even made some cover art:

e9881e70de.jpg

Enjoy ;)

fommes

MDew, welcome! Very glad to have you here.

Concerning Staff of Kings, I don't have the game, but I was told that there probably is some YIJC stuff on there. That someone didn't record anything of it though, unfortunately.

T.E.Lawrence

fommes said:
MDew, welcome! Very glad to have you here.

Concerning Staff of Kings, I don't have the game, but I was told that there probably is some YIJC stuff on there. That someone didn't record anything of it though, unfortunately.

Hi Fommes. Just checked my archive. I have PS soundtrack of Staff of Kings by Gordy Haab. I am not sure is that is the soundtrack that you are refering to.

Those are the tracks:

01 Sea Bed Chase.mp3
02 Fight in the Desert.mp3
03 Magnus Theme.mp3
04 Elephant Chase.mp3
05 Nazi Battle.mp3
06 Jungle Encounter.mp3
07 Cable Car Chase.mp3
08 Chinatown Alley Fight.mp3
09 Fight in Panama.mp3
10 Run For Your Life.mp3

If that is the one I can upload it on our distribution list, let me know.

Best Wishes

Crack that whip

Fantastic!

OT: Stoo, I got your PM, but my email is out right now. I'll get back to you via email ASAP, though (I know your PM box is stuffed to capacity).

fommes

Hey T.E., yeah that's the soundtrack composed for the game (which I have, but thanks for the offer nonetheless). But there's additional music tracked into the game - I know of some KOTCS music, and I suspect there might be Young Indy music as well.

InexorableTash

For reference, the PSP version of SoK has a different soundtrack entirely, which reuses no music beyond the Raiders March. It has been ripped in full.

MDew

I have what I assume is the SOK PC soundtrack, it has 70 tracks and I'm fairly certain there is no Young Indy music in there. I didn't recognize anything from KOTCS either. What's in there is very "video game" sounding and wouldn't really fit in with the rest of the music. Is the PSP one any better?

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Here's a little update:

The redone title wasn't like the Raiders March. It was in keeping with his other scores for the show - broad sweeping sound - perhaps a bit more modern than Rosenthal's scores. I only heard it a few times...
Thanks, Rocket.:hat: "More modern", eh? Interesting...I hope it wasn't anything like the Season 2 preview tune w/funky bass, electric drums & synths!:sick:

Fingers crossed that Mr. Malamed will reach out to McNeely because I'm dying to hear it. (As Sol Rosenberg would say, "I'm dying ova here!";))
MDew said:
Thanks for the welcome, Stoo. I'm sorry, that first post was just WAY too long...and I think most of my list is stuff you guys have. Do you have the DVD end credits/docs music recorded, or do you need that? I can share a zip of what I have so you can help ID it. I really don't know where to start on that. I noted on each track the options it could be, based on the info in the credits of each. That narrows it down a little at least. There are some good tracks in there though, some if it I know for sure is unreleased score. I think the end credits from the show has provided the most quality stuff so far though, that's a jackpot!
From memory, here's a rundown of the history and status of each source (hope all is correct):

Volume 5, Transylvania: Laserschwert w/artwork
Finding all legit releases on various compilations/websites: Various (Crack that whip, T.E. Lawrence, Tash, etc.)
LEGO tracks: Discovered & provided by Tash. (This was the impetus that got the *boulder* rolling!) Less than a dozen remain Unidentified.
DVD games: Discovered by me. Tash provided the path to extract them. Several tracks remain Unidentified.
DVD timeline: Discovered by Tash who also pointed out how to extract it.
DVD documentary end-credits: Tash grabbed & provided them.
DVD end-credit tracks: Tash grabbed & provided them. (I'll defer to him re: the progress of splitting & identifying placement of the themes.)
Original Broadcast end-credits: T.E. Lawerence & fommes have collaborated and they're almost complete (as T.E. mentioned above).
Staff of Kings: not yet available...(see below)
LEGO2: Mr. fommes! Identification in progress.
DVD Various Songs: You, MDew!

A couple of things omitted from the list. More on that later...By the way, does your username stand for Mountain Dew?(y)
fommes said:
Oh, there definitely is some in the game but whether there is any NEW stuff is the question. There was an interview, before the game out, with one of the developers who said they used some YIJC scores. Many pages back I mentioned hearing "Bistro Guitar" from Barcelona and some stuff from Transylvania (...and even though 2 friends of mine worked on the game, I don't own it either!:eek::eek: Recognized some music from clips on YouTube.)

MDew

Thanks for the status update, Stoo. Now I know where we stand. MDew is short for my name and coincidentally my favorite drink ;)

Here's the SOK music I have, if anyone wants to compare it to the PSP version. I can't even remember where I got it (I also have the other Indy games if anyone's interested).

As for the DVD Docs, nobody has ID'd them yet? Should I start adding them to the spreadsheet? I'll rule out the ones that are obviously stock music, then we can start working on the rest.

Stoo said:
Thanks, Rocket.:hat: "More modern", eh? Interesting...I hope it wasn't anything like the Season 2 preview tune w/funky bass, electric drums & synths!:sick:

Fingers crossed that Mr. Malamed will reach out to McNeely because I'm dying to hear it. (As Sol Rosenberg would say, "I'm dying ova here!";))

Really? They used some hollow techno crap and poppy Seinfeld bass for Young Indy rather than reuse a Season 1 song? :rolleyes: (n)

I would ask to hear it, but no...I don't want to spoil anything.

I'm sure he'll try, lets hope theres a reply!(y)

InexorableTash

MDew said:
I have what I assume is the SOK PC soundtrack, it has 70 tracks and I'm fairly certain there is no Young Indy music in there. I didn't recognize anything from KOTCS either. What's in there is very "video game" sounding and wouldn't really fit in with the rest of the music. Is the PSP one any better?

I suspect you have the PSP soundtrack, as it is 70 tracks. (Assuming you count the fanfares). And, er, SOK wasn't released on PC! See http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18765&page=7 for more details.

InexorableTash